Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort) Grab the save!  (Read 30312 times)

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, the end (succession fort)
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2017, 11:47:29 pm »

Hey, just wanted to drop in and say I'd like to take part in the new fortress whenever it starts up. Thanks!
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, the end (succession fort)
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2017, 11:01:47 am »

Ok fam, settlement time.

Since it was left up to me, i've decided on our new settlement location and the challenges we'll be facing.
I hope you'll all be ok with this location to give us some challenge:

No aquifier, untamed wilds and all the metal and flux we could ever want, with no human Nabors, it's perfect.
Time to settle!

1st of Granite:
we begin our story in the frozen south with no tree's, water source or hope of survival, but here we are, time to get digging.
24th of Hematite: ok, the shell of our fortress is carved out and we have a decent crafting station set up, as well as a farming area.
6th of Malachite: our first migrants and who should arrive first? But our old friend Corset. Here's who else we got:
1 x Child
1 x Engraver
1 x Woodcutter
2 x Farmers
1 x Bowyer
From 7 to 14, a decent expansion
12th of Gelena: I've created an inn, in all but name at least to stop the peots from swarming.
25th of Gelena: Our farms are bearing fruit, which is good for us, more booze.
5th of Limestone:

Dear god...
17th of Limestone: The dwarven Caravan is here, lets hope they don't explode...
19th of Limestone: we ordered Food, Animals, Booze, Metal and WOOD, LOTS OF WOOD. I garentee we'll need it.
23rd of Limestone: The merchants were being massive assholes over good but thankfully we were able to get a ton of Booze, meat, weapons and wood, so that's something at least.
17th of Sandstone: I've made our first militia group. They're only 2 dwarves strong right now but... At least they have bronze weapons
28th of Sandstone: I have de-selected the inn because I have set up some sweet honeymoon rooms for our dwarves to hook up in.

1st of Timber: More migrants:
1 x Yesline  :D
2 x Craftdwarfs
4 x Yesline's kids  >:(
1 x Miner
1 x Glazer
2 x Metalcrafters
1 x Mason Knob
1 x Animal Trainer
1 x Azreal
A bunch of familiar faces, 28 dwarves in total
1st of Moonstone: a kid grew up. Finally, 13 years of patience has finally born fruit.
1st of Opal: Zuntir decides that it would be great to build an artefact completely out of wood. We have 3 wood, he wants more then that. He can go screw himself.
7th of Opal:

Yay
16th of Obsidian: Zuntir finally went insane, good, he deserved it, useless dumbass.
28th of Obsidian: and just like that, the year is over. The map is built on a 2x2 area so hopefully we can cut down on the lag this time. I'm also deciding that we will only have a maximum of 80 dwarves in this fortress, children not included, just to keep the lag down.
here's our Stats:

And here's the save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13014

Have fun whoever's next!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:12:03 pm by Alpha Loves You »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: "Simple" Dwarven Fort, It's cold here (succession fort)
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2017, 01:00:31 pm »

I'm not sure who's still in, so whoever grabs the save is gonna be added to the player list.

It's really fun to see this go. Thanks Alpha.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 02:28:34 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

Hey, just wanted to drop in and say I'd like to take part in the new fortress whenever it starts up. Thanks!
Do you want to take the save 9Joseph9?

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I'll take it as soon as I get home tomorrow. Thanks!

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just got home, ill grab the save now and start my year.

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finished the year, and I'm ready to put the save up. However, DFFD hasn't sent me any email to activate my account yet. Are there any hosting sites I could use in the mean time? As I don't want to keep anyone waiting.

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nevermind, I'll just use mega. Here's the save.

https://mega.nz/#F!oqIkCIpR!cOAI7ilnlMDMSbqIHI5aqg

Ok, Here we go.

Obsidian 28th: First thing's first, I don't like this face here. It creeps me out. And we can always use more stone. I've noticed we're lacking in plumphelmet spawn, so I think it's time to find the first cavern. Hopefully we'll get plenty of plants and wood, and no uninvited guests.

Granite 1st: And so starts my year, officially. I've given the military a more rigerous training schedule. They'll train 24/7, 10 months out of the year. They'll have Malachite and Gelena off. I'll have to create a reserve squad to fill in their place on those months at some point. Maybe when the next migrant wave comes.

Granite 8th: The dogs have been trained and are ready for war. I've assigned them each to our two best soldiers to protect.

Granite 14th: I told the dwarves to start smoothing out the floors and walls and make everything look nice.

Granite 17th: The elves have arrived. Let's hope they have some grown logs.

Granite 17th: Wood galore! I also bought a giant snapping turtle.

Slate 4th: Not enought barrels to hold all our alchohol!

Slate 21st: The crazed dwarf Zuntir has gone missing. A coffin has been built and a crypt is under construction.

Felsite 3rd: So it turns out Zuntir has just been lying dead in a hallway that nobody happens to walk down, as he is still "missing". I've told the military to station there so they can "find" him.

Felsite 22nd: A cavern has been uncovered. It has trees, now we're cooking with magma, boys!

Malachite 17th: A wererat has arrived. Fortunately I was able to lock the hatch cover before he could enter the fortress. Unfortunately he escaped after I sent the militia to go kill him in his human form. He killed our legendary planter. The food supplies will suffer, I fear.

Galena 17th: So I made a mistake. A dwarf was infected with the werevirus. Luckily, he was alone in the hospital when he transformed. The room has been walled in and a new hospital has been dug out. I'll just leave him in there to draw stuff on the walls.

Galena 27th: Some polarbear women have shown up on the surface, they seem friendly. I've built a cage trap in the hopes that one of them will be captured and can be put on display in the dining hall.

Limestone 16th: The trade caravan from home has arrived. I was able to buy all their wood and metal, along with two dogs who will be trained for war.

Obsidian 7th: Another werebeast came. Moniter lizard this time. He killed three dwarves on the surface before fleeing. The drawbridge was shut in time, though. So nobody else was hurt. One of the dwarves happened to be standing on the bridge when it shut, so he was flung into the air before being immediately destroyed by the werebeast. I feel sorry for him.

Granite 2nd: So the year is over. The fortress is under siege, but I'll let the next guy deal with that. I set up a defense system in the cavern, though. So should anything that the military can't handle come up from below, there is a lever that will shut the hall way leading from the caves to the fort. There is also a ballista down there that can be used to kill whatever is so dangerous.

So in total, nine dwarves died during my stay as overseer, I never did get to capture a polarbear woman, there is no water so anybody who is even slightly injured will be doomed to die of thirst, and the fortress in under siege.

But on the bright side, the militia captain has a cool suit of steel armor, we have a badass ballista, a pet snapping turtle, and we shouldn't be too bad on wood now that a cavern has been uncovered.

I'd say is was a good year overall.

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, and here's the status at the end of the year.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

How come no migrants arrived? we should be getting loads

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't know, the outpost liaison didn't bring any news about the mother civ. Maybe it has something to do with the siege that showed up? I'll go into legends and see what I can find.

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I figured it out...

So I've been playing a 7 dwarf fortress, and when I took the save I forgot to change my init file so the population cap was back to normal while I played the fortress. My bad.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

I figured it out...

So I've been playing a 7 dwarf fortress, and when I took the save I forgot to change my init file so the population cap was back to normal while I played the fortress. My bad.
Thought so, well, nothing to be done about it now, who's playing next?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

If nobody takes the save, go ahead. I'm still not back... Sorry
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Alpha Loves You

• Bay Watcher
  • I've marked a border
    • View Profile

If the fortress isn't picked up by Wednesday, I'll grab it and see if I can salvage it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19