Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Housing Screen?  (Read 699 times)

Batgirl1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Housing Screen?
« on: March 30, 2017, 12:34:53 pm »

I know UI is lowest priority, but it would be nice if there was a way to quickly determine how many dwarfs own bedrooms, etc.  The existing room screen can tell you how many existing rooms are owned, but if there are still dwarfs running around homeless, you won't know this without meticulous counting.  I'm thinking just a quick glance-at screen, like maybe:

Urist McRich: 1 Great Bedroom
UristMcAverage: 1 modest bedroom
Urist McHusband: 1 modest bedroom (shared with Urist McWife)
Urist McPoor: No Room
Dwarfs: 75
Bedrooms: 30
Dining rooms: 2

It should be fairly doable, do you think?  I'd also be nice to see at a glance which dwarfs are married and to whom.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
Re: Housing Screen?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 06:01:02 pm »

I just make excess bedrooms, then hit "assign bedroom" when I'm making it a free bedroom for the next taker. You can then scroll through the dwarves on the list, using + and -. The ones who have bedroom are listed in brown, those without one are listed in green. You don't have to assign any (you might be trying to id a vampire), but you could count how many green there are, then make that many more bedrooms.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 07:21:04 am »

Oh, I will look back nostalgically to the days you have to note down each immigrant manually on a notebook.   ;)

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 09:00:05 am »

Oh, I will look back nostalgically to the days you have to note down each immigrant manually on a notebook.   ;)

You don't know how true that is!