Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [44.12] Rhenaya's Drow, updated  (Read 24571 times)

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Rhenaya's Drow, updated
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2019, 06:36:31 am »

Also: version 0.9.0 is out, rushed a bit to let you see what I was saying about the creatures in the last post.

In the near and not so near future, I'd like to add some more creatures, some class system for the clerical powers (and other 'drow' things), some more reaction for dressing outfits, a new building, the goddess Lolth herself, dangerous rituals, some graphical improvement on the plant and objects too...

But don't know when, if and in what measure I will be able to deliver - but I'm working on learning how to.

In the mean time, getting to a final version of the shriekers and sword spiders will be a priority, as well as cleaning up the files and giving them a more readable order.
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2019, 09:59:16 am »

@Arkenor

I have no idea about how to tackle Succubus's scripts though, maybe you can ask Boltgun himself both on its succubus thread in the Masterwork forum page or in the general modding forum, he has another one for its standalone Succubus version. It is a while I don't play his mod with drow in it, I must admit, and I never played succubus in Masterwork.

Those script errors went away once I pruned the duplicate creature entries, so you should be good. Except I think you're still doubling up with Meph on RHENAYAS_DRIDER. Though that could be a result of all the moving things around I did! The new animals look awesome.

I'm using a modified good version of the drow for the surface entity, the Moon Drow, based on the followers of Eilistraee from the Forgotten Realms, as I wanted a Winter trading partner and there's already plenty of folks trying to kill me in Masterwork :D. I had a vague recollection of another major mod repurposing Rhenaya's drow in this way (Possibly Legends of the Forlorn?).It's always lovely to see them arrive :D The regular evil ones are limited to a subterranean threat. Here, if they're any use to you or someone else.    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wclsksa8wuxjznz/moon%20drow.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:43:05 pm by Arkenor »

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2019, 09:55:41 pm »

@Arkenor, thanks!
I will take a look to the moon drow, I will try to steal what I can ehm, take inspiration from you!
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2019, 12:14:05 pm »

It's mostly borrowed from you anyway. I just changed their ethics and personalities. Gave them appropriate spheres for followers of Ellistraee (Moon, Sky, Song, Dance, Beauty and Mercy). Lost the Driders. They kept spiders, but are happy to use them as beasts of burden. Still got the Quaggoth and animal men, but they're free rather than slaves. And added a few buildings and reactions from Masterwork. The Gemforge and gemcutter in particular struck me as appropriate.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 10:32:18 pm by Arkenor »

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2019, 05:31:13 pm »

snip

"I" have a fricking submod! Celebration!!!  :D 8)

Hellzs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2020, 12:57:40 am »

Been a while since I was on here, thought I would drop by to see if your still keeping this up to date and if your have thoughts about the steam update.

SeiggrainHart

• Bay Watcher
  • Order of the Black Arrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2020, 05:11:49 pm »

Yes, I too would like to know if this is up-to date as I've been thinking of adding Drow/Dark Elves to my own mod...

Hellzs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2020, 11:36:41 pm »

He could be taking a brake from the forms

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2020, 11:17:07 am »

Been a while since I was on here, thought I would drop by to see if your still keeping this up to date and if your have thoughts about the steam update.

Hello everybody: I'm still doing something on this every now and then, but definitely less then before - I have nothing to say about the steam release yet, I am less active here than I was.
The thing I wanted to improve was the class/positions system, we will see if and when it will be ready.

Hellzs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2020, 10:55:06 pm »

sweet! overjoyed to hear that your still working on it and i fully  understand taking it easy with DF since your can blink and get burned out with the game/forms/mod updates.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2021, 03:40:27 am »

It's been some time since Mediterraneo was last active, so I've been thinking, would it be okay if I made and posted an unofficial update? Mediterraneo did a good job maintaining the mod, but it still needs some balancing and tidying up.

