Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort) Grab the save!  (Read 30562 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, Werebears are !!fun!! (succession fort)
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2017, 01:58:39 am »

The feet of the colossus are finished and we had to deconstruct a part of the road so that we can build a staircase for the construction of the body. We've still got 600 electrum bars, but I'm also gonna use some copper. Our wardwarfs have started naming their weapons. We had an artifact crundle bone earring happen.
Edit:
One of the dwarfs who named their weapon is actually Alpha. You called it Taxedtrite.

Spoiler: Dat Face (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:59:39 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2017, 02:21:21 am »

A snow storm came, but we are still building the statue. Hopefully, we can at least get started on the construction of the torso this year.
Another artifact happened
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's almost spring and we managed to clean up the current part of the statue for simple building next time I'm the overseer.

A weretortoise came and managed to bite a mook, but I can't find them. We will have a problem sometime soon.

That's some amazing roast right there:

I found a colony of bumblebees in the middle of a lake. As a beekeeper, I have to say that I wish that there was a way to save those poor creatures.

We've been creating quires for future books and there are quite a few talented dwarfs out there.

The infected dwarf has been struck down, I think without infecting anyone, but be careful.

Spring is here! My reign is over.
Sorry that I forgot to give you a look at the half finished !!Colossus of Silverbrushes!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:43:38 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2017, 05:57:39 am »

I had a lot of fun constructing the colossus, but please do not touch him. I also took care of some other stuffs. There might be a hidden weretortoise among our people so be careful. I took care of some other industries including smelting electrum and brass bars. As I said before, the hell has been released but if you don't mess with them, there won't be a problem. Weaponizing them might be a future goal, but please be careful if you do so.

It's Alpha's turn.
save

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2017, 02:57:31 pm »

Thanks snow dwarf, i'll get started on it tomorrow, i'm juggling fortresses and work right now so I can't garentee I can work on it every day.
i'll actually try to get something done this time too.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2017, 05:26:09 pm »

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2017, 05:38:57 pm »

Spring:

1st of Granite: Jesus there's 181 dorfs and a metric ton of demons. The lag is truly real.
2nd of Granite: Ok fam, I've finally put all these humans we have to good use, I've made merc squads 1 and 2, and when we attack the legions of hell sometime this year, we'll use them as cannon fodder.
(if anyone has any issue with that, please let me know)

well, that was the plan before:

these guys rolled in, guess we have bigger problems now.
4th of Granite: VICTORY!
we lost 7 dwarfs in the fight (mostly mercs) but no named dwarfs died. still, at least some of the lag is gone.
14th of Granite: I've decided to build the monarch's quarters. Because I want to make our fortress the mountain homes it deserves to be. Beginning production of electrum furniture.
19th of Granite: Why the hell do we have so little weapons? Seriously fam, why so little? That has to change now because jesus Christ, I only just found out now that most of our army marched out to kill the goblins unarmed because we have so little of anything. No wonder we took so many losses.
25th of Granite: WARETOTRIOSE ALERT

2 of them. I'm preparing for major casualties
26th of Granite: Both waretortoises are dead but 3 dwarfs are dead and a lot are bitten. I've set up a prison spare hospital to "Keep" them in.
Unfortunatly, "snow" was bitten. so I've had to contain him too.
Sorry buddy, you get to be one of our new pets now.
Waretortoises are fun??
14th of Slate: Weapon production is finally coming along, now our militia can fight with stuff that isn't our fists
24th of Slate: I missed a waretortoise....
It turned and murdered a human poet and "Smith the Black".
But wait... There's more...
Out of last months turning, 2 out of the 5 bite victims didn't turn... one being Snow.
He fought bravely (one of the tortoises he fought bled to death after it ripped him apart) but he was overwhelmed. Out of the 3 tortoises, one is still alive and encaved. You can do whatever you want with that one.
2 more tortoises have been contained in a separate cell, along with a turkey.
28th of Slate:

This was made by Sting, our new militia captain
6th of Felsite: I'm commencing operation "make a metric ton of adamantine weapons and wreak hell". I'm feeling optimistic  :D
8th of Felsite:

Finally, some action! If we can't kill this then we stand no chance against the demons
10th of Felsite: The worm died by our axdwarf "tribute" practically blowing on it. Note to all FB's, don't keep your brain hidden in your only targetable body part.

and with that, i'm finishing for today. Sorry, but it's my day off and It took me 8 hours to finish the season due to lag and my terrible computer. I'll try to finish the year but it probably won't be soon.

Also sorry for getting snow killed, he went out like a badass  :'(

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2017, 06:16:51 pm »

Summer:

15th of Felsite: I read up on some tips for dealing with warebeast invasions, apparently, a bunch of the poets are infected, so I murdered every poet with so much as a scratch on them. Hopefully we'll have no more waretortoises, except the ones that are contained.
21st of Felsite: Horray! No more waretortoises! The only remaining ones are contained within some sealed rooms. Now to get some stuff done.
13th of Hematite:

:D
15th of Hematite: The humans are here

It warms my heart to see them use the road
19th of Hematite: Bought a ton of useful stuff, mostly food and cloth but with electrum good's production back up and running, we should still have plenty of things to sell for next season (and yes, we're still making electrum bars, we have 983 of them in fact)
25th of Hematite:

This guy arrived, whatever though, we can take him.
27th of Hematite: Beast is dead, Killed by "Pretender" our spearmaster.
1st of Malachite:

Oh yea baby
9th of Malachite: migrants, we have:
1 x Stoneworker
1 x woodcrafter
1 x Beekeeper
1 x Mason
1 x Glazer
1 x Engraver
1 x Woodcutter
1 x Bone carver
Total dwarfs are at 169. A dip from when we started but we're beginning to recover at least.

