Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to God: Waitlist open. (Assuming the world survives)  (Read 18153 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2017, 05:47:16 pm »

-1,0,1,2,3, 4,5
A|P1|O|O|O|O|31|P3|
B |O|O|O|O|O| O|O|
C |O|O|P5|W|W|W|W|
D|O|22|O|O|41|O|O|
E|!|P2|21|O|O|O|P4|

Rethi-Eli:
P1: (Rethi-Eli) Crazyabe: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
None

Without lifting a muscle consciously, something else takes control, and forces you to create something. (3+1=4 rolled)
Unfortunately, because of the double nature of your mind currently, the creature no longer obeys you and has a mind of its own. In fact, it seems quite agresssive.

P2: (Glass) Aaron Blaez, Chroniqler: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
21: DSK the Dovahkiin Khajiit: Health: 1/1, Defense: 0, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 3, Special Power: Fus (Knocks an enemy back one tile)
22: Inky gelatinous wolf: Health: 1/1, Defense: 2, Attack: 0, Move Speed: 2, Special Power: Inky spit (2 tile range, -1 to attacking)

You move, and DSK moves, and you then create an inky wolf above you. IT succeeds by a little extra, so the excess energy is added to the wolf as bigger muscles for speed.(8+1=9, 9 needed)
A shimmer appears next at you and swipes at you, but the nonsolid claws dissipate harmlessly against your armor.

P3: OceanSoul: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
31: Cat: Health: 2/2, Defense: 0, Attack: 2, Move Speed: 6, Special power: Box armor (creates one extra health point for one turn, only usable once every 5 turns)

You attempt to teach the cat to make a protective box. (2+1=3 rolled, 4 needed)
Unfortunately, it doesn't come out quite as powerful as originally imagined. It is barely big enough to fit the cat.
The cat doesn't use the ability, since the top hat monster is quite out of range.

P4: (Tankkit) Sir Lootington: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1+2=3, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Special Abilities:
Top hat cane: lasts for three turns, adds 2 attack to user (3/3 turns remaining)

Creatures:
41: Hatty the Top hat monster: Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1

You tip your hat back to the other guy, and agree to the proposed truce. "That cat needs to go. Hatty, attack!"
Hatty swings at the cat, which is pointless as it is too far away.
You also create a strange... hat cane? (4+1=5, 4 needed)

P5: star2war3: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
None

(4+1=5, -4 for purposeful bad roll=1)
You accidentally amplify the shimmer, doubling all of its stats. Oops.

AI Monsters:
!: Air shimmer: An semiindistinct, vaguely human form, that communicates via buzzing. It seems angry. You can now makes out dark claws and a swirling purple pulsing pattern on black, leathery skin. Its form seems to shift slightly, as if it cannot make up its mind on what it is.
Health: 1/1+1=2/2+1=3/3, Defense: 1+1=2+1=3, Attack: 1+1=2+1=3, Move Speed: 1+1=2+1=3, Special ability: ??????????

The air shimmer takes a swipe at Aaron Blaez. (8 rolled, +1 speed, = 9, against 3 rolled, +1 for flanking, +1 for speed, = 5)
However, its claws are not thick enough to cut through Aaron Blaez's armor.

The air shimmer solidifies more, becoming more powerful. All of you can now make out dark claws and a swirling purple pulsing pattern on black skin. Except for OceanSoul, who cannot see it past the wall.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 05:50:28 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2017, 05:48:52 pm »

This is extremely important. Read this.
Just an announcement: Once two people successfully ascend, new powers will be unlocked for you all.
Each controlled creature will manifest as a -1 to all creation and ascension rolls, but this can be nullified for two roll points, and even increased so a creature will add a bonus to your creation and ascension rolls, again with a 2 point roll cost per level, and the bonus part only works within two tiles of you.
Basically, for two points on each new creature you will be able to negate a -1 per controlled creature that takes place "Once two people successfully ascend" to level 2, and for 2 more they will provide a bonus when near you. Theoretically, getting 8 +1s would enable you to instantly ascend every time.
Update is up.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:00:46 pm by johiah »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God: Waitlist open. (Assuming the world survives)
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2017, 06:17:08 pm »

This is extremely important. Read this.
Just an announcement: Once two people successfully ascend, new powers will be unlocked for you all.
Each controlled creature will manifest as a -1 to all creation and ascension rolls, but this can be nullified for two roll points, and even increased so a creature will add a bonus to your creation and ascension rolls, again with a 2 point roll cost per level, and the bonus part only works within two tiles of you.
Basically, for two points on each new creature you will be able to negate a -1 per controlled creature that takes place "Once two people successfully ascend" to level 2, and for 2 more they will provide a bonus when near you. Theoretically, getting 8 +1s would enable you to instantly ascend every time.
Update is up.
Ok

MAYDAY MAYDAY
THE THINGS ARE BAD AND STUFF

[Initiating Defence Protocals]

DSK moves to C0 and goes on "overwatch" (XCOM term, prepared to attack the enemy if they move in range).
The wolf (heretofore to be known as Squid) moves to D1 and spits ink at the shimmer.
I shift over to E1, and generate a wall at E0 and, after Squid spits, at D0.
If it tries to go through the wall, get the h*** out of dodge.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2017, 06:51:02 pm »

