Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Roll to God: Waitlist open. (Assuming the world survives)  (Read 18520 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God: Waitlist open. (Assuming the world survives)
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2017, 08:45:22 am »

Just curious, would I be able to add the negate-roll-penalty to my cat before the controlled-monster-roll-penalty comes into play? Also, is there any way to change my own form?

I create the Claws of Bastet, which negates 2 armor of the enemy when the wielder is attacking, and has a 33% chance of turning killed enemies into 1/1/1 cats under no one's control(unless, if the killed was a god, under their own control). Then, I equip them to my cat!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2017, 10:11:25 am »

Just curious, would I be able to add the negate-roll-penalty to my cat before the controlled-monster-roll-penalty comes into play? Also, is there any way to change my own form?

I create the Claws of Bastet, which negates 2 armor of the enemy when the wielder is attacking, and has a 33% chance of turning killed enemies into 1/1/1 cats under no one's control(unless, if the killed was a god, under their own control). Then, I equip them to my cat!
Not entirely sure I undsertsna the first part. Adding the roll bonus right now would actually be a +1 to your crestion rolls when the cat is near, since right now the malus is not in effect as one other person still needs to ascend. But that ability is not unlocked yet.
And yes, you can sort of change your form. I.e. Creating a magic amulet that, when equipped, gives the owner wings.
Since the claws you are making is equipment, the cost is not doubled. Those claws would have a cost of 5, 4 for the armor part and 1 for the rest, since it doesn't actually make the claws more deadly.
NOTE: unless specified, items will not change shape to fit anyone, and will only fit the body size and shape of those it was made for.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2017, 10:35:13 am »

...would DSK be able to wear those claws if he acquired them? (Remember, Khajiit)

This is purely hypothetical; I do not have any plans to attack you and your cat, OS.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2017, 11:52:57 am »

...would DSK be able to wear those claws if he acquired them? (Remember, Khajiit)

This is purely hypothetical; I do not have any plans to attack you and your cat, OS.
Yeah, with slight modifications.
(Eg 1 or higher, so guaranteed success.)
Also since updates have started taking so long I may either need to change how the game works, how I update it, or just do updates every 2 days instead, which gives you guys more time to strategize.
NOTE: Moves take place in order of who moves when. The sooner you reply, the sooner your char and its creatures move.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2017, 12:50:46 pm »

Ok.

Now, considering that it doesn't seem anyone plans on helping me with stat reduction, I'm going to try to use my god powers to create a cage around the beast (this is in addition to my and DSK's physical actions denoted earlier).

Would that get challenged spawning from the beast, or not? It's around it, not on it like the wall would have been.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2017, 01:44:54 pm »

Ok.

Now, considering that it doesn't seem anyone plans on helping me with stat reduction, I'm going to try to use my god powers to create a cage around the beast (this is in addition to my and DSK's physical actions denoted earlier).

Would that get challenged spawning from the beast, or not? It's around it, not on it like the wall would have been.

It is essentially a hollow wall, so that would work. Except I would need to roll for speed. The beast has 5 or 6 speed.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2017, 02:05:01 pm »

Ok.

It is essentially a hollow wall, so that would work. Except I would need to roll for speed. The beast has 5 or 6 speed.
*groan*

Could I use do some accelerated casting now (to get around the speed) in exchange for no god powers next turn?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:57:26 pm by Glass »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2017, 03:01:50 pm »

-snip-
Could I use do some accelerated casting now (to get around the speed) in exchange for no god powers next turn?
Sure, I don't see why not.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2017, 03:19:12 pm »

So there has been a lot of conversation going around and second guessing and all,
could everyone please re-post their moves in bold.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2017, 03:25:13 pm »

Create a giant hovering monocle that fires lasers.
Quickly! I require a spot of assistance, good sirs! Perhaps our combined powers can create a gentlemanly creature capable of defeating that vile fiend!
"AHA! I know! Hatty, jump on Sir Looty's head, adding your stats to his!"
Hatty(The Hat Monster) equips himself onto Sir Looty(The Gentleman), adding his stats to Sir Looty(The Gentleman.)

"Lord Plunderington, is it ok if I equip the monocle you just made? If so, Sir Looty equip the monocle!"
Sir Looty(The Gentleman) will equip the the laser shooting monocle, unless Sir Plunderington doesn't want him to or it's too big to fit. If he can't equip it for either of those reasons, then he will just walk to E3 instead.

"Hmmm, Sir Looty you need an upgrade!"
Take the Top hat cane ability off of myself and give it to Sir Looty(The Gentleman).
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2017, 03:30:17 pm »

I'll shift back to E2 and prepare to defend dodge and block like because my life depends on it. DSK should move to D2, also prepare to defend, and use fus on the beast (from D2).

