Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: (SG) You are a forgotten beast!  (Read 7243 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
(SG) You are a forgotten beast!
« on: April 01, 2017, 03:48:29 pm »

Finally. After eons of searching, you have found it.
A tunnel to the surface. You have been trapped in the caverns for so long, you don't even remember your name.
Finally, you are free from the darkness that you have dwelt in. Finally you are free to see sunlight, drink fresh river water, eat whatever game you wish, look at the clouds an-
But what's this? smoke in the distance, lights inside wooden structures. Villages litter the previously beautiful landscape.
The surface races have pollutated the surface since your banishment to the caverns, decimated the forests, and ruined the mountains. You remember a time when they were not so numerous,
and you remember it well. several millenia ago you were created along with six others, to guard a shrine that contained a piece of the artifact of power.
The artifact was in sevenths, each shrine contained a shard. whoever united the shards would be unstoppable. so you guarded the shrine with your life. for years. Adventurers came and went.
Some preferred to examine the shrine from a distance, Others wished the shard for themselves, and they quickly became delicious snacks for you.
But one day you felt your cousins dying. One by one their connection with you was severed. and as the strongest of the forgotten beasts, you were confronted last by their murderers.
You saw their party of sixteen approaching. six wizards, ten champions. Knowing your cousins were all dead, you created a decoy out of trees, grass and moss.

Their champions entered the shrine with their weapons drawn, and assumed you were asleep. Little did they know you were right above them, waiting for the chance to strike.
The wizards entered the shrine and began whispering to one another. then they drew wands and pointed them at the decoy. There was a blinding flash of light, and the decoy was replaced by a pile of ash.
That's when you struck. Landing on a wizard from above, you clamped down on his head. Dropping him you then leapt onto another, before the champions could react, you had killed all the wizards.
Except one. Sivazi the great, an elf wizard. He saw you coming and jumped out of the way, behind the champions. Without his comrades to aid him, he was unable to cast the powerful spell of destruction.
The champions of the three races began fighting you, and he cast the spell of banishment, using up his life essence, and forcing you into the deepest darkest pit of the earth.

But that's the past, this is the present. You must deal with this blight that has surfaced in your absence.
What is your name?
What is your appearance? (I.E. A giant iguana, a blob. etc... must be fleshy though.)
What is your special ability? (I.E. Poisonious gas, Fire breath. Hunger for warm blood. etc... Nothing too powerful like massive explosions.)

Spoiler: Gm note (click to show/hide)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) You are a forgotten beast!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 04:31:52 pm »

What is your name? We are Kisat Urn-Blade of the Girded Irons.

What is your appearance? We take the form of a chimeric algamation of creatures. Our body is as a Dragonfly's, though in place of its appendages we have a multitude of skittering Centipede's legs, and a pair of large bladed Crab's pincers are our foremost limbs. We have the head of an Armadillo, though we have a pair of antennae, three Cat's eyes and a pair of fearsome Ant's mandibles in place of a jaw.

What is your special ability? We are coated with a viscous slime that allows us to escape all but the strongest grasp, against our chitinous, slimy form all but the truest of arrows slide off as rain against the stone and the hottest of flames are extinguished as if they came against the ocean. We produce great quantities of this slime and leave it everywhere we go, if it is consumed by mortals their eyes will be opened to the maddening, unspeakable truth of reality, and they will never be the same. If we wish, we are able to use our pincers to fling slime with unerring accuracy.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »

It's OK that this isn't DF-esque, right?

Name: Felzidae Pesuin, the King of Claws.

Appearance: A giant, six-legged lion, the middle pair of legs being long enough to reach in front of us. The frontmost legs end in large curved claws that bear another set of retractible, sharper claws beneath them. The hide turns to a blackish grey from the collarbone down, while the oversized mane bears a dirty red hue above it.

Special ability: Felzidae's mere presence invokes a feral nature in man and animal alike, and while the civilized can resist it, mammals fall under its sway rather quickly. Those under his influence become obedient of the King, though losing all but a primal, feral intelligence, and with extended time in his presence, grow bestial features, usually claw-first, until they are a beastly form that conceals the bare form they once were. The civilized are rather resistant to these effects, but a single wound can be enough to make a man reveal the wild nature he hid so many millennia ago.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 07:09:22 pm »

Name: ☼cave Spider Silk Sock☼
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:23:57 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 07:31:17 pm »

PTW!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 08:03:36 pm »

Name: Epo

Appearance: A huge feathered python. It has large mandibles and undulates rhythmically. Its black feathers are long and narrow.