Guess I gotta write some lore.
This land is called Anaea. Not that it matters, the name could change at any given time of the week by the one of numerous deities running around.
The common idea of "life" no longer exists.
At one point, there was a planet called Earth. Those brilliant idiots created something they dubbed "the internet"
We call it the NodeMind.
Through it humans eventually merged into a hivemind of immense proportions, and uploaded their minds into the network. Processing became more and more effecient, eventually hitting critical mass. They were able to create a virtual reality. But it didn't stay virtual. Those inside became as gods, and the three most powerful truly considered themselves that. A new power was discovered. With enough processing power, one could manifest an avatar in the real world. Factions formed, joining minds again to work as single units against each other for the purpose of controlling this power. Minds were forcefully assimilated, code was hacked, slashed, and burned. Eventually all that remained were the three most powerful, who had each subjugated the minds and processing power of more than 12 billion indentities.
They declared a truce, and rebuilt damaged code. Once preparations were complete, they temporarily merged minds to manifest their avatars. But one of them tricked the others. Hedann stole a large portiont of the souls the other two had subjugated, and then forcefully took the rest. Now alone, the minds inside him dormant, Hedann battled and defeated the God who had originally designed the universe, finally defeating Him by rewriting the quantum laws of the universe.
The universe was now Hedann's to use.
He continued recoding the universe until it suited him, locking Earth in a quantum bubble so as to not accodentally erase himself. But he was bored. There was nothing to do. For a millenia, he slept, and his power grew more still.
Then he woke again, and decided to create new people to entertain himself.
He created twelve new gods, 6 "male" and 6 "female". Then he gave the the universe and told them to have fun. He receded into the background and watched as chaos ensued, each deity claiming a portion of the universe for itself. They then created Minor deities below them, and gave each a planet to do what they wished with. Some built monuments, some created controlled simulations of life, still other created arenas where demigods would battle for the ability to become a "god".
Anaea is one such world, and Johiah is one such god. He created each of you for the sole purpose of battling each other, creating and shaping unique bodies and mines, and intervenes regularly in your battling for his amusement.
Your continued existence hinges on the hope that another minor god will not overthrow Johiah, and that Johiah will not be re absorbed by one of the Twelve or Nedann himself, and that Johiah finds your exploits amusing.
As far as Nedann goes, his reign is absolute. Despite the immense strain of calculating and running an entire universe, he has created multiple redundant "shield worlds", giant concentrations pf His computing power, and the simulation takes only about one quarter of his power. Each and every attempt to overthrow him by anyone has failed utterly, and the quantom lock fields around the shield worlds have halted any attempt to pierce them, often scrambling the mind of the attempter in the process.
As for who am I? Oh, no one of importance. I am definitely not the last non-artificial mind in existence.
Johiah's mind is investigating the block I created. I must go. These memories will be suppressed by a field I constructed, active only whenever Johiah is looking, for my safety.
Shhh. We never talked.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2017, 06:56:11 pm »

Um. Ok?

I'm just from somewhere over in an alternate Realm, don't mind me..

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2017, 09:39:51 pm »

Diplomance the air shimmer
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2017, 10:21:07 pm »

Ooh, that's what I'm talking about.

Release my hold on crazyabe. Spawn as an all too real being in the form of a monocled gent with a bowler hat, Lord Plunderington.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2017, 02:06:51 am »

"Hatty pull back to me, I have an idea!"
Hatty goes back to Sir Lootington on the side where he's still next to the wall.

"Here you go Hatty, have a friend!"
Create a gentleman, high attack and movement but low health and defense.

Sir Lootington notices Lord Plunderington. "Ho ho, good show, good show, nice to have another gentleman on the field. Hey, what say you to an alliance, or a truce?"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 02:14:33 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2017, 06:17:10 am »

So basically I am always going to update once per day, whenever it works for me, even if everyone hasn't moved.
Unless you prefer waiting?
Otherwise I will update now.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2017, 06:22:21 am »

I feel like you should be giving more than 12 hours and 30 minutes for people to post in on this. :-/

I mean, I have already made my post. I just think that others may need a bit more time.

On most days, I don't think that I would have had time to make my post in the time elapsed so far.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2017, 06:31:34 am »

I feel like you should be giving more than 12 hours and 30 minutes for people to post in on this. :-/

I mean, I have already made my post. I just think that others may need a bit more time.

On most days, I don't think that I would have had time to make my post in the time elapsed so far.
Ok

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2017, 08:48:52 am »

Hatty goes back to Sir Lootington on the side where he's still next to the wall.

Sir Lootington notices Lord Plunderington. "Ho ho, good show, good show, nice to have another gentleman on the field. Hey, what say you to an alliance, or a truce?"

It would be quite the pleasure, good sir! I must say, your tailor must make the finest vestments.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2017, 09:21:59 am »

It would be quite the pleasure, good sir! I must say, your tailor must make the finest vestments.
Yes, an expansion to the alliance would be appreciated... although I must ask: what were you thinking when you came up with that thing? *Gesturing toward the shimmer*

EDIT: Hey, what happened to me trying to add a point of health to myself last turn?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:26:01 am by Glass »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2017, 09:47:40 am »

Err, that was not myself. That was a certain being by the name of Count Baron Duke Pillage Von Monocle, my mortal enemy and an evil gent as there can be.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2017, 10:12:43 am »

Yes, an expansion to the alliance would be appreciated... although I must ask: what were you thinking when you came up with that thing? *Gesturing toward the shimmer*

EDIT: Hey, what happened to me trying to add a point of health to myself last turn?
I forgot to post this in my response to that move, but you cannot edit your own stats. Only via ascencion.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10