Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan Turn 8: Our Heroes Beat-Down One of Their Own, heh  (Read 18805 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan: Turn 6: A Hideous Wolