Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to God: Waitlist open. (Assuming the world survives)  (Read 18155 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God: Waitlist open. (Assuming the world survives)
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2017, 10:13:03 am »

Tankkit, have you considered giving your gentleman an ability to equip the hat monster, combining their stats and adding range to the attack (in the form of tossing the hat at the enemy like a boomerang)?

Anyway, Ascend! My cat tries to climb up the wall and see what's on the other side.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2017, 12:32:04 pm »

Tankkit, have you considered giving your gentleman an ability to equip the hat monster, combining their stats and adding range to the attack (in the form of tossing the hat at the enemy like a boomerang)?
... :) You have no idea what you just did, do you...heh heh heh heh :D

"Hatty pull back to me, I have an idea!"
Hatty goes back to Sir Lootington on the side where he's still next to the wall.

"Here you go Hatty, have a friend!"
Create a gentleman, high attack and movement but low health and defense.

Sir Lootington notices Lord Plunderington. "Ho ho, good show, good show, nice to have another gentleman on the field. Hey, what say you to an alliance, or a truce?"
It would be quite the pleasure, good sir! I must say, your tailor must make the finest vestments.
Yes, an expansion to the alliance would be appreciated... although I must ask: what were you thinking when you came up with that thing? *Gesturing toward the shimmer*
"Aah, 3 for the Gentleman Alliance, jolly good. Say, I have an idea. What do you jolly gentleman think about all of us combining our power into one single creature to destroy that shimmer? Ofcourse, we would need to make sure that the creature doesn't go beserk and kill us all... hmmm, maybe we should give it a time limit of 5 tur-oops i'm not supposed to know about that- ehm, 5 hours of time?" Sir Lootington sais.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:39:16 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2017, 01:24:11 pm »

Anyway, Ascend! My cat tries to climb up the wall and see what's on the other side.
Wait, the hat monster is a HAT monster, not a monster wearing a hat? Oh...
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2017, 01:41:32 pm »

"Hatty pull back to me, I have an idea!"
Hatty goes back to Sir Lootington on the side where he's still next to the wall.

"Here you go Hatty, have a friend!"
Create a gentleman, high attack and movement but low health and defense.

Sir Lootington notices Lord Plunderington. "Ho ho, good show, good show, nice to have another gentleman on the field. Hey, what say you to an alliance, or a truce?"
It would be quite the pleasure, good sir! I must say, your tailor must make the finest vestments.
Yes, an expansion to the alliance would be appreciated... although I must ask: what were you thinking when you came up with that thing? *Gesturing toward the shimmer*
"Aah, 3 for the Gentleman Alliance, jolly good. Say, I have an idea. What do you jolly gentleman think about all of us combining our power into one single creature to destroy that shimmer? Ofcourse, we would need to make sure that the creature doesn't go beserk and kill us all... hmmm, maybe we should give it a time limit of 5 tur-oops i'm not supposed to know about that- ehm, 5 hours of time?" Sir Lootington sais.
The turns are not a secret, Sir L. You are allowed to mention them.

Anyway... yes, a communally controlled entity would likely be a good way to help here, but what if it doesn't need to be powerful? At least, not in the traditional meaning of the word. Say, a buffing or healing creature that only affects those entities controlled by us, and not AIntities. That would likely do us more good, not just adding power to our forces, but multiplying it.
That would also solve the "berserk" problem; it would be incapable of attacking us.

I forgot to post this in my response to that move, but you cannot edit your own stats. Only via ascencion.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:43:23 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2017, 03:42:51 pm »

-snip-

Anyway... yes, a communally controlled entity would likely be a good way to help here, but what if it doesn't need to be powerful? At least, not in the traditional meaning of the word. Say, a buffing or healing creature that only affects those entities controlled by us, and not AIntities. That would likely do us more good, not just adding power to our forces, but multiplying it.
That would also solve the "berserk" problem; it would be incapable of attacking us.

I forgot to post this in my response to that move, but you cannot edit your own stats. Only via ascencion.
A note here for how defense works. Each point in defense costs 2 rolls to create. Each point blocks one point of attack. IIRC none of you or your creatures are powerful enough to get through 3 defense, unless someone rolls a perfect 10 without modifiers, which deals double damage.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2017, 04:02:29 pm »

I Create a Sentient Immaterial Sword (-2 Attack -2 Def 3 Move/speed/ect.)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2017, 04:02:56 pm »

-snip-

A note here for how defense works. Each point in defense costs 2 rolls to create. Each point blocks one point of attack. IIRC none of you or your creatures are powerful enough to get through 3 defense, unless someone rolls a perfect 10 without modifiers, which deals double damage.
Which means that the only one right now that could even potentially hurt that thing is, um....
The cat.
|:-|
Okay.

