Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ~ ( 0 ) ~ Sci Fi Mod ~ ( 0 ) ~  (Read 2600 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
~ ( 0 ) ~ Sci Fi Mod ~ ( 0 ) ~
« on: April 01, 2017, 02:08:28 am »

Galactic Forge!

~ Heavily Under Construction ~

Feature List

- 100 Species of Dogs
- 9 Alien Races
- Overhaul Plants & Monsters
- Renaming Everything!
- 500 Clothing Options
- Multiple Subspecies & Castes
- Expanded & Redon Languages
- Nobility Overhaul
- Guns! Guns! Guns!

Implemented?

- Dick All.

=====================================
"Welcome to Sigma 6 the new frontier world of opportunity"
=====================================

The Races

Sol = Humans "Cockroaches of the galaxy, Can lose limbs without worry, go days without water, weeks without food, drop em down in any environment and watch em breed like rats, this is the humans in a nutshell"

Taurus = Reptoids "Large bodied, neon scaled savages with a fearsome reputation with a tribal society"

Zeta Reticuli = Grays "Clone race of mysterious manipulators, reclusive and insular. Many castes and subspecies with variable degrees genetic tampering"

Aquari = Horned Brutes "Apelike brutes from a dystopian world bathed in fallout, horned and with a massive musculature they are the perfect soldier race" 

Gliece = Little Green Men "Why train a soldier when a scientist can design a thousand, this is the motto of all Gliece. Small & frail, the engorged cranium is the greatest asset"

Centurion = Power Armoured Warriors "Nobility, Honour & Skill in battle, these things are the greatest virtues of the centurions, you are not born to a name but you earn it! For the Emperor!"

Omicrons = Tinkerers "Completely dependent on a breathing mask when off home-world they find work often as engineers, a brain made for puzzle solving. You design it, they can make it work"

Eridani = Galactic Assassins "Making there homes underground with slender agile bodies, complete dark vision and the uncanny ability to spit poison. It would seem every aspect of the Eridani was designed for killing discreetly"

Arietions = Fish Men "Unparalleled diplomats and artists the Arietions make there homes beneath or near large bodies of water, equipped with gills they are used for any and all under Water tasks"

=============
Summery of Concept
=============

Alright so you have all seen my pitch. I am primarily an artist but iv been modding dwarf fortress for years and I reckon theres very little I cant do by this point.
Recently iv found myself with a huge lack of a project and an enormous amount of free time. And so I have always wanted to make a sci-fi mod for DF a complete conversion of all assets and tinkering with all I can possibly tinker with.

Heres the thing. Ima try to keep it simple ware I can, Renaming monkeys to "Space Monkeys" Is not exactly what I am saying but its close enough. Putting in a few weeks of work I foresee myself being able to publish this mod relatively soon.
I cannot promise anything right away as I have done only the most basics of progress so far ( Got the 100 dogs though! )

If anyone wants to lend there skills I will gladly accept the help! Anything to get this done in a timely manner would be greatly appreciated.
I will credit anyone who helps and they will be my BFFs forever and ever. Now to launch this post and hope spell check got all my dreadful grammar!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 04:17:54 am by DizzyCrash »

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~ ( 0 ) ~ Sci Fi Mod ~ ( 0 ) ~
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 02:09:41 am »

Suggestions are wanted and needed!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 05:27:24 am by DizzyCrash »

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 08:58:20 pm »

Well, if you are doing Adventure Mode type stuff, I would say that you should take some of the stuff from TechFortress once we have a working build - save yourself some effort. As the eternal magic freak, i would suggest interactions of a more sci-fi nature - make it so that there is maybe a Science system, whereby you have craftables in the game interface, similar to bone carving, but while some of the things can be crafted by any old hoe, some of them require SUBSTANCES, which special interactions can allow you to... emit. In this way, gaining the "secret" of Explosives Engineering lets you build your own Grenades. The substance only represents the knowledge required to craft the item. So if you have, say, the Power Gauntlet crafting recipe unlocked with the Bionic Sciences skill, you still need Steel, and Electronic Parts, and Robotic Parts to actually BUILD one. Such a crafting system would require skill in the area of both interactions and crafting systems -as well as a bunch of work. but you said ur pretty experienced, so i figure you could handle it. Also. Add many megabeasts. EVERYONE loves megabeasts, amiright?
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
----------------------------------
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 07:37:55 am »

I'd be willing to give a hand, particularly with the lizardmen (since I'm thinking about doing a lizardman mod anyway).

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 11:06:34 am »

Oh? If you can put together a 8'foot tall lizardman I can use you will save me a lot! of time. Bites, Kicks, Claws & Tail attacks are going to make a fairly versatile and fun fighter.
The Tauren are the most imposing and physically deadly so give em one hell of a bite!

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 01:08:58 pm »

Oh? If you can put together a 8'foot tall lizardman I can use you will save me a lot! of time. Bites, Kicks, Claws & Tail attacks are going to make a fairly versatile and fun fighter.
The Tauren are the most imposing and physically deadly so give em one hell of a bite!

If you've got a Discord, jump in the channel in my signature and we can chat about it in there.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 05:33:12 pm »

DF Forums are much slower than they were 6 years ago.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 09:32:22 pm »

You can check out Komodos from Furry Fortress if you want a head start on reptiloids.  They've got claw and tail slaps.  Although I would call them Torren or Sauren or Zaurus or something, since Taurus means bull. 

Sci-Fi is kinda rare, but there have been several post apocalyptic mods over the years.  Maybe look up some of those for ideas. 

For languages, let me suggest searching for the DFLang tool, it's very useful. 

Guns are tricky.  If you don't want a civ to be able to build wooden plasma rifles at the bowyers workshop, you need to a make a custom reaction.  And as far as I know, any ranged weapon needs to shoot actual physical ammunition that falls to the ground after being fired, which is weird if it's something like a plasma bolt.  However, if you are on the frontier, you probably would have a weapon that can simply launch anything lying around at a deadly velocity.  (like a railgun, except that current railguns specifically need metal ammunition to work) 

(By the way, if you are an artist and desperate for something to do, I would love to have someone improve the artwork for Furry Fortress
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 04:59:30 pm »

thank you for the help friend! I will be sure to look into what you have suggested.

So far iv completed all the main races. if somebody could whip together a reaction to prevent wooden guns it would be greatly helpful.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 06:19:13 pm »

-missed the last post. snip-

I want to help, let me know how.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:48:28 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 10:15:12 am »

This sounds like a cool idea. I'm interested in what you do with the Grays. I was building my own version of them recently.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 03:09:33 pm »

This sounds like a cool idea. I'm interested in what you do with the Grays. I was building my own version of them recently.

So far a clone race, getting around the genderless situation was a bit tricky.
So far things are going smoothly iv been networking with a dedicated group of modders to get the job done! anyone who wants to help add me on Discord: DizzyCrash
Same for Skype if anyone is interested.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 02:23:55 pm »

Geez why are these forums so slow? I worked hard making this look all nice with pixel art and all.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 12:09:32 pm »

Working on robots right now.
Pets, Monsters, Megabeasts, and Civilizations of robots.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 12:18:47 pm »

Mod threads seem to get lots and lots of views, but not many posts.

Is normal.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: [1] 2