Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 19: Who Says Diplomacy Never Works?) [Waitlist Open]  (Read 16981 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 8: A Deal) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2017, 06:57:11 am »

Ardellan is rather distraught that his loosely made lie was so easily overcomes, he goes directly to the old man and stares him directly in the eye. He's going to have a monologue of respect!

"You need to understand your preposition old man. If you really think me is going to become an indentured servant to you, than you better get a recheck of yourself. I have very important business in the deeper layers of this dungeon and if have to lay down my life to get their than, I hold no repercussions and no emotional loss if it were to happen. You need to go accept the weakness of your pride that your lava elemental is in fact very territorial and was the aggressor, we were just responding in self defense. So, you need to go walk away before things get rather uncivilized. I suggest accepting your loss and accepting it before you get ill-tempered, because truly no one wants that"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:17:14 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2017, 07:02:45 am »

Ardellan is rather distraught that his loosely made lie was so easily overcomes, he goes directly to the old man and stares him directly in the eye. He's going to have a monologue of respect!

"You need to understand your preposition old man. If you really thinkme is going to become an indentured servant to you, than you better get a recheck of yourself. I have very important business in the deeper layers of this dungeon and if I have to lay down my life to get their, I hold no repercussions and no emotional loss. You need to go accept the weakness of your pride that your lava elemental is in fact very territorial and was the aggressor, we were just responding in self defense. So, you need to go walk away before things get rather uncivilized. I suggest accepting your loss and accepting it before you get ill-tempered, because truly no one wants that
"'I hold no repercussions'? I do not think that means what you think it means. Further than that, please do not taunt the wizard. I do not want to be guilty by association, and thus die."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2017, 07:07:25 am »

Ignoring the others, Gary decides to speak.

"I don't see what killing us will solve.
We are too impoverished to pay your price, and if you kill us, you just have a pile of dead bodies to deal with.
Letting us go is the most logical solution.
"

He tries to negotiate his way out of the predicament.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2017, 07:24:03 pm »

Hello? Dolosus? We still adventuring?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2017, 07:37:11 pm »

I'm actually typing up the update right now, mmkay?
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2017, 07:43:44 pm »

I'm actually typing up the update right now, mmkay?
Yay!  :D

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Fireblood Mountain (Turn 9: The Diplomatic Approach) [Waitlist Open]
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2017, 09:22:42 pm »

Turn 9: The Diplomatic Approach

As the group stops to ponder this choice, Jacob makes the first response, saying "...Now, I happen to prize my blood and well-being, so I think I'll go with the price'n iron. And more'n that, I'd like to have it be known that I did recommend turnin' around when we saw... Calamaxes", to which the Grey Man responds with a disturbingly enthusiastic "The iron price it is!"

[?, Magic: 2+?]
[Jacob, END: 6-1]

Jacob grits his teeth as red-hot lines criss-cross the skin on his wrist, branding a symbol into his flesh. The symbol appears to be composed of a circle, with three interlocking triangles within it.

[+Brand. Effect: ?]

"The iron price has been the same among my people for generations. You must obtain a single iron coin from the Untergang, and bring it back to me. The brand will guide you to the coin. Now, who is next?"

However, Gary and Jerila attempt the diplomatic approach, negotiating their way out with claims such as "I don't see what killing us will solve. We are too impoverished to pay your price, and if you kill us, you just have a pile of dead bodies to deal with. Letting us go is the most logical solution." and "We're terribly sorry about what happened to Calamaxes, we simply didn't know better. General rule is that our kind assumes elementals are not really set on making us tea and inviting us to dinner, but now that we know that the ones here are under control, we can learn from our mistakes instead."[/glow]

[Gary, CHA: 6]
[Jerila, CHA: 4+1]

The Grey Man thoughtfully strokes his chin in response to these arguments.

"Well, I'm certainly not going to kill you. What would the point of killing you be if my goal was to discipline all of you?

However, the girl makes an excellent point. I suppose that if the rest of you help the other fellow pay off the iron price, such would be a sufficient lesson. How about that?"

Ae-Hale vigorously nods in agreement to this revelation, but Ardelion has a definite bone to pick with the grey man.