...does the wolf reduce accuracy, or attack? Because if attack, an inked shimmerbeast wouldn't be able to hurt it except on crit.

Also, in addition to the two walls I'm making, add a point of health to the wolf sticky to the spit attack (it'll be more useful). Furthermore, instead of DSK being at C0, put squid there, and leave DSK where he already is. Squid has more defense.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 04:06:11 pm by Glass »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2017, 04:05:12 pm »

-snip-

Which means that the only one right now that could even potentially hurt that thing is, um....
The cat.
|:-|
Okay.

...does the wolf reduce accuracy, or attack? Because if attack, an inked shimmerbeast wouldn't be able to hurt it except on crit.
Right now it is just a -1 to the creature's aim. You could make the spit sticky too, in which case it would restrict movement by one and decrease damage by one.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2017, 04:06:42 pm »

Done, and thanks for the quick response.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2017, 04:37:39 pm »

Updooted. Bippity boppity boo.
Well well well, things are getting interesting.

-1,0,1,2,3, 4,5
A|P1|O|O|O|O|O|P3|
B|11|O|O|O|O| O|O|
C|O|21|P5|W|W|31w|W|
D|O|!|O|O|O|41|P6|
E|O|W|P2|O|O|42|P4|

P1: Crazyabe: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
11: Immaterial sword: Health: 1/1, Defense: -2, Attack: -2, Move Speed: 3

Whatever possessed you fades away, you can control yourself again.
You attempt to create a sentient sword with negative defense and attack? (3+1=4 rolled, You succeed

P2: (Glass) Aaron Blaez, Chroniqler: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
21: DSK the Dovahkiin Khajiit: Health: 1/1, Defense: 0, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 3, Special Power: Fus (Knocks an enemy back one tile)

You instruct DSK to move up a bit, ready to fight. (+1 to all combat rolls this turn)
You move Squid back a bit and he spits at the creature. (3+2(move speed)-7+3(move speed)=-5, misses)
The creature dodges and darts forwards diagonally, moving around the wall you just created.
It swings at the wolf! (5+3-3+2=3)
It hits the wolf and its now mostly solid claws rend the wolf through, killing it. A peculiar thing happens, with the wolf's abilities being absorbed into the beast. Fortunately, it doesn't gain the wolf's inherent defense, as that came from the wolf being nonsolid.
The wolf's body slides into the claws like jelly, and up the monster's veins.
DSK attacks! (9+1+1=11, monster rolls 1, so instantly fails)
He manages to hit the monster, even dealing extra damage since he was ready, but it still fails to cut the beast. It doesn't attack DSK, since it already attacked once.
The two dapper gentlemen babble all sophisticated-like while you get your godly arse handed to you. You manage to find the time to say, "Yes, an expansion to the alliance would be appreciated... although I must ask:
what were you thinking when you came up with that thing," as you gesture towards the shimmer.
He gives some bullcrap answer.

P3: OceanSoul: Level 2 (Health: 1/1+1=2/2, Defense: 1+1=2, Attack: 1+1=2, Move Speed: 1+1=2, +1+1=2 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1+1=2 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
31: Cat: Health: 2/2, Defense: 0, Attack: 2, Move Speed: 6, Special power: Box armor (creates one extra health point for one turn, only usable once every 5 turns)

You ascend! (8+1=9, 8+1=9 needed)
Power swirls into your fingers and your body now glows slightly!
With a 1/5 chance?? Second try, not bad.
You then instruct your cat to climb the wall. (small body, so 5 needed. 3+6=9, success)
It does so, standing on top of the wall. What you see through its eyes is both terrifying and strange. Two Brits are discussing killign the monster with tea, while another frantically throws things at a creepy monster.

P4: (Tankkit) Sir Lootington: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1+2=3, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Special Abilities:
Top hat cane: lasts for three turns, adds 2 attack to user (2/3 turns remaining)

Creatures:
41: Hatty the Top hat monster: Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1
42: Gentleman: Health: 1/1, Defense: 0, Attack: 2, Move Speed: 2

You order hatty to move closer, and attempt to make him a friend. (4+1=5, 5 needed. Success)
You create a gentleman!
You then notice Lord Plunderington, and greet him with "Ho ho, good show, good show, nice to have another gentleman on the field.
Hey, what say you to an alliance, or a truce? As you can see, some wee beastie's tryin to steal me tea."
He agrees to the truce, and compliments your clothing.
Suddenly you have a spiffing idea!
"Aah, 3 for the Gentleman Alliance, jolly good. Say, I have an idea. What do you jolly gentleman think about all of us combining our power into one single creature to destroy that shimmer? Ofcourse, we would need to make sure that the creature doesn't go beserk and kill us all...
hmmm, maybe we should give it a time limit of 5 turns?"
No one answers you.