I'll continue with the fortress tomorrow, it's difficult with the lag but i'll get as much done as possible.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:08:32 pm by Alpha Loves You »

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2017, 11:28:50 pm »

the lag is primarily resulting from all those demons running around down there right?
we could just dfhack em

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2017, 08:54:29 am »

the lag is primarily resulting from all those demons running around down there right?
we could just dfhack em
I actually don't think it is, cause the fps didn't drop at all when I opened hell.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2017, 07:51:47 pm »

Summer and Autumn:

15th of Malachite: I think what we need is a cool room made of glass. I think clear glass is the most dwarfy so i'll be starting our potash industry now, we have enough soap to last us for decades, unless we want a soap room.
22nd of Malachite: I had no idea that every one of my rutherers were gay. We've had no babies for years, rip future rutherers  :'(
24th of Malachite: Our tortoise guard, BEAST and SCARY MONSTER can no longer train due to one of them smashing the weapon rack and breaking the room. Thankfully they're well trained and still contained, so it'll have to do.
2nd of Galena: Captured another Jabberer, unfortunately another female so we won't be having any jabberer chicks soon.
18th of Galena:
  :o
GHOST WARETORTOISES!!!
Glass production is doing ok though, I've decided to build greenhouses to make Zazq's outside images a bit more full
26th of Galena:

Our mook, Moby Dick made this when he should have been helping with the greenhouses. I'm tempted to feed him to the tortoise guard over it but it is worth £80400, i'll keep him alive for now.
Also Zaz quill wrote a book

Better luck next time?
7th of Limestone: I've added a bunch of wasteful charcoal kilm's and glass furnaces, i'll destroy them soon but for now, I need to step up production.
10th of Limestone:

Oh no....
BLOCK THE TUNNELS!!!
11th of Limestone: Ok, crisis averted, we blocked off Amas oridash in the tunnels. Hopefully he can go and get himself killed down there, no way am I sending my dwarves to kill a gem monster with a web attack.
13th of Limestone: Our dwarven trader friends are here, lets see what they brought.
18th of Limestone: I practically bought out the traders. Electrum is the best.

Ok fam, big things planned for tomorrow, stay tuned

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2017, 06:32:25 pm »

I WROTE A BOOK!
this has never happened before in any community game ever.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2017, 06:53:38 pm »

Hi fam, sorry you won't be getting an day to day update on whats been going on. what was supposed to happen was us massacring demons and breaking into hell, and it was almost going ok until my computer crashed from the lag. which is why I've lost all the entries I wrote.  :'(
Thankfully, not much has really happened. The dwarves left with enough tribute to make us the mountain homes, the rooms are already set up for the monarch so that'll be good hopefully.
Chef cookie made this nightmare

The FB underground has been massacring blind cave orge's for months so we might attack him soon and finish him off.
And our greenhouse production is going ok, if a little slow for my liking.
Our adamantine production is going great, we have 2 of each useful weapon (swords, axes and spears) and 17 spare wafers so I've stopped all production so everyone else can get some use in. We have 63 spare boulders if we use up that anyway.
That aside, nothing much has happened, I want to finish off the greenhouse as much as I can, so i'll be busy tomorrow finishing off everything that remains.
I won't be attacking hell again though, besides the risk of destroying the fortress, I don't fancy my computer crashing again and loosing all my progress so if anyone wants to give that a go with a better computer, feel free. I have Dfhacked a few into history just to lessen the lag and that's worked so far, so thanks for the suggestion there zazq.
The last update will come tomorrow, see you then

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2017, 06:30:15 pm »

Winter:

11th of Moonstone:

Rutherer respect +1
20th of Moonstone: The FB was killed by this handsome gentleman

27th of Moonstone: Progress on the greenhouse roof is going ok, i'm just sad that it's nothing compared to the electrum dwarf we have outside. Note to self, glass is annoying to make.
26th of Opal: Running out of gold boulders for electrum, going to have to open the caverns again

also this guy arrived:

27th of Opal: Cyclops is dead, unfortunately it killed 2 dwarves before we took it out. Thankfully they were 2 nobodies, but still  :'(
3rd of Obsidian:

Really?
5 days later, really?
5th of Obsidian: Knowing how dangerous poison gas can be, I only sent out 2 humans to kill the FB. Turns out it was enough as they returned with only a scabby elbow between them.
12th of Obsidian: I've had to cut a few corners but only 7 blocks remaining with the greenhouse project. Between this and the swarms of megabeasts this year, I feel like I've actually done something.
18th of Obsidian: The greenhouse is finished, it looks pretty boring now but I intend to improve it when I return to the fortress eventually. Time to pack up and remove the new workshops, they're just taking up space right now.
20th of Obsidian: Ok, everything's cleared up, greenhouse is finished, lye production is back on and everyone is safe. Guess my work here is done and i'll be finishing a few days early.
Here's our stats:

And here's the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12990

Thanks fam, I can't wait to see where the fort will go from here

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2017, 02:37:51 pm »

who's turn is it?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2017, 07:00:58 pm »

who's turn is it?
If you can take it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19