"You need to understand your preposition old man. If you really think me is going to become an indentured servant to you, than you better get a recheck of yourself. I have very important business in the deeper layers of this dungeon and if have to lay down my life to get their than, I hold no repercussions and no emotional loss if it were to happen. You need to go accept the weakness of your pride that your lava elemental is in fact very territorial and was the aggressor, we were just responding in self defense. So, you need to go walk away before things get rather uncivilized. I suggest accepting your loss and accepting it before you get ill-tempered, because truly no one wants that"

The Grey Man's mouth quickly pushes itself into a frown.

"You, whelp, really need to learn some respect."

[?, Magic: 6+?]
[Ardelion, END: 2]

Ardelion suddenly falls to the ground as the Grey Man frowns. He opens his mouth to deliver another retort, but instead of words a stream of vomit spews forth, drenching the ground as he curls up in a ball. The Grey Man casually ambles over to the fallen Ardelion, and places his foot on the fallen mage's neck. His voice is icy cold as he says,

"I can have your debt or I can have your life. I don't care for one over the other. Choose a price or die."

For good measure, the Grey Man grinds his foot into Ardelion's neck, eliciting a tortured grunt as the vomit pools underneath the prone body.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2017, 09:32:21 pm »

"He will pay the iron price, too!

Now, if you wouldn't mind... where might we find this "Untergang"?
Sorry, a momentary lapse of attention. How will the brand guide me, though? And what kind of resistance should we expect?"

EDIT: What would have happened if I had scored lower on the branding? Or if I had gotten a 6 (I know I couldn't, because the -1, but if I hadn't had that)?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:17:50 pm by Glass »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2017, 10:18:02 pm »

Gary, satisfied at his assured safety, looks around the cavern for flora or mushrooms, or even just anything valuable that he missed when entering. If he sees anything, he gathers it for use in the herbalism kit, or just to keep.

He then seems to think of something. Turning to the wizard, he asks,

"I'm sure this object has value other than the symbolic value of repaying a debt. You must need it for something. Pardon if this is rude, but what value does it hold to you?"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:02:38 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2017, 10:30:10 am »

"My sincer..." Ardellion stutters to speak as he's in a lot of pain, as forced vomiting will probably make a man uncomfortable to say at the least. "My sincerest apologies, you see you misinterpreted my monologue, it wasn't their to agitate you. It was stated to size you up, you have clearly showed that you are indeed a man with connections. As well, indeed a entity that certainly has the right of provocation, but what will do that to the end? I am just a lowly explorer that you need to have no concern about, don't mind me. Mistakes were made, and let's move past that".

Endure the forced vomiting!; it's time for some submissive monologues, I'm sure he is a man who will accept my contrite.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2017, 11:45:39 am »

"Mistakes were made"
Have they ever not been?

EDIT/OOC: also, some of us use the dark forum format. Maroon does not go well on dark backgrounds. If you could, say, do this or this, that would help.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:47:15 am by Glass »

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2017, 02:37:10 pm »

Jerila walks up to Jacob and reaches up slightly to tap him on the shoulder. Once she has his attention, she makes a motion with her head towards Ardellion.
"Let's go before he gets us all killed,"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2017, 03:23:13 pm »

Jerila walks up to Jacob and reaches up slightly to tap him on the shoulder. Once she has his attention, she makes a motion with her head towards Ardellion.
"Let's go before he gets us all killed,"
"Agreed."

"Excuse me, Sir, um... Sir, but if you would let us go and pursue this quest to fulfill my debt to you, it will be greatly appreciated. And I apologize for our... party member's behavior. You see, I think he may be drunk."

OOC: Once, while playing DnD, I bluffed some travelling merchants into thinking our party leader (one of the other players), who had covered their armor in goblin ears, had done so because they were drunk. Prior to that, we had had no contact with any alcohol in the entire game.
I rolled a natural 20.
He was retroactively drunk for the entire past day and a half, having drunken so hard before leaving the capital that he somehow managed to be drunk for the entire trip to our location, as well as during the battle we just had where we cleared out a goblin lair.
Seriously.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2017, 09:57:25 am »

((Paging OceanSoul, paging OceanSoul, do you read me?))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2017, 10:00:35 am »

<Frost to Chasme, Frost to Chasme, do you read me, Chasme?>
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16