Who should be added next?

The British/Canadians/Australians
- 0 (0%)
The Soviets
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 30, 2017, 10:47:35 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Seltsame Insel: OLD THREAD. DEAD.  (Read 18416 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: Into ze Slauterhaus.
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2017, 01:49:22 am »

LT: start with a M1919, assigned to airborne division. first action: airdrop to someplace clear of the immediate fighting to flank the enemy and supress their flak guns!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2017, 06:42:29 am »

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait.
I just woke up and had the best idea.

Lt Lewis is a native guide.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:48:58 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2017, 01:45:08 pm »

Continue stabilization until my bleeding is fixed, repeat if I have too

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2017, 09:17:27 pm »

LT:Have pistol.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2017, 07:39:45 am »

LT:Have pistol.
LT: Have dual pistols. And wield one per hand.

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
  • I hope I win the big cash.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2017, 10:44:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dive off the landing craft into cover
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:07:54 am by Poohbah »

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2017, 10:45:51 am »

LT: make a Sandcastle

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2017, 11:30:32 am »

((Don't double post.))

TURN 5

Landing Craft 1

Fire at the next nest

[1] Aiming for the other nest, Pvt Reynolds fires his BAR and would have been pretty good, had a mass of wet sand not found it's way into the breech of his rifle. With the first round fired, the sand gets lodged in the gas piston’s barrel opening. The gun cycles as normal as the parts of the sand turn to glass from the gasses. Then, when the second round fires, the glass prevents the correct amount of gas from getting through, preventing a full cycle. It is jammed. [4] The nest that was knocked out by Pvt. Reynolds still has nobody in it. [1] The artillery fires, finally ending Pvt. Reynolds in a gory display of guts and bones and severed limbs.

Continue stabilization until my bleeding is fixed, repeat if I have too

[1] Working hard to stop the bleeding, Pvt. Smith tries his best to stop or slow the bleeding, but only manages to further increase the bleeding. He watched as his life stains the sand. His vision blurs, darkens and eventually disappears. So too do the sounds of war and dying and suffering. Pvt. Smith bleeds out in the sand.

Spoiler: Pvt. Reynolds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pvt. Smith (click to show/hide)

Landing Craft 2

Use my bazooka to take out the still fully functioning bunker.

[2] Aiming for the kill, Pvt. Siegfried lets loose another rocket. Whilst flying, the rocket loses thrust and only managed to make it halfway up to the cliff. It explodes and does absolutely nothing, except draw the attention of that pesky sniper. [4] Getting hunkered down quickly after the shot to reload, Siegfried avoids the sniper’s shot and is totally fine.

diving under the water, I shift to another point in the shallows. staying someplace already zero'd by an enemy sniper is suicidal. once I've repositioned, I'll begin treatment of my injuries, using the rags of nearby uniforms to staunch the bleeding. and help me regain limited use of my injured limbs.

[2-1] By the time he'd gotten to the water the sniper has zeroed in on him, but hasn't taken the shot. Nightingale moves to better cover behind a “line” of tank traps leading to the cliff and the where he supposes the sniper is. He's wrong and the sniper fires and [1] nails Pvt. Nightingale​ at the base of the skull, ending him instantly.

Spoiler: Pvt. Siegfried (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pvt. Nightingale (click to show/hide)

Landing Craft 3

Quote from: Poohbah
Dive off the landing craft into cover.

[2] An artillery shell rips through the right side of the landing craft, sending a sheet of steel through the crowd and taking off Pvt. Alabaster's right leg. The craft makes it to the beach and the doors drop [1] to a second artillery shell directly in the center of the craft, destroying it instantly.

Spoiler: Pvt. Alabaster (click to show/hide)

1st Airborne Division

For now, though, again, hunker down to avoid being shot, and if anyone starts shooting at me, use my quick reflexes to not get shot.
If I can see any large groupings of Nazis, then radio in their position. Don't radio in my position, the way I did last time.

