Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Mafia Championship - Season 4  (Read 33793 times)

Thingyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mafia Championship - Season 4
« on: April 08, 2017, 01:11:49 pm »

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 4)

Hello everyone! :)

It's that time of year again. Season 4 of the Mafia Championship is upon us. I've been happy to have you guys be part of the previous seasons and am making this thread in the hopes that you'll be interested in being represented again.

The Mafia Championship is an annual online tournament series that pits representatives from various forum Mafia communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their “Champion”.

Season 1 ran in 2013-2014, while Season 2 and Season 3 ran in 2015 and 2016, respectively. As of Season 3, a total of 160 communities have been represented in the Mafia Championship, making it the largest cross-forum event on the Internet.

1. Do you accept the invite?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me before April 13 to ensure yourselves a spot. If you need more time than this to think about whether you wish to participate, let me know and I can extend the deadline.

If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 22. If this is too soon for you, again, just let me know :)

The games will take place on Mafia Universe.

The general discussion thread for S4: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/7692-Season-4-The-Time-Is-Now%21

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.
  • Relevant only to communities that participated last season: Season 3 Finalists are not eligible to play again this season.
2. Season 4 Format

The tournament structure
  • 135 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • 9 Qualifying Games will be played consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. 1 player will advance directly to the Finale Game from each Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. I.e. 9 of the 15 finalists will be found this way.
  • A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 3 will along with me discuss and vote to determine a group of 30 wildcard players who will play in 2 Semi Final Wildcard Games. From each of these two games, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game.
  • The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall hold the title of Season 4 Champion.
The setup

MOUNTAINOUS:
12 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia Goons

We’re going back to basics for Season 4. Each season we’re changing it up, and for this season it’s finally time to play without any power roles or abilities at all. Pure mafia. You have only yourself and your reading/bluffing abilities to count on.

3. Season 4 Timeline

The first Qualifying Game is currently set to start April 24th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Skype (thingyman) or Discord (Thingyman#6075).

Thingyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Championship - Season 4
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 12:27:36 pm »

If you guys would be willing to play in this, or if you have any players that you think should go, just post here in this thread :)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 08:42:23 am »

Man.  We're so dead right now we're not even joking around about which sacrificial lamb we want to send to the tournament.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 08:44:12 am »

I thought B12 normally sent NQT, and he's not here

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 08:59:57 am »

I guess he's not quite here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 10:35:15 am »

Eheh.

So who should we send?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 02:14:12 pm »

Eheh.

So who should we send?
Well, clearly there's only one w--Nose goes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 11:27:43 pm »

You probably don't want to send me :x
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 12:18:02 am »

I'd consider it.  But I'll only play at night.  And completely shitfaced. 

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 02:24:38 am »

I nominate doll and webadict, if either are willing.  Especially webadict.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 04:03:54 am »

I'm not really representative (I haven't even been in a BM!).
Also I remember when I read the tournament NQT player or subbed into or w/e the play was just atrocious, so I'll pass.

Webadict is the obvious choice as a B12 representative anyway, though he might not be as suited for the 10 posts per day minimum as I am activitywise. I also doubt he's anymore eager to deal with their shit than I am.

Selecting a representative is separate from actually agreeing to participate, anyway

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 08:01:12 am »

*is tempted to nominate Shakerag just for the shenanigans value*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 08:46:51 am »

Well, as much as I value shenanigans ...

Quote from: Mafia Universe rules
By agreeing to these rules, you affirm that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, violent, sexually-explicit, threatening, violate any laws, or otherwise violate Mafia Universe policy.

Do not degrade your fellow guests and fellow players by calling them stupid or bad.

Do not spam, troll, sabotage, or be passive-aggressive. Do not threaten or otherwise provoke people.

That's like half my playstyle right there.  Not to mention the first is mostly subjective, since what I find to be obscene or vulgar is going to be very different from most folks.

And, you know, I can only guarantee one post a day.

But other than that it would be a jolly good time.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 07:24:30 pm »

Also not degrading fellow players by calling them stupid or bad probably DQs webadict.

If webadict would like to do it, I'd like to see it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 10:15:45 pm »

I think he should get a pass.  Generally speaking, if webadict is calling you stupid or bad you done goofed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11