Here's what I would do:

Drow creature:
-reduce the size of all castes to 60k,
-do away with natural skills, and replace them with slightly increased learn speed for certain skills

Other creatures:
-make spiders into proper pets, but also make their meat cause long-lasting debuffs to drow, maybe even a small chance to turn into a drider
-review sizes. Rothe should be smaller than cow, but larger than sheep; pack lizard should be huge but slow-growing,
-make blade spider chitin sharp;
-remove shriekers from pet list; I always found immobile pets a bit wonky;
-add scorrow, an alternative curse that turns drow into scorpion monsters;
-make spider venom a bit more potent; maybe cause more bleeding;
-albino drider castes;

Items:
-remove most of the drow items and replace them with vanilla ones;
-add a smaller version of the two-handed sword usable by drow and dwarves;
-buff the scourge of fangs a bit (?);
-turn the pair of katars into a single katar item

Interactions:
-nerf faerie fire A LOT;
-dancing lights for rothe (?);
-make cursed drow turn into driders of appropriate caste;

Entity:
-see if drow still have trouble expanding, and fix it;
-make trolls never appear in drow civs. This is because trolls don't have value, and to promote the use of quaggoths;
-fix the matriarch positions so there are three instead of four;
-do something with the high matriarch position. It just doesn't really fit thematically;
-add more spheres so drow names are more varied;

My update would be a substantial nerf to the drow in fort mode, but that's what they deserve.

Should I so this? It may go against Rhenaya's or Mediterraneo's vision in some way, but I will explicitly say that this is by no mean a official release. Besides, the link in the first post will still be there.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2021, 12:53:10 pm »

I wouldn't mind it. I just like that people have been keeping Rhenaya's work alive for so long.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2021, 03:01:07 am »

-albino drider castes;

-remove most of the drow items and replace them with vanilla ones;
-add a smaller version of the two-handed sword usable by drow and dwarves;

-see if drow still have trouble expanding, and fix it;
-make trolls never appear in drow civs.

albino driders ? Interesting...

There are a lot of drow weapons that I've never used, either from Rhenaya's original.
What I've thought of though, is something that I've done in my own modding efforts - split entities into different groups based on biomes, and allocate some, but not all, of the items to them. Like... I made the human civ into 3 civs, and changed their biomes, so you'd get a temperate human civ, a tropical one etc. And then restricted human turbans and scimitars to the tropical one, for example. So that there'd be variation in the kinds of human civs that you'd encounter.
Perhaps something similar could be done there. Split the drow entity into biome variants, and give some weapons to one drow civ, different weapons to another.

The expansion thing, I thought was solved ? it was to do with their biome preferences ? Unfortunately, subterranean preferences don't work too well, so what I did in my own changes, was to change their biome prefs to those of dwarfs, and then the drow civs would endure and expand. Possibly not ideally fitting with the lore, but it does at least work with the current mechanics.

Trolls, yeah. I've not been able to understand yet, how the animal restrictions work, and how to stop e.g. goblins from having drow lizards. So sorting that out would be good.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2021, 12:18:22 pm »

Albino driders are no big deal, just recolored castes for albino drow to turn into when they eat too much spider meat.

I don't want to make any more civs right now. Sure, there are the scorpion-worshipping jungle drow of Eberron, though I don't think they are worth inserting into the mod.
The weapons are good as they are, but there's no need to specify that they are drow-made, same for clothes.

Goblins use animals from the first cavern layer and the evil ones. Lizards are evil for some reason. I'll remove the EVIL tokens so goblins don't bring lizards anymore. Same for spiders and quaggoths. Drow should be able to use either only drow pets, or cave pets other than trolls. Beak dogs don't fit drow all that well.

Expansion problems might have been fixed, I don't know for sure. Once I finish working on entities, I'll do some test runs. Meanwhile:

Spoiler: Changes so far: (click to show/hide)

Stay tuned for more info on Rhenaya's Drow, unofficial branch! Coming soon in a separate thread once it's ready for release.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]