Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Picture Wars, WIP/General thread  (Read 15669 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars, WIP thread
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 07:35:14 am »

Here, you could go even darker with the colors. But you get the basic idea. By the way, yes I knew they were cultists.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 07:37:37 am »

Here, you could go even darker with the colors. But you get the basic idea. By the way, yes I knew they were cultists.

Hence why I made my edit. I assumed you knew, but I messed up.

I did make a new version just now. If it's still blurry, loading it up in Paint.net should fix it. And yes, the Poses screen is miscolored. It's an easy fix, but one I was not eager to do. It should be easy to correct, should the need arise. I will add more color to my Cultist robes, though, since all brown is boring.

EDIT: I forgot the link. Here's the newest one, where the cultist's have more colorful robes. I will change the one with the bombs, since charcoal black doesn't really fit. http://imgur.com/a/B7PR8
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:44:33 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 07:56:03 am »

*bump because I'm curious*

Also, I can make poses on the fly, since they don't take too long to do.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 08:21:33 am »

So, I'm not trying to be mean, but currently your cultists look like ninjas and the color still is unnatural on the robes. Had time so messed with your army:

Also, I can make poses on the fly, since they don't take too long to do.
It's a good idea to have at least a walking pose other than the idle pose.

Edit:

I remembered I have done this before which is an army of dwarfs similar to yours in size. You can take a look at them.
Edit Edit:
Not sure if posted this before, but here is a link to a match where I use the dwarfs: http://picturewars.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2581&pid=60475#pid60475
(By the way, I love how we just managed to get two pages of just our posts.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 08:29:40 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 08:35:35 am »

So, I'm not trying to be mean, but currently your cultists look like ninjas and the color still is unnatural on the robes. Had time so messed with your army:

It's a good idea to have at least a walking pose other than the idle pose.

Not mean at all! You're right, they are a bit unnatural. And I guess I can whip some walking poses for them now.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 09:01:13 am »

Wanted to post my demon army with a new portal.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2017, 09:06:09 am »

Nice new portal! Here's my new designs. I went with muted colors, reds, and greys. I also may have ripped you off with these belts. http://imgur.com/a/Lxlxf

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2017, 09:31:18 am »

I love the first guy, however the archer guy looks kind a like a muppet and there basically isn't enough space for the whole arrowhead so you should have it be just one pixel. You are slowly getting better at it. I like how you went with design on the bomb guy.
Also rip those units as much or as little as you want, they are yours. This is what the WIP is for as well. Actually even the portal and one of the units isn't fully mine, but it was made by ltoblivious from PW forums. It's no shame in taking sprites made for you and rearaging them to your likings. It's actually a good way to improve.
Edit: it seems your spritesheet is blurry again... (?)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:44:32 am by snow dwarf »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2017, 10:00:16 am »

Hmm, okay. Let me fix those, then. I might also take what I've learned and make a Lead Cultist, but since that makes seven (counting the shoggoth and Cthulhu), I might make Sword-Dude the leader.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2017, 10:10:57 am »

Hmm, okay. Let me fix those, then. I might also take what I've learned and make a Lead Cultist, but since that makes seven (counting the shoggoth and Cthulhu), I might make Sword-Dude the leader.
I'm trying to stay awake, but think the two cans of coke can't keep me up long enough, so just gonna give you a tip. If you want to use the cthulu now, I suggest you redraw it, and maybe use my big demon as a base, Also try to track the colors you use, because it will allow you to redraw stuff easily later. The same with the shogguth. Also try to use organic colors.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2017, 01:04:26 am »

So, since I can, have a look at what my army has...Note, before you mention about the samurai archers, that's intentional.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2017, 02:49:46 am »

They are awesome, you improved since the last match, few tips:
The legs with the purple lines in the middle look a bit trippy. Your colors should have more contrast between the shades, because they blend together and you have to look super close to see the small features. I like the banner and the little lantern you added to the guy holding the flag. The archers look good other than the last guy with the short bow, he looks like he has a sling shot. I would have done some examples to show you but I'm not on my laptop right now.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2017, 07:20:42 am »

To be honest, I made the colors so similar because I wanted them to not look too different in terms of shading, although, I can see how that would be a negative and how I might want to make the colors more pronounced. As for the one hankyū Ashigaru, yeah, personally I don't really like that one but I never got around to editing it like I did with the others. Though, I have to ask, what do you mean by trippy?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, what I put in the spoiler is the updated piratopian army, I made it before making the samurai army and its look effected my decisions somewhat. Such as the shading on the arms I felt was to much which is why I made the arms the same color for my samurai and ashigaru. Its not done and I stopped working on it when I started work on the other army shown above, or on the other page...I dono where this post will end up after all.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2017, 07:56:02 am »

I think my Cthulhu is fine as is, save for a modified version of his arms. I will completely redraw the Shoggoth, though, as their many eyes aren't clear as is.

EDIT: http://imgur.com/a/kd8nt
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:10:09 am by Greatness942 »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2017, 08:27:52 am »

I didn't mean you should change the colors, I mean you should have a different contrast between the different shades of purple.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13