Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort) Grab the save!  (Read 30566 times)

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, Werebears are !!fun!! (succession fort)
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2017, 05:38:28 pm »

Yes, I'm still around. Just playing a different succession game right now. I like to sit down with each game individually, so I don't screw anything up that I don't intend to.  :P
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2017, 07:21:04 pm »

Yes, I'm still around. Just playing a different succession game right now. I like to sit down with each game individually, so I don't screw anything up that I don't intend to.  :P
Zazq/snow that's your que to start.
Kingawsume can join in further down the line

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2017, 11:47:25 pm »

I'm chiming in to say that this was a fun thread to read..  Sounds like you are all having fun!
Can't wait to see more!
Thank you. This successionmight  be small, but because there is no true pressure we can just play and enjoy DF.

Zazq/snow that's your que to start.
Kingawsume can join in further down the line

If zazq doesn't claim the save bluephonix can have a go.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2017, 10:54:34 am »

claimed.

I don't remember what's going on in this fortress at all...  But apparently we have a surface fort.

No not again!  NO MORE DEAD DAVES!  Ug fine.

But really? A fort?  That’s not what a dwarf needs.  A dwarf needs magma furnaces.  A dwarf needs steel battleaxes encrusted with gems.  That’s what i’ll work on.  A magma forging complex has been designated deep down on layer -91.

MY LIBRARY FLOURISHES!  I’ve got 28 books!  I’m so happy.

Wait, it is now autumn?!  MY HOW TIME FLIES WHEN YOU HAVE 28 BOOKS.  Oops i apparently don’t know how to channel magma.  Miner Bebop took a lavabath.  Yet another cavern forgotten beast has appeared.  We’re ignoring it for now.

New magma forging complex is now online.  Ore is automatically vacuumed up by the quantum ore stockpile.  From there the smelters turn it into bars, which are deposited into the quantum bar stockpile.  Finally, the magma forges can turn those bars into needed goods. The wood powered forge area has been removed.

Programmed Work Orders for forge area:
Smelt 10 hematite if we have less than 200 iron bars.
Burn 10 wood if we have less than 200 charcoal.
Make 10 pig iron if we have less than 100.
Make 10 steel if we have less than 100.

And it works!  We are successfully producing steel bars.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:50:03 pm by zazq »

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2017, 04:35:09 pm »

apparently i'm going to california for reasons beyond me control or understanding.  I'll be back 3 days from now.  Either move on to the next person using the previous save or expect no content from me for the next 3-4 days. 

sorry.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2017, 05:51:09 pm »

Well, you've made too much progress to be left out and there's nobody else to pick so we'll just wait 3 - 4 days for you to finish the year.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »

Well, you've made too much progress to be left out and there's nobody else to pick so we'll just wait 3 - 4 days for you to finish the year.
Agreed
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2017, 09:54:26 pm »

fell into a freezing river and broke my rib.
trip successful.

DFHack destroyed about 5000 useless objects to reduce lag. Designated about 2/3rd of our useless horses, cats and dogs and stuff for slaughter.  DFHack Exterminated the horde of human poets cluttering up our tavern.

I was unhappy with the therapist labors that I’d set up before, so now they are all changed.  We have “Ace” dwarves, usually with a nickname telling you what they do, such as our legendary growers Farmer John and Farmer Jane.  Then there are “Mook” dwarves, who pick up all the million other tasks in the fortress.  Finally there is “Wardwarf”, which also includes are horde of human military mercenaries. 

We have 30 wardwarves in 3 squads.  Junk Brigade, lead by Commander Junk, Zefer’s Spindles, led by Zefer McDwarfpants, and Team Beta, lead by Beta.  All of them are using the ‘metal armor’ uniform, and i hope to get them set up and happily training.  We’ll see.  I’ve never been very good at getting dwarves to wear armor.

Organized our hotkey locations as well:
F1: Surface (layer 00)
F2: Housing (layer -8)
F3: Barracks (layer -12)
F4: Well (layer -79)
F5: Cavern Access (layer -83)
F6: Smelters (layer -91)

It is now spring.

When i opened the doors another horde of human bards swarmed in and occupied our tavern.  God damn humans.  One of our Wardwarves, named Lead Zeppelin, was fascinated after learning about biting.

The junk stockpile has been quantum’d, but the old one remains so that they can get everything out of it first.  MORE MIGRANTS OH GOD.  Fortress has 168 population.  That’s about 100 too many for my tastes.  Maybe i should kill them all… hmmm

The forging has been going nicely.  We have 20 full sets of steel armor, and the the auto-workorders should keep us in supply of steel for whatever else we need.  That’s about it!

It is now summer (i got it during the summer, so that's 1 year!)

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12973

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2017, 04:10:39 pm »

good job zazq, ok Snowdwarf/Blue phoenix/someone else, the ball is in your court

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2017, 10:40:49 pm »

Bluephonix can take it, if I still have time before my trip, I will take it next.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2017, 06:00:52 pm »

Can't take it at the moment, I'm working a lot more than usual lately.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2017, 12:09:08 am »

Can't take it at the moment, I'm working a lot more than usual lately.
I'm gonna take it then.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2017, 06:03:54 am »

Got the Save, the FPS is around 25.

First update:
I managed to kill a forgotten beast stranded in the caverns and I'm making soap for future mega-projects. A bar fight broke out and around 5 dwarfs died including our military. I'm starting work on a !!giant statue!!. Are copper blocks dwarfy enough, or should it be made fully out of bars?

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2017, 06:59:16 am »

Got the Save, the FPS is around 25.

First update:
I managed to kill a forgotten beast stranded in the caverns and I'm making soap for future mega-projects. A bar fight broke out and around 5 dwarfs died including our military. I'm starting work on a !!giant statue!!. Are copper blocks dwarfy enough, or should it be made fully out of bars?
Any named dorfs died in the fight?
And sure, but I think we have a ton of electrum if you want to be even dwarfier

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2017, 12:10:09 pm »

Next update:
Had a few forgotten beasts and a roc pop around. Killed them all.
 Started building the statue from electrum. I'm not accepting petitions for citizenship anymore. The biggest update is hell being released by mistake. I managed to block it off though before anything bad happened. Migrants came. Fps is down to 15.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19