P5: star2war3: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
None

You attempt to diplomance the air shimmer. (2)
You buzz at it.
Not entirely sure what you just said, but you think you MAY have just insulted the creature's entire family lineage, as well as any future children it may have.
Its head snaps around and glares as its body finishes solidifying.
Looks like you are the next thing on the menu.

P6: (Rethi-Eli) Lord Plunderington: Level 1 (Health: 1/1, Defense: 1, Attack: 1, Move Speed: 1, +1 to creation and ascension rolls, and +1 to ascension cost)
Creatures:
None

With a gesture and a wave, you step onto the field, and adjust the positioning of your bowling cap. "Heard there was fun to be had, what-ho chaps!"
The man next to you asks for a temporary alliance, and you say, "It would be quite the pleasure, good sir! I must say, your tailor must make the finest vestments."
He nods.
Then the man blocking the creature from the two of you questions your life choices.
You respond somewhat awkwardly, "Err, that was not myself. That was a certain being by the name of
Count Baron Duke Pillage Von Monocle, my mortal enemy and an evil gent as there can be."
He snorts and turns away.

AI Monsters:
!: Air shimmer: A vaguely human form, that communicates via buzzing. It seems angry. You can now makes out dark claws and a swirling purple pulsing pattern on black, leathery skin. Its form seems to shift slightly, as if it cannot make up its mind on what it is.
Health: 3/3+1=4/4+1=5/5, Defense: 3+1=4, Attack: 3+1=4, Move Speed: 3+2=5+1=6, Special ability: Absorption
Special Power: Inky spit (2 tile range, -1 to combat rolls)

Combat summarized above.
The creature fights, and finishes solidifying.
It looks terrifying.
Picture the vein pattern from this but pulsing purple veins: http://worldofvideogames.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-monster-worldofvideogames-de.png
But on a humanoid form that vibrates with energy, and rapidly sheathing/unsheathing 6 inch claws.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:35:54 pm by johiah »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2017, 04:38:26 pm »

Energy gathers above the arena as Johiah's attention is drawn.

(Phew, that dm took forever. 45 mins.

EDIT: Wait, no. At least 2 hours...)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2017, 04:47:30 pm »

That wall was at D0. AKA where that beast currently is.
Shift that wall back and put that beast where it is supposed to be, Johiah! A location also known as D-1.

Since I cannot really do anything regarding actions until that's cleared up and I know how the board stands, I'll have to wait for you to fix that to make my move.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2017, 04:51:50 pm »

That wall was at D0. AKA where that beast currently is.
Shift that wall back and put that beast where it is supposed to be, Johiah! A location also known as D-1.

Since I cannot really do anything regarding actions until that's cleared up and I know how the board stands, I'll have to wait for you to fix that to make my move.
Sorry. Well then the second wall fails to materialize, seeing as the creature is in the way and has a will that contests yours. IT moved before your second wall since you moved too.

Edit:
The lord of this arena declares that the board as it is is more intriguing, ensuring he is interested and that he will not erase you.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 04:54:52 pm by johiah »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2017, 05:00:23 pm »

*groans*

Can we use our powers to lower an enemy monster's stats? Because if so, I'd like to reduce the beast's attack to 0 (if that's a thing that I could reasonably accomplish, that is).

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2017, 05:33:55 pm »

*groans*

Can we use our powers to lower an enemy monster's stats? Because if so, I'd like to reduce the beast's attack to 0 (if that's a thing that I could reasonably accomplish, that is).
He has a will that is not receptive to yours. Since you are modifying an existing creature, the cost would be doubled. Ie 8 instead of 4, then doubled again since he/she/it has a will against yours, for a nice round 16.
Now, you could reasonably lower it by 1, which would need a 4 or higher, or maybe a 2, which would be a 7 or higher. (So essentialy 3 and 6, since you get a +1 for being level 1.)
Or, you could join that and if loot and plunder did the same move, the effects would stack, with a slight malus, and you could conceivably weaken it enough that it can't hurt you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10