Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort) Grab the save!  (Read 30314 times)

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, Werebears are !!fun!! (succession fort)
« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2017, 09:42:55 pm »

who's turn is it?
If you can take it.
what about bluepheonix or that other person?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 03, 2017, 10:25:35 pm »

who's turn is it?
If you can take it.
what about bluepheonix or that other person?
Bluephonix will go after zazq and the other person isn't around bay12 anymore (i should probably delete him from the list)
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2017, 10:27:03 pm »

save claimed.

Simple Fort Teyo Vutheni 133
Its late winter.  There are 172 dwarves.  There are at least 2 weretortoises. 11fps is unplayable.
Exterminated 65 animals, 30 demons and 105 humans, some of which were fortress members.
Slew 48 dwarves (the useless ones), destroyed 8483 objects, cleaned everything, did a revflood.
Fortress population: 100.  22fps, and that’s doable. 

It is now spring.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:41:40 pm by zazq »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2017, 03:53:27 am »

Fps is the current problem, but once the new version comes around, we will start a new fort.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 06, 2017, 10:30:03 pm »

this fortress isn't fun and laggy as hell.  i regret genning the world the way i did.  I've learned a lot about lag management since then.  we should start a new one.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2017, 12:03:49 am »

this fortress isn't fun and laggy as hell.  i regret genning the world the way i did.  I've learned a lot about lag management since then.  we should start a new one.
I would wait for the other guys before we make this decision, but I personally would wait till the update, cause we're gonna need to gen a new world then anyway.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2017, 03:17:37 am »

It depends on how long the new update will take. If it's a couple of months then we may as well get a few turns in. If it's next month or something then we maybe should retire the fortress due to lag related reasons.
I'd be lying if I said that playing a full year wasn't pure agony. Should we make another fortress in the same world?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 03:28:34 am by Alpha Loves You »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2017, 04:19:12 am »

Should we make another fortress in the same world?
Sure

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2017, 04:56:31 am »

OK then, I have a plan.
Because I elected us to become the mountain homes, and I'd like that to happen before we retire the fortress, I should play one more season until the monarch arrives, document it and then send the world to snow dwarf so he/she can decide where we settle next.
Good idea?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2017, 12:30:38 am »

OK then, I have a plan.
Because I elected us to become the mountain homes, and I'd like that to happen before we retire the fortress, I should play one more season until the monarch arrives, document it and then send the world to snow dwarf so he/she can decide where we settle next.
Good idea?
Great, other than the fact that I'm away from home for another month and won't be able to decide, cause I'm basically to lazy to download df on my super tiny, traveling laptop.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2017, 04:27:05 pm »

Ok fam, i'm ready to finish the final season tomorrow, do you want me or zazq to decide the settlement location and do we want any challenges just so we don't become OP like we have in this one?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2017, 01:00:45 am »

Ok fam, i'm ready to finish the final season tomorrow, do you want me or zazq to decide the settlement location and do we want any challenges just so we don't become OP like we have in this one?
I would prefer it to have no aquifer but maybe untamed wilds (?). Any not too extreme challenges are always fun. Maybe we should also set a citizen cap or whatever it was called...

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2017, 05:24:57 pm »

Final season :(

5th of Granite:

This pretty thing was made. I guess it's pretty cool
17th of Granite: We captured a bunch of Crundles, so I set them free outside the fortress for the lulz. Turns out they don't last long against woodcutter dwarves.
26th of Granite:

:o
20th of Slate: Our monarch has arrived, lets properly indroduce them and then our work on the fortress is done.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And with that, our fortress comes to an end. I have to say fam, I am feeling pretty emotional about retiring this place, It was the first succession fort I ever played and it's taught me a lot. I wish we could have kept it going but we were running out of things to do and all good things must come to an end. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did and it'd be really fun to play with you all again.
For the final time, here's our stats:

Thanks for the ride guys, it's been really fun  :)

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, the end (succession fort)
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2017, 05:06:29 am »

OK fam, ready to start the new fortress, should it be in a new thread or will this one do, due to "the end" being written in the title
I have some idea's for fortress challenges too but if you lot have any, let me know.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, the end (succession fort)
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2017, 05:13:32 am »

OK fam, ready to start the new fortress, should it be in a new thread or will this one do, due to "the end" being written in the title
I have some idea's for fortress challenges too but if you lot have any, let me know.
I would do something but I'm really not feeling well, so it's all up to you.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19