Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

~ ( 0 ) ~ Sci Fi Mod ~ ( 0 ) ~

<< < (2/5) > >>

Shub-Nullgurath:

--- Quote from: DizzyCrash on April 03, 2017, 11:06:34 am ---Oh? If you can put together a 8'foot tall lizardman I can use you will save me a lot! of time. Bites, Kicks, Claws & Tail attacks are going to make a fairly versatile and fun fighter.
The Tauren are the most imposing and physically deadly so give em one hell of a bite!

--- End quote ---

If you've got a Discord, jump in the channel in my signature and we can chat about it in there.

DizzyCrash:
DF Forums are much slower than they were 6 years ago.

AceSV:
You can check out Komodos from Furry Fortress if you want a head start on reptiloids.  They've got claw and tail slaps.  Although I would call them Torren or Sauren or Zaurus or something, since Taurus means bull. 

Sci-Fi is kinda rare, but there have been several post apocalyptic mods over the years.  Maybe look up some of those for ideas. 

For languages, let me suggest searching for the DFLang tool, it's very useful. 

Guns are tricky.  If you don't want a civ to be able to build wooden plasma rifles at the bowyers workshop, you need to a make a custom reaction.  And as far as I know, any ranged weapon needs to shoot actual physical ammunition that falls to the ground after being fired, which is weird if it's something like a plasma bolt.  However, if you are on the frontier, you probably would have a weapon that can simply launch anything lying around at a deadly velocity.  (like a railgun, except that current railguns specifically need metal ammunition to work) 

(By the way, if you are an artist and desperate for something to do, I would love to have someone improve the artwork for Furry Fortress. 

DizzyCrash:
thank you for the help friend! I will be sure to look into what you have suggested.

So far iv completed all the main races. if somebody could whip together a reaction to prevent wooden guns it would be greatly helpful.

Dunamisdeos:
-missed the last post. snip-

I want to help, let me know how.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version