Who should be added next?

The British/Canadians/Australians
- 0 (0%)
The Soviets
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 30, 2017, 10:47:35 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Seltsame Insel: OLD THREAD. DEAD.  (Read 18406 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Into ze Slauterhaus.
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2017, 08:34:12 pm »

((no long-range bonus? okay.))

I forgot to take that into account. I should say that I'm a novice GM and will later have a method for keeping
better track of that stuff.

What does RMA stand for?

I'll wait until that's answered to post an action.

EDIT: would my high tolerance negate my concussion penalties?

As for your question glass, RMA = Requires Medic's Attention. And no. Your skill won't negate it, but it will reduce the time before it wears off once a medic sees you.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:36:11 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2017, 08:44:51 pm »

What does RMA stand for?

As for your question glass, RMA = Requires Medic's Attention. And no. Your skill won't negate it, but it will reduce the time before it wears off once a medic sees you.
Okay.

How much penalty does the concussion give to my actions? Would high tolerance at least reduce that a bit?

Anyway, radio in a request for a medic and hunker down, minimizing the area that the Nazis can use to shoot me.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2017, 09:16:09 pm »

Spoiler: Nitpicks (click to show/hide)

((Cool game! I'm enjoying reading it.))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:23:43 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2017, 09:41:54 pm »

Spoiler: Nitpicks (click to show/hide)

((Cool game! I'm enjoying reading it.))

I really appreciate that nitpick here, so in response, here's a few explanations as to why it is the way it is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Glad to hear it.))

What does RMA stand for?

Okay.

How much penalty does the concussion give to my actions? Would high tolerance at least reduce that a bit?

Well. It'll get rid of the pain debuff, but the effects of the concussion remain. (The effects(-1 in high light and noise environs, -1 to cognitive function rolls, and Food doesn't give buffs) are active until it subsides.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:49:22 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2017, 09:04:58 am »

What does RMA stand for?

Okay.

Well. It'll get rid of the pain debuff, but the effects of the concussion remain. (The effects(-1 in high light and noise environs, -1 to cognitive function rolls, and Food doesn't give buffs) are active until it subsides.)
Yeah, the pain was the part I was asking about. Sounds good.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2017, 10:26:22 am »

Continue searching for those dead medics and their medical supplies in the beach, I'm going to need medical attention and stabilization

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2017, 12:26:21 pm »

TURN 4

Landing Craft 1

Try to shoot the guy manning the MG closest to me

[5+2] Firing his BAR precisely at the best’s gunner, Pvt. Reynolds hits and kills the loader and gunner of the nest. It will take a bit for the Nazis to get it back up and shooting again, so the soldiers go inland, right into the minefield. [1] None of the advancing men make it past the minefield and to the sea wall.

Continue searching for those dead medics and their medical supplies in the beach, I'm going to need medical attention and stabilization

[4] Managing to at last find a usable medkit, missing only the morphine, Pvt. Smith takes a handful of bandages and begins to stop the bleeding. [3] He can't quite stop the bleeding and his hands start to get shaky from blood loss. [6] Having ran out into the midst of the LC2 crew, Smith manages to attract the attention of the gunner, who throws hell at the wounded soldier. They miss him and instead take out the last of the reinforcements for LC2.

Spoiler: Pvt. Reynolds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pvt. Smith (click to show/hide)

Landing Craft 2

Stay in cover.

[4] Deciding to stay in cover, Pvt. Siegfried manages to keep himself alive while watching his friends from LC2 get slaughtered.

welp, I've got little choice here, I can't make the sprint with a crippled leg. I fight through the pain, work the bolt to extract the dud, and attempt to take that MG out once more.

[6] Pulling back the bolt again to kick out the did round, Pvt. Nightingale prepares to kill this poor fool on the gun. He breathes in one last time, before exhaling and squeezing out a round that shatters the man's skull to bits. The little puff of red, pink, and white sinks down onto the dead Nazi as he falls to the ground. The flash gives away Nightingale’s position to another sniper! The sniper fires and [3] misses narrowly, but just enough to make Nightingale hide in his cover.

Spoiler: Pvt. Siegfried (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pvt. Nightingale (click to show/hide)

1st Airborne Division

radio in a request for a medic and hunker down, minimizing the area that the Nazis can use to shoot me.

[6] About the same time as he reaches for the radio, Pvt. Grey sees a couple medics running around the defilade looking for survivors. Hailing one of them to his location, Grey get some of the medical attention he needs. His head is bandaged and he's given some morphine for the headache. After that is finished, the medic’s head suddenly explodes into brains and skull fragments. He's down before the report of the rifle is heard. His buddy hits the deck in time to miss the bullet meant for him. [6] Pvt. Grey ducks into cover of the defilade wall, but bumps into the loosened stones causing a small rock slide down the wall. This reveals the other medic, who then is shot in the gut.

Spoiler: Pvt. Grey (click to show/hide)

End Turn 4

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2017, 12:33:02 pm »

Crab. Two medics down... that's gonna smart in the long run.

For now, though, again, hunker down to avoid being shot, and if anyone starts shooting at me, use my quick reflexes to not get shot.
If I can see any large groupings of Nazis, then radio in their position. Don't radio in my position, the way I did last time.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2017, 12:45:05 pm »

diving under the water, I shift to another point in the shallows. staying someplace already zero'd by an enemy sniper is suicidal. once I've repositioned, I'll begin treatment of my injuries, using the rags of nearby uniforms to staunch the bleeding. and help me regain limited use of my injured limbs.

((Pvt Nightingale isn't technically a sniper btw. he's a marksman. The difference is snipers usually are solo or pairs, and HEAVILLY trained in stealth and survival skills, often used more as scouts than assassins but very good as assassins when the time comes. a marksman acompanies a normal infantry platoon, and does not have the solo operations, stealth, or survival traing of a true sniper. Their job is mostly exactly what pvt nightingale is doing right now - pick off high threat individuals or enemies firing from cover. meaning the machinegunners in this situation.))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:15:42 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2017, 12:49:20 pm »

Use my bazooka to take out the still fully functioning bunker.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:22:02 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2017, 03:09:18 pm »

Fire at the next nest
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2017, 05:21:23 pm »

((Fair point, Lenglon. Also there's a discord. It is Here.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2017, 06:37:19 pm »

Spoiler: What have I done? (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2017, 08:52:43 pm »

Assign him to the airborne division. XD
Watch him land at the Nazi base trying to show up on the beach.  :P

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 09:26:18 pm »

Absolutely. This has my complete approval.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12