Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort) Grab the save!  (Read 30573 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Dwarven Fort (4 player Succession)
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 07:59:58 am »

Wanna use a site I have. I can just do the first year, then you guys can take the rest.
What site is it?

You know the standing lava tube I keep mentioning over and over again. That one, I am pretty sure it has flux and magma, with an unusual formation that is perfectly suited for shareing. I can just send over the save, as I currently lack the time for a turn.
Could we have a pick?

Of course I brought pickaxes.  ;)
Damn Puns... :P
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 07:36:59 pm »

Generated a "smaller" world and other than elephants this embark should be totally normal. We also have all the possible neighbors. Should I go with it?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 07:42:49 pm »

you the boss, boss.  is it 43.05 or 43.03?  GIMME!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2017, 07:45:25 pm »

you the boss, boss.  is it 43.05 or 43.03?  GIMME!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2017, 08:03:05 pm »

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 08:03:33 pm »

here i go!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 11:05:27 pm »

woot woot, here we go
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 11:11:12 pm »

15th Granite 250.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We have decided that, for the greater glory of all things dwarf, that we should dig forth a mighty stronghold here in the Brave Hills.  It’s a nice place, with a river, and a brave hill, some trees…  And apparently elephants.  Long has there been a blood feud between we dwarves and those bloodyminded four legged death machines.  I guess we’ll burn that elephant when we cross it.

Sent on this expedition are:
Zaz Q, a carpenter woodcutter.
Iton, a farmer tanner.
Imic, a mason.
Snow, a mechanic.
Thob, a miner.
Udil, a gemcutter architect.
Urvad, a brewer cook butcher.

I note the lack of an appraiser, and having only 1 miner is troublesome, but we do have 2 picks, so it looks like Udil gets to be a miner as well.

28th Felsite, 250.
A small outdoor area has been walled off with claystone blocks.  This should provide some scarce protection against the long-nosed menace.  A dormitory and depot have been constructed.

1st Hematite, 250. (2 days later)
THE DEAD WALK!  HIDE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!  An undead siege has come!  Oh wait, then it just left.  Suspicious.  I think it contained 1 undead goblin.

17th Hematite, 250
INTRUDERS!  Espu Abonla, Tick Man Necromancer has arrived, apparently looking for his undead that wandered by half a month ago.  He also immediately left.

17th Malachite, 250
5 migrants have arrived.  Outdoor farms have been designated to grow all sorts of random things.   farms have been designated.  Dedicated farmers Jane and Bon have been elected.

15th Limestone, 250
Caravan has arrived from Moldath Am.  Nestboxes have been created, and the eggs forbidden.  Hopefully we’ll get some baby turkey.  Working on some bedrooms.  Traded some random crap for 2 more picks.  We now have 4 miners named Rock, Stone, Dirt and Gravel.

2nd Sandstone, 250
AT LAST THE STONE STOCKPILE IS CONSTRUCTED!  YESSSSS!

28th Sandstone, 250.
Mason Imic has created an artifact limonite floodgate.

Spent the rest of the year gettings the farms to work, the turkey to hatch, and the stone stockpile to accept wheelbarrows.  Things look ok, but SUDDENLY...

01st Granite, 251.
Undead siege!, looks like a real one this time.  Lots of dwarves are still out getting wood, but the gates work, so you might not die.  Goodluck!  Also keep an eye on that guy with a mood claiming the craftshop in the woodworking area, don’t know if he’s got all he needs…

SAVE http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12807
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:13:52 pm by zazq »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 11:16:07 pm »

Got the Save, will do write up tomorrow, am gijng to sleep right now, been awhile since I've done a succession turn, this'll be good

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 01:03:24 am »

Awesome, it's actually really fun even though it's just a normal fortress. A design suggestion for the trap hallway is to have it just one block wide. Also, did you put fortifications on top of the wall, because creatures can and will climb walls?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:15:07 am by snow dwarf »

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2017, 10:36:11 am »

zombies climb 1z tall walls?  I played it forward a few days, and the siege is real and coming our way.  However, they are slow and ought to have no problems getting everyone inside and sealing the gates.  We might need to use a burrow to get everyone inside the gates.  If the zombies climb the walls, which i don't think they do, the inner gate will still keep them out, but we'll lose all the turkey, wood and farms.  Plus that refuse stockpile right there will provide a horde of baby turkey zombies.  that ought to be fun.  I'm really excited to see how this pans out. 

and here i thought 'normal fortress' was going to be normal...  That necromancer that just showed up is a different necromancer than the one that wandered by earlier.

Here's a map of the entire necromancer lineage.  Notice the badass wolf man necromancer down there.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:53:25 pm by zazq »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 10:46:20 pm »

zombies climb 1z tall walls?  I played it forward a few days, and the siege is real and coming our way.  However, they are slow and ought to have no problems getting everyone inside and sealing the gates.  We might need to use a burrow to get everyone inside the gates.  If the zombies climb the walls, which i don't think they do, the inner gate will still keep them out, but we'll lose all the turkey, wood and farms.  Plus that refuse stockpile right there will provide a horde of baby turkey zombies.  that ought to be fun.  I'm really excited to see how this pans out. 

and here i thought 'normal fortress' was going to be normal...  That necromancer that just showed up is a different necromancer than the one that wandered by earlier.

Here's a map of the entire necromancer lineage.  Notice the badass wolf man necromancer down there.
Damn, this must have taken a shit tone of time.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 05:51:29 pm »

SHUN! SHUN THE NONPLAYER!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 05:49:22 am »

Lightly bumps TheImmortalRyukan...

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 07:21:36 am »

Lightly bumps TheImmortalRyukan...

Wacks snow dwarf on the head

"Ay ay ay, I'm on it, I'm on it!"

secretly boots up save for first time

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19