Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I'm making a game involving spaceships and medieval weapons  (Read 2164 times)

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
Re: I'm making a game involving spaceships and medieval weapons
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2017, 03:47:46 pm »

Speaking of satisfying, do you know what would be incredibly satisfying? Impalement and weapon-breakage!
Impalement kinda implemented but taken out for further polishing since it turned out to be incredibly frustrating to have a weapon stuck in you every time you accidentally run into one.

weapon breakage stuff
I'm considering a "softer" weapon breaking mechanic where rather than breaking and becoming completely unusable, weapons only have bits and pieces chip off, becoming "duller" and having less width+reach.

Is there a way to ditch weapons so you can pickup others?
Why yes, and there's more!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 04:07:45 pm by noodle0117 »

Rebel Crusader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2017, 02:57:38 am »

Ah! That's pretty cool! Throwing is indeed a cool feature.

How many players will be able to play the game simultaneously? Will there be bots?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 08:46:41 am »

In the campaign/single player, do you plan on having the player have a way to upgrade their character over time? Like, after completing a level, you get a skill point which can be spent on simple things like starting out with a particular weapon or throwing further/stronger, or more complex things like new abilities?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 02:04:32 am »

How many players will be able to play the game simultaneously? Will there be bots?

Testing out multiplayer at the moment. There will certainly be bots that fight back.

In the campaign/single player, do you plan on having the player have a way to upgrade their character over time?
Not in the way you're thinking of. It's a bit early to go into detail about a campaign but any "upgrades" you receive will be purely external. Better weapons, better choices between armor, possibly different engines and a few bonus add-ons (a personal mini attack drone perhaps), but in the end once you throw away your weapon and have your armor beaten off of you, you're not much different than what you started out with.
Pages: 1 [2]