Special ability: Beware its fire! Epo can breath a fireball that, while not looking very powerful, is as hot as dragonfire. However, Epo can only fire up to five fireballs until he needs to stop and let his fire build up again.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 08:17:44 pm »

Name: Rogknok

Appearance: You are a giant monsterous gorilla. You have long enhancing tusks. Instead of arms, you have six powerful tentacles. Your fur is a dark red, almost black in color. Your eyes glow purple in the dark.

Special ability: Rapid regeneration. Moments after being injured you begin to heal rapidly. Within a few more moments after that, you've healed fully. If someone is to slay you, they must do it quickly.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 10:28:47 pm »

You are Kisat Pesuin the Silk Epo Rogknok.
And you look like a mixture of several creatures, You have six massive feline legs, with the middle pair being long enough to reach in front of you. Your left rear leg has a ☼Large Cave Spider Silk Sock☼ equipped on it.
You have a giant dragonfly's abdomen covered in dark red fur, and a pair of large, powerful tentacles sprouting from it. For a head you have a gigantic black feathered python with long tusks in addition to poisonless fangs. You have purple eyes.

Quote from: Dice choosing your power
Your mere presence invokes a feral nature in man and animal alike, and while the civilized can resist it, mammals fall under its sway rather quickly. Those under your influence become obedient of you, though losing all but a primal, feral intelligence, and with extended time in his presence, grow bestial features, usually claw-first, until they are a beastly form that conceals the bare form they once were. The civilized are rather resistant to these effects, but a single wound can be enough to make a man reveal the wild nature he hid so many millennia ago. This can sometimes be broken by a powerful wizard or your death, but the bestial features will remain.

You step out of the dark tunnel, feeling the sun's warmth upon you once again.
Now that you are free, it is time to destroy this blight that has ruined this world, and claim revenge for your banishment.
You have several choices:
A) Head to the dwarven hillocks
B) Head to the human hamlets
C) Head to the elven forest retreats.
D) Head to a forest and find some large wildlife for an army.
E) Head somewhere else.

Spoiler: Gm note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 11:40:47 pm by Puppyguard »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 11:31:56 pm »

I forgot you could do that. (ba doom tss

Anyway, D.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 01:33:11 am »

Head to the site of your former defeat. Then follow a grand tour of your former peers' sites. Weep alien tears.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 01:52:08 am »

Head to the site of your former defeat. Then follow a grand tour of your former peers' sites. Weep alien tears.
+1 and raise massive stone pillars to there memory.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2017, 02:03:25 am »

+1 eldritch, possibly necrotic, tears.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2017, 11:25:30 am »

You decide to head to the shrine you were guarding.
After a few days you stumble upon the shrine's stone remains.
Cracked with age and vandalism, its former glory is still fresh in your memory.
You weep in sadness. The grass around you melts from your tears.
Inside the shrine are several new pictures and symbols, you have no idea what they mean, but they are crudely drawn.
In the near center there is a large scorch mark, presumably from the banishment spell.
Quote from: The six-sided die
You make your way to the forest near the shrine. and stumble upon a giant lion covered in scar marks. It is missing several toes.
It snarls at you and you circle eachother.
Because of its size it appears to be resistant to your dominance. Or it might be magically enchanted or just have massive willpower.
Eitherway, it intimidates you slightly. You will have to deal with this creature if you want to proceed.

A) Fight it!
You're several times larger than this puny creature,
You could probably easily defeat it. Unless it has help.
A giant lion would make a nice first kill.

B) Dominate it!
Whatever is helping this thing can be broken with your sheer concentration, or by inflicting a few, painful wounds.
A giant lion could be a valuable asset, as long as you don't damage it too much.

C) Flee! Tactical retreat.
You just got to the surface recently, and you don't know your full power.
If this thing is capable of resisting your dominance, it clearly has help.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:27:04 am by Puppyguard »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 11:34:53 am »

B

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5