Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Digging Too Deep: Call of Cthulhu D20 OOC  (Read 5826 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Digging Too Deep: Call of Cthulhu D20 OOC
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2017, 04:13:44 am »

Um, core skills max rank is level+3. So 4, 1+3, in our case. Non-core is half that, 2.

Also skill points are (8+Int Modifier)*4, so you only have 32, (8+0)*4, not 40.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 01:04:12 pm »

The game has now OFFICIALLY STARTED! (Mostly because I am sick of waiting :p). Most of you are currently in the coffee shop, unless specified otherwise. Several of you will be receiving PMs personalized to your character if you are not in the bar, or otherwise have information that others lack. Feel free to post your actions now anyway!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2017, 01:34:11 pm »

I'm afraid that, for reasons that I won't describe here, I'm going to have to drop out of this game.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2017, 05:06:15 pm »

First to speak = first dibs on color text  :P

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2017, 07:13:05 am »

Is it too late to join? Creating character now.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:22:04 am by Mardent23 »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 08:54:51 am »

Feel free to join at any time- even after the game starts.
Maybe something to this effect should be in the title, people might actually read it.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2017, 11:19:40 am »

Sorry aout that. I didn't see it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:21:21 am by Mardent23 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 03:15:05 pm »

Alright, pacing check time! Anyone have any comments/questions/concerns? It has been going fairly slowly for a couple of characters, and many of you haven't posted in a while. Some people who have completed/nearly completed characters haven't posted yet, and now would be a good time to reaffirm your interest or state your disinterest.

After a couple of characters finish their action threads, I'll probably let everyone do whatever they need to for the day. If you arn't currently doing any investigative things, feel free to state what you want to do until the night.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2017, 03:53:12 pm »

I legitimately want to finish my character, but I'm lacking the time necessary to finish him and the inspiration needed for the backstory/personality.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2017, 05:08:44 pm »

Still no hurry. Finals week is incoming and I'll be crunching it myself. I just want to make sure everyone hasn't gotten bored and left already :P.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 05:59:42 pm »

Sorry I haven't posted my character. I've  kind of gotten myself swamped with RPs.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 06:01:15 pm »

Pfp

Just looking to finish the conversation (is that going too slowly? Am content to not act them out line by line if preferred.), then unless I can find a non-creeper way to visit Mrs C will probably research the guy/his work from a hotel with WiFi. (Probably his work, no way to ask his name without being awkward at this point  :-[)

Also, should I be pming actions or anything, sort of figured that is what the others were doing.

Edit:May not be as available in coming days, computer is unreliable, and course is wrapping up, big assessments and the like.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:29:31 pm by Cain12 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 06:31:11 pm »

Pfp

Just looking to finish the conversation (is that going too slowly? Am content to not act them out line by line if preferred.), then unless I can find a non-creeper way to visit Mrs C will research the guy/his work from a hotel with WiFi. (Probably his work, no way to ask his name without being awkward at this point  :-[)

Also, should I be pming actions or anything, sort of figured that is what the others were doing.

No, the conversation is going the perfect rate  :P. Your conman is surprisingly concerned about being polite. Most of the other characters are doing things alone, which is done via PM for a combination of flavor and practical purposes (it means that information is harder to trade, and I think it makes it feel more personal). I thought about moving your actions to PM, but kept them in the IC just so the thread wouldn't die :P.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 06:22:32 am »

Pfp

Glad to hear most of that. Good to learn they didn't just disappear, though does leave me feeling exposed in comparison.  :P (Has the eager stalker detective got himself arrested yet?)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:15:33 am by Cain12 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2017, 12:50:52 am »

He has been devoured by one of the other characters, believe it or not.

Anyway, finals are coming up. Won't be able to update until late Monday/maybe Tuesday.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4