In addition, I use an accelerated (aka speed is not an issue) casting of cage creation on the beast's square, in exchange for my ability to use god powers next turn.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2017, 05:40:09 pm »

Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2017, 12:53:10 pm »

Finally ready to update. Been busy, what with Easter and all.
Update will be up soon.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2017, 08:00:07 am »

These rolls were great.
A|P1|O|O|O|O|O|P3|
B|11|12|O|O|O|O|O|
C|O|O|P5|W|W|31w|W|
D|O|!c|O|21|O|O|P6|
E|O|W|O|P2|O|42|P4|

P1: Crazyabe: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
11: Immaterial sword: Health: 1/1, Defense: -2, Attack: -2, Move Speed: 3 (This sword is so pointless)
12: Living Artillery: (Health: 2/2, Defense: 1, Attack: 4, Move Speed: 0, Range: 2)

(9+1=10)
You create Immovable Living Artillery, (Health: 2/2, Defense: 1, Attack: 4, Move Speed: 0, Range: 2) and do better than you first intended,
P2: (Glass) Aaron Blaez, Chroniqler: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
21: DSK the Dovahkiin Khajiit: Health: 1/1, Defense: 0, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 3, Special Power: Fus (Knocks an enemy back one tile)

You shift back a bit and prepare to survive. (+1 to next combat defense roll)
(Not joking. This next bit actually happened.)
(9+3=12 - 9+6=15)
DSK moves before the monster does. He also fires before the monster can attack. However, the fus misses by a slight margin since it is the weakest version. You sacrifice your powers next turn to create a cage. (8+1=9)
You actually overshoot slightly, creating a cage with 3 health and 3 defense. That will buy a couple turns. (Creature has 4 attack, so 2 turns until it breaks free now, because it could still attack this turn, but 3 until it can attack someone else.)
P3: OceanSoul: Level 2 (Health: 2/2, Defense: 2, Attack: 2, Move Speed: 2, +2 to creation and ascension rolls, and +2 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
31: Cat: Health: 2/2, Defense: 0, Attack: 2, Move Speed: 6, Special power: Box armor (creates one extra health point for one turn, only usable once every 5 turns), Equipped: Claws of Bastet: negates 1 enemy armor when attacking, and has a 10% chance of turning killed
enemies into 1/0/1/1 cats under your control(unless, if the enemy was a god, under their own control).

(1+2=3, 5 needed)
You attempt to create some rather powerful claws. You still succeed, but they are slightly weaker.
Your cat puts them on.

P4: (Tankkit) Sir Lootington: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1+2=3, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
42: Sir Looty: Gentleman: Health: 1/1+1/1=2/2+1/1 = 3/3, Defense: 0+1=1, Attack: 2+1=3, Move Speed: 2+1=3+2=5, Special Abilities: Top hat cane: lasts for three turns, adds 2 attack to user (3/3 uses remaining), Pen laser (Blinds enemy for one turn, preventing it from attacking. It may still defend.)
Equipped creatures: (Immobile, unable to do anything as their stats are in another):
41: Hatty the Top hat monster (Equipped to Sir Looty): Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1

You have another brilliant idea!
"AHA! I know! Hatty, jump on Sir Looty's head, adding your stats to his!"
Sir Looty puts on Hatty, gaining his skills.

"Lord Plunderington, is it ok if I equip the monocle you just made? If so, Sir Looty equip the monocle!"
Sir Looty then equips the slightly larger than normal monocle that Lord Plunderington just made, since he didn’t object to it.
Sir Looty has to hold the monocle on since it doesn’t fit, but it still looks quite spiffing.

"Hmmm, Sir Looty you need an upgrade!"
Sir Looty takes you top hat cane.
P5: star2war3: Level 1 (Health: Unconscious!/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
None

(1+1=0, but 1 is instant fail usually)
You create an anvil! It hits you in the head, knocking you unconscious.
P6: (Rethi-Eli) Lord Plunderington: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
None
Equipped creatures: (Immobile, unable to do anything as their stats are in another):
Floating Monocle (Equipped to Sir Looty): Health: 1/1, Defense: 0, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 2, Special Ability: Pen laser (Blinds enemy for one turn, preventing it from attacking. It may still defend.)

(3+1=4)
You ask everyone for assistance. “Quickly! I require a spot of assistance, good sirs! Perhaps our combined powers can create a gentlemanly
creature capable of defeating that vile fiend!”
Unfortunately, everyone else has their own problems, so you attempt to create a giant monocle that hovers and shoots lasers on your own. You only manage making one slightly larger than normal, and is equipped with a pen laser. Maybe you could blind the monster? It also seems able to attack by sticking it in an enemy's eye.
AI Monsters:
!: Humanoid: Vaguely humanoid. Communicates via buzzing. It seems angry. It has dark claws and a swirling purple pulsing pattern on black, leathery skin. Its form seems to shift slightly, as if it cannot make up its mind on what it is.
Health: 5/5, Defense: 4, Attack: 4, Move Speed: 6, Special ability: Absorption
Special Power: Inky spit (2 tile range, -1 to attack rolls)
Caged! Health: 2/3, Defense: 3

(4-3=1)
The creature slashes at the wall, dealing 1 damage to it.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2017, 08:01:25 am »

NOTE. THIS is VERY important
Creatures in cages cannot be harmed until the cage is destroyed, unless yoru creature is in the cage as well.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10