Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Picture Wars, WIP/General thread  (Read 15687 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Picture Wars, WIP/General thread
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2017, 12:23:44 am »

Here's a...weird idea.

What if, I (or someone else) sets up a Picture Wars match, but with a Territory War gimmick. Like Planetside 2 or For Honor, there would be a central control map, divided up into Territories. Each territory is a map where a battle can take place. Each factions gets one starter territory, and can take other maps. Disputes will take place on the battle maps, and the winner will get that territory.

To give two better examples, here is the For Honor: Territory War trailer, and here is a continent outline I drew in under five minutes, but still gives a half-decent idea of what I mean.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2017, 12:41:21 am »

Here's a...weird idea.

What if, I (or someone else) sets up a Picture Wars match, but with a Territory War gimmick. Like Planetside 2 or For Honor, there would be a central control map, divided up into Territories. Each territory is a map where a battle can take place. Each factions gets one starter territory, and can take other maps. Disputes will take place on the battle maps, and the winner will get that territory.

To give two better examples, here is the For Honor: Territory War trailer, and here is a continent outline I drew in under five minutes, but still gives a half-decent idea of what I mean.
As much as it seems fun. It is impossible, basically because of how much PW battles take time and I know because it has been tried before. My faction game also will have a map and everything but no PW battles.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2017, 12:58:26 am »

Oh, okay. It might be able to be done with a smaller map, but I get your point.

When are you setting up the Faction War game?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2017, 02:56:08 am »

Oh, okay. It might be able to be done with a smaller map, but I get your point.

When are you setting up the Faction War game?
Somewhere during this week, but probably on Friday
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2017, 05:30:22 am »

Anybody using firefox, please check out this http://picturewars.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=96

Edit: Btw, what do you guys think of moving this thread into "forum games & roleplaying"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:35:01 am by snow dwarf »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2017, 08:10:41 am »

I don't mind it, but I feel like it'll definitely get lost.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2017, 09:06:22 am »

I finished writing most of the faction game and will post it tomorrow, cause really tired now.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2017, 07:57:46 pm »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2017, 03:54:27 am »

I'm looking for someone who is good at roleplaying and would like to be the second gm for the upcoming second faction game (the first one died).

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
  • "Drop the hemp wool sock!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2017, 05:40:29 am »

I'm looking for someone who is good at roleplaying and would like to be the second gm for the upcoming second faction game (the first one died).

I'm up for it. Might not be able to do any GMing very often, though. The next few weeks are going to be pretty busy for me.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2017, 09:12:38 am »

I'm looking for someone who is good at roleplaying and would like to be the second GM for the upcoming second faction game (the first one died).

I'm up for it. Might not be able to do any GMing very often, though. The next few weeks are going to be pretty busy for me.
Great! I will PM you with further stuff.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2017, 08:13:33 pm »

Any Updoot on factions 2.0?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2017, 04:39:42 am »

Any Updoot on factions 2.0?
Probably this week. The thame is still going to steampunk, but less sci fi. We are discussing stuff with EpicJ. We also have a map this time! It is gonna be much more focused on expansion and growth and you are basically starting at the beginning, but there will be a way to use your empire.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2017, 04:46:55 am »

Umm... Something tells me that we won't be starting the faction game this week, but do not worry. We are onto it.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2018, 09:32:24 pm »

PTW

I would be up for a small amateur session myself.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:34:07 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13