[4] Pvt. Grey sits in the defilade, waiting for someone to kill this bastard. He's in a pretty good spot. But not the best. That goes to the guy on his left, who is in perfect standing cover. [4+2] The sniper shoots and misses, but his shot was merely to keep everyone pinned down. Peeking over the cover, [3-2] Grey mistakes a group of small trees for enemies and calls in artillery. It was a fruitless endeavor that opened up a venue to some actual enemies with an actual sight line of him and what remains of the troops from his plane. [5] Even with a true line of sight, the Nazis don't see them. They move on.

Spoiler: Pvt. Grey (click to show/hide)

Lt. Lucy

When going to get on the plane, Lt. Lucy mistook a bomber for his cargo plane and crawls into the bomb bay. ((For placement of Lucy I'll be using a d8.)) [3] He spends the time between the air base in Florida and his target destination walking around confused as to where everyone is at.
   A couple hours later, a green light comes on and the floor disappears out from under him. He opens his chute and looks down. “Hooey. This is one huge beach.” He plops down onto the sand in the desert in the middle of the island. Unclipping his harness, Lucy proceeds to head to his immediate left. There's a small tribal village nearby and a plume of dust and smoke on the horizon where the bombs fell.
   His first idea is to build a sandcastle. [5] More like a sand fortress. It'll probably survive an actual bomb.
   [6] Lucy sees a couple of flak emplacements and shoots to suppress them drawing their fire. [6+3] The rounds tear through the air around him and explode in the air behind him like fireworks, burning down the village. [3-3] his shots don't just not hit, they go anywhere but the emplacements. In his rush to kill as many Nazis as he can, he's killed two or three civilians.

Spoiler: Lt. Lucy (click to show/hide)

End Turn 5
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:40:46 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Seltsame Insel: A moron lands in the desert.
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2017, 11:33:57 am »

Take cover and reload.

LT:Save the now wounded civilians.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:42:03 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2017, 11:37:39 am »

If the Nazis had line of sight on us, then we had line of sight on them. Radio in their position. Once again, don't radio in my position.

And yes, continue hunkering down to avoid getting shot, and use my quick reflexes to assist that.

For the LT: rush the Nazis with your combat knife, I want to see what happens.

EDIT: I just realized something. Lucy can't ever hit anything... but they can also never get hit (a +3 means it's always a 4 or higher for defense rolls, disregarding penalties, which, because of the +3, I'm pretty sure Lucy will never get).

EDIT2: I notice that 4 of the 6 PCs just died this turn, and I happened to be lucky enough to not be one of them. When we get into non-battle zones, will the mortality rate go down, or are 1s basically all going to continue being death sentences?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 01:29:08 pm by Glass »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2017, 01:32:21 pm »

Pvt Wonderland - stats identical to last two chars

Pvt Wonderland - sprint to the safety of the cliffs, below where the gun depression of the enemy so they can't shoot him anymore.

((@Glass - and now you know why it's better to be "Lucky" than good. also, it's the only possible way to make a suggestion-game-style character survive being in a high-lethality game like this.))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 01:35:39 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2017, 03:20:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

run off the landing craft into cover
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:25:48 pm by Poohbah »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2017, 03:24:54 pm »

EDIT: I just realized something. Lucy can't ever hit anything... but they can also never get hit (a +3 means it's always a 4 or higher for defense rolls, disregarding penalties, which, because of the +3, I'm pretty sure Lucy will never get).

EDIT2: I notice that 4 of the 6 PCs just died this turn, and I happened to be lucky enough to not be one of them. When we get into non-battle zones, will the mortality rate go down, or are 1s basically all going to continue being death sentences?

Yep. It will go way down. This high mortality is why I'm just saying copy paste your dead ones. Once this part is over, you'll have to roll entirely new characters if yours die. And once the battle is over, the 1s stop being instadeath unless the opposition rolls really good.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:27:44 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2017, 09:27:02 pm »

Rename character William McManus

Arrive, get to cover, suppress one of the MG nests
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2017, 03:00:26 am »

This game makes my sides hurt.

LT: Attempt to shoot self.

He can never hit, and he can never be harmed. What's the worst that could happen?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12