Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any way to help a civ?  (Read 2582 times)

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to help a civ?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 09:42:10 pm »

Another finding on the topic. After the fact, it occurs to me that this shouldn't have been a surprise since IIRC way back when, when the game started giving you actual historical figure migrants, it said "if possible".

I started getting migrants generated out of thin air in Landfall, and I'm guessing it's because I've emptied the pool of eligible migrants (hence my earlier conclusion about who's eligible or not), but the civ is not dead. So basically, at this point a breeding program is not a good idea. I'll increase my population cap and get the game to generate a bunch of dwarves for my civ.

Breeding programs will make sense in upcoming forts, assuming this one succeeds.

Nobak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 08:54:47 am »

A new conundrum appears!

The fort has stopped attracting migrants. And dwarven caravans. And dwarven diplomats. After taking a look in legends mode, the old queen in Pillarwashes died and was succeeded by the Militia Commander from my first fort, still a member of the associated nomadic group.

If the two are correlated, I can only hope this will get fixed when I retire Landfall, but I guess the breeding program is back on.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 09:48:48 am »

There are a number of bugs that can cause caravans and liaisons to fail to appear. Migrants can likewise be absent for several years at a time for both reasonable reasons and unknown ones. (Reasonable reasons are e.g. high death rate: who wants to migrate to a death trap)?.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 11:15:08 pm »

There are a number of bugs that can cause caravans and liaisons to fail to appear. Migrants can likewise be absent for several years at a time for both reasonable reasons and unknown ones. (Reasonable reasons are e.g. high death rate: who wants to migrate to a death trap)?.

I can concur. My last fort went 5 years without a caravan or liason, then two more years without one. I also spent a year and a half waiting on a bugged siege after that.
Pages: 1 [2]