Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to God: Waitlist open. (Assuming the world survives)  (Read 18161 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 04:54:22 pm »

Give a tip of the hat to Sir Lootington with the black riding hat that spontaneously appeared on my head when he arrived and brought hatness to this game. "Willing to declare truce until such time that we are not on top of each other?"

Attempt to create a wall from C-1 to C5; move self to E1 and Dovahkaaz (that means dragon Khajiit in TES dragon language, and is the proper way to refer to a Dovahkiin Khajiit (not that they would necessarily agree)) to E2.

Also, try to add another move speed to the Dovahkaaz.
Doing that would require a roll of 9 or higher. One for each wall, then two for the move point. You get a +1 for being level 1, but still, 8 is a tall order.
Okay, I modified it to start at C3 instead. That should shave... 4 off of that? Make that need a 4 instead?

EDIT: and modified again to start at C2, because having to reach a 5 (I.e. Having a 50-50 shot) isn't too terrible, and with a humble prayer and request to the almighty Random Number Gods, too, because in their almighty omniscience, I do pray,  they would like to see things have time to become interesting before people start to destroy those interesting creations for purposes of war.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:03:40 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 05:46:55 pm »

Fuck with everyone.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 06:25:59 pm »

Fuck with everyone.
Please don't, oh great and powerful Random Number God.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 07:03:28 pm »

Fuck with everyone.
I'm almost tempted to sig this so that Reli can't.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 07:04:23 pm »

Do it.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 07:17:30 pm »

...fine. It's sigged.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 10:55:39 pm »

Fuck with everyone.
I can't sig it because I'm too lazy. Sorry to ruin the fun.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 11:01:40 pm »

Fuck with everyone.
And you wait until AFTER I sig an OK quote irrelevant to me to say this.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 01:29:25 pm »

Fuck with everyone.
I'd say that most sigs are irrelevant to the sigger beyond the fact that they were there to see it happen and were the first to decide to sig it. It should be fine.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 01:36:32 pm »

Fuck with everyone.
I'd say that most sigs are irrelevant to the sigger beyond the fact that they were there to see it happen and were the first to decide to sig it. It should be fine.
Sometimes, the true meaning of a sig is what it means to the singer, being the topic of the sig in question. I was not involved, and while I saw the value of the sig to Him, I wanted to mess with Him by preventing him from sigging it originally, that being the meaning of the sig in my eyes. However, His laziness made him not want to sig it in the first place, taking the sig's meaning to me.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 01:59:15 pm »

Spawn: EC1
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 02:34:04 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 02:03:20 pm »

Fuck with everyone.
Sometimes, the true meaning of a sig is what it means to the singer, being the topic of the sig in question. I was not involved, and while I saw the value of the sig to Him, I wanted to mess with Him by preventing him from sigging it originally, that being the meaning of the sig in my eyes. However, His laziness made him not want to sig it in the first place, taking the sig's meaning to me.
Sigs are, by definition, contextless. They exist at the bottom of all of your posts, seen only for their content; few, if any, quotes in sigs are investigated, and most are chosen to be humorous when removed from the context that birthed them. If it is any comfort, I would have liked to sig the quote, but did not want to take it from you. Besides, the quote to be sigged other meanings, most prominently in its humorous treatment and reference to the RNG, and the associated relationship with DF and other, somewhat luck-based games. In addit-
BLAM
-This quote pyramid has been designated for recycling into material for The Walltm; have a nice daycycle-

EDIT:
Spawn: E1
...I can't tell if you know what you're doing or not.
Prevent SW from spawning on E1. Maybe let him show up somewhere in row C or something. The Dovahkaaz's move speed can wait for this (not the wall, though; wall takes precedence).
New and better decisions have been made. Revert to my original action stated.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 02:37:36 pm by Glass »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 02:33:39 pm »

((I don't really care where I spawn so sure. I'll move to C1))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 02:36:11 pm »

Thank you, sir. It is simply that I was trying to move in to E1 this turn, and did not appreciate someone trying to spawn on me.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 03:08:35 pm »

Fuck with everyone.
Sigs are, by definition, contextless. They exist at the bottom of all of your posts, seen only for their content; few, if any, quotes in sigs are investigated, and most are chosen to be humorous when removed from the context that birthed them. If it is any comfort, I would have liked to sig the quote, but did not want to take it from you. Besides, the quote to be sigged other meanings, most prominently in its humorous treatment and reference to the RNG, and the associated relationship with DF and other, somewhat luck-based games. In addit-
BLAM
-This quote pyramid has been designated for recycling into material for The Walltm; have a nice daycycle-

EDIT:
Spawn: E1
...I can't tell if you know what you're doing or not.
Prevent SW from spawning on E1. Maybe let him show up somewhere in row C or something. The Dovahkaaz's move speed can wait for this (not the wall, though; wall takes precedence).
New and better decisions have been made. Revert to my original action stated.

I left for one day. ONE DAY. And this (sort of large) quote pyramid spawned. Why u gods so good at creating?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10