Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Digging Too Deep: Call of Cthulhu D20 OOC  (Read 5745 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Digging Too Deep: Call of Cthulhu D20 OOC
« on: April 06, 2017, 08:39:37 pm »

Nestled among rolling green hills is the quite city of Silverbow, population thirty-thousand give or take. Its a city often described as "picturesque" by those passing through. Even apparent blemishes-such as the massive pit left by Copperhead corporation's mining operations have been turned into something of a tourist attraction fit for the postcards. The buildings of the city have an antique feel to them, most of main street is occupied by red-bricked buildings older than your grandparents. Modern buildings exist as well, especially around the suburbs, though they often feel out of place. All in all it is a fairly average city....

Right?

"Tap....tap....tap...." An old man sits at the bar in a coffee shop. He is wearing a practical outfit-blue jeans and a work shirt, both stained in what is apparently (mostly) coffee. His drink, the strongest the shop had to offer, ripples three times as he taps on the bar with his finger. "Tap....tap....tap" Of course-that isn't the most obvious trait of the man. His hair is wild and dirty, his face is covered in at least a couple days worth of stubble. If not for the fact he paid in advance with a generous tip, everyone in the room would assume he was homeless. "Tap.......tap....tap...." But it was his eyes that drew you in. Bloodshot as you have ever seen, something was obviously wrong with him.

His body contorted-something between crying, laughing, and coughing. It goes still once again just as abruptly. "Tap....tap....tap...."

~Hello Bay12~! Stirk is here once again to GM a classic! Apparently everyone has heard of Call of Cthulhu, but few people have *actually* played it. Well there is an obvious way to fix that, isn't there? This game will be using the D20 rules (A system different from the *true* classic Coc, but I figured that the potential players would tend to be more familiar with this system. Besides, it has a better gun library~).

If you are interested in joining, or having any questions about the game, feel free to hop over to the Discord or push a PM to me so you can get started on making your character! I'm not counting on an absurd turnout, so I won't bother putting up a limit :P. Feel free to join at any time- even after the game starts. CoC is a lethal game (especially compared to what is typical to this forum), so new spots are bound to open up eventually  ;). The game will start when enough players are ready. 

Characters:
Spoiler: thatroleplayerGal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: S34N1C (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elvish Miner (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roboson (click to show/hide)

((IC here))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:27:33 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
Re: Digging....: Call of Cthulhu D20 OOC
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:56:20 pm »

ah

hm

I used to play Arkham Horror, a board game that used the Call of Cthulhu lore rather than just the base Lovecraft lore, so I'm pretty curious about this.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Digging Too Deep: Call of Cthulhu D20 OOC
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:06:37 pm »

I've heard a bit about this game. What's the game's closest thing to a spellcaster? Also, who would win; Derm, or Old Man Henderson?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:09:52 pm »

I've heard a bit about this game. What's the game's closest thing to a spellcaster? Also, who would win; Derm, or Old Man Henderson?

The game has magic and spellcasters. It just makes you go insane :P. And if anyone makes a Henderson, I'm stabbing them. I have had at least three Henderson ripoffs and am bored with them :0

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 09:32:24 pm »

I didn't want to make a Henderson. Anyway, how do I sign up?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 09:33:50 pm »

I didn't want to make a Henderson. Anyway, how do I sign up?

Go to the discord and/or PM me.

Also, to answer your other question, I have no idea who Derm is :0.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 11:30:58 am »

So far we have a paramedic for keeping everyone alive and a spell users to make her job hard. Who's next?

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 12:21:19 pm »

So far we have a paramedic for keeping everyone alive and a spell users to make her job hard. Who's next?
Did Mr. Spell User ever send in his character sheet yet?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 01:24:49 pm »

Did Mr. Spell User ever send in his character sheet yet?

He's started on it.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 01:27:25 pm »

I've wanted to play CoC for a while. Any rules I should know about in chargen?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 03:00:54 pm »

He doesn't want you to roll your attribute points yourself. That's the only special rule he told me about. :P

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 05:58:09 pm »

I'll walk you through it if you want, I do have to make a couple of rolls anyway :P.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 07:29:39 pm »

I'll walk you through it if you want, I do have to make a couple of rolls anyway :P.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 08:22:24 pm »

CloCt?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 12:36:32 am »

Ooh.

Eldritch.

*starts 300-page backstory*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4