Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort) Grab the save!  (Read 30317 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Dwarven Fort (4 player Succession)
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2017, 04:19:08 am »

Lightly bumps TheImmortalRyukan...

Wacks snow dwarf on the head

"Ay ay ay, I'm on it, I'm on it!"

secretly boots up save for first time
Whacks him back and pulls by his beared. How's it going?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2017, 09:47:51 am »

On summer still, work has been tiresome this week. I'll get it done
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2017, 04:34:49 pm »

how'd the zombie siege pan out?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 09:26:24 pm »

Okay, gonna level with ya, I have been unbelievably busy this past week, I kept hoping it would lighten up, but with this week's schedule released,I can not see how I would be able to finish, or start, the save. I haven't even opened it yet. Sorry
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 11:23:49 pm »

Okay, gonna level with ya, I have been unbelievably busy this past week, I kept hoping it would lighten up, but with this week's schedule released,I can not see how I would be able to finish, or start, the save. I haven't even opened it yet. Sorry
Sure, I will take the save and play during the weekend, starting Friday.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2017, 08:49:11 pm »

My first thoughts: oh this should be a nice playthrough
-undead siege arrives-
Wellp, guess it's candy mountain all over again.

SHUN! SHUN THE NONPLAYER!

I like the reference.

On a side note I'll be watching this thread. And are you guys doing dwarfings? I'm assuming it isn't just a 4 year fort and you'll be cycling the list?
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2017, 10:34:39 pm »

-undead siege arrives-

I like the reference.

On a side note I'll be watching this thread. And are you guys doing dwarfings? I'm assuming it isn't just a 4 year fort and you'll be cycling the list?
We will be cycling and are accepting dorfings.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2017, 07:09:52 am »

-undead siege arrives-

I like the reference.

We will be cycling and are accepting dorfings.

Awesome. In that case I'd like a dwarf named Tazz. Military commander would be preferable, and if when I die just redorf me as another member of the military. Axe is preferred.
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2017, 03:32:05 pm »

come on were's the game!  why isn't it my turn again yet?  I DEMAND ZOMBIE BLOOD!

Actually, i demand more lore inducing events so that i can trudge through legends viewer and uncover the long and varied histories of our world.  I mean we have a wolf man necromancer that's totally going to show up at the fortress some day, and i want to see that.  I WANT HIS HEAD!  A TALKING BITING WOLF MAN NECROMANCER ZOMBIE HEAD!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:33:43 pm by zazq »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2017, 08:47:44 pm »

The tale of the mechanic

My name is Snow, I'm a mechanic of the Hamlet ((It says we are actually a hamlet)) Konadurist - Banddaggers.
It's 11th Slate (Mid-spring) 251 that I'm writing this. We are under siege and we might soon die.
We thought the walls would keep them out, but it was the foolish young dwarfs who brought them onto us. They started climbing over the walls to prove their bravery and kill a few of them. They could have helped with making mechanisms for traps that would kill the undead, but no. They had to go kill them themselve. Once they brought the zombies close enough to our defenses, the undead started jumping off the walls into the fort. Arrows started flying and I decided to call everyone inside. In the chaos nobody cared that I'm just a mechanic. In this situation I was declared the overseer.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:50:30 pm by snow dwarf »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2017, 09:04:02 pm »

Chapter 1 - The Berserker

Only two undead jumped over the walls, but it was enough. We ran into the fortress and I shouted to close the gate, but that's when he came. Rage could be seen in his eyes. The dwarf with a strange mood went berserk. He started beating everyone trying to get into the fortress. I was inside the fortress already when this happened so I decided to pull the lever to the gate. I run around all the corpses and fighting dwarfs and finally reached it. It wasn't however before the two undead got into the fort and slaughtered most of our population. We are down to 8 dwarfs: Zazq, Imic, a miner, two farmers, me and a child.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:05:50 pm by snow dwarf »

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 09:06:32 pm »

lol 'normal' fort

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2017, 09:19:09 pm »

Chapter 2 - Last Dwarf alive

I'm alone, everyone is dead. I managed to build a wall that secures the part of fortress with food for me, while the single goblin corpse killed everything. I'm alone...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:23:14 pm by snow dwarf »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2017, 09:25:14 pm »

lol 'normal' fort
How does dwarf fortress manage to go down badly so fast. The dwarf went berserk at the worst time possible...

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 11:46:35 pm »

Chapter 3 - I found them

A few days passed by from the cataclysm until on 16th of Felsite, I found them. Zazq and Imic were walking around the fort. They told me they were looking for me and any other possible survivors. They took me to, what seemed like our new meeting hall. There were two other dwarfs there. One of them is gonna die soon from his wounds. The situation looks grim, but together we can survive.
-End of Spring
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19