Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [43.05] Kyubee's Expanded Races; Troglodytes, Kobolds, and alcoholic porcupines  (Read 9036 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Trog Fortress
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2017, 09:37:41 pm »

Yes, then add [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:QUILL:QUILL] with the first being the body part you want to give a tissue, and the second being the name of your tissue. Here's an example from my own work;
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:OLDBONE]
[TISSUE_NAME:weathered bone:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:COPPER]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:OLDBONE]

im still getting

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

speaking of, can you tell whats wrong with phantom scorpions?
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2017, 10:24:04 pm »

According to that errorlog, the quills are still trying to refer to a Quill tissue template. As for the Phantom Scorpion thing, I'm guessing you made the same mistake I did and named the syndrome-carrying material one thing and then attempted to call it another thing later.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2017, 10:40:36 pm »

According to that errorlog, the quills are still trying to refer to a Quill tissue template. As for the Phantom Scorpion thing, I'm guessing you made the same mistake I did and named the syndrome-carrying material one thing and then attempted to call it another thing later.

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:VENOM:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen phantom scorpion venom]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen phantom scorpion venom]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:phantom scorpion venom]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:phantom scorpion venom]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling phantom scorpion venom]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling phantom scorpion venom]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:phantom scorpion sting]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SCORPION_PHANTOM:ALL]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:300:PROB:100:START:5:PEAK:10:END:33600]
[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:65:PROB:100:START:5:PEAK:10:END:33600]
[ATTACK:STING:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:STINGER]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:sting:stings]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:5]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID:100:100]

This is the code for their venom. Know how I can make it work?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:57:59 pm by Kyubee »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2017, 11:09:29 pm »

Yes, I made that exact mistake  myself. The wiki example detailing how injectable syndromes work is flawed. The error lies in these two lines:

This creates a new creature material using the EXTRACT_TEMPLATE with a material identifier of VENOM

This injects a local creature material whose identifier is POISON. As there is no local creature material with that identifier, it instead uses the default material[Which I think is probably blood]. Since blood doesn't have the [ENTERS_BLOOD] tag, it just splashes harmlessly against the victims skin when the scorpion stings.

Just change the bolded argument in SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT to both say "VENOM" and it should work fine.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2017, 11:19:03 pm »

Yes, I made that exact mistake  myself. The wiki example detailing how injectable syndromes work is flawed. The error lies in these two lines:

This creates a new creature material using the EXTRACT_TEMPLATE with a material identifier of VENOM

This injects a local creature material whose identifier is POISON. As there is no local creature material with that identifier, it instead uses the default material[Which I think is probably blood]. Since blood doesn't have the [ENTERS_BLOOD] tag, it just splashes harmlessly against the victims skin when the scorpion stings.

Just change the bolded argument in SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT to both say "VENOM" and it should work fine.

Danke, fraulein! Pardon my poorly spelled german!

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 04:30:40 am »

So, I spent today from the point after I had Phantom Scorpions fixed (I simply removed Quills from Zarekians for now due to repeated annoyances, use your imagination), testing out my mod. I started off by genning a small world, and cheating a ton to make what I'm calling "The Troglodyte Tower of Pride"; an around 6 z-level tall tower of Pine Wood, with a gigantic wall of Rubber Wood around it, and two separate moats. So far it's an empty shell, with nothing underground, and no military set up yet; I'm working on it. Thus far, however, the game works as intended, albiet with minor issues like a Giant Cave Bee from Creepycaverns trying to sneak attack my trade depot. Regardless, the game has a poor frame rate due to my usual large embarks, so i havent got my first migrant wave; I hope it goes well. Tomorrow, if I'm not hanging out with my friends, the few I have offscreen, I shall spend some time working on my own expansions to caverns and good biomes, as well as some races to accompany the Zarekians, and a "special surprise"... he he he.

Unrelatedly, has anyone tried making good entities and good slow learners, seeing if they work like Goblins and their slow learner servants?

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Trog Fortress (Suggestions encouraged)
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 02:10:16 am »

So, today I got bored of not doing updates, and added six special new metals for you guys. Theres cobalt, in this mod a unique version of adamantine only refinable by Zarekians (It's heavier, but cant hold quite as much of an edge. It's about half the weight of steel, and 85% as sharp as adamantine. Does that need a buff? I didnt check steels sharpness) and five metals that have references behind them. Anybody who can identify the references, and the subreference within the same area of the same franchise (Much more subtle, needs you to find them in the raws and think about vanilla raws at the same time as a hint since nobody would get it normally) gets an artifact !☼Adamantine Star☼!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 02:12:16 am by Kyubee »

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile

I recently updated the mod; Now there are two kobold-based player races, one small, one large.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

Nice!

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile

After a long, move-and-flood-and-adaptation-to-new-home induced break, i am preparing the next version for release; I'm just working a bit on the bigger kobolds who have been my main focus since making them

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile

Finally did that update I mentioned; Now I suppose I should work on it again. Say if you encounter any bugs, mmkay guys?
Pages: 1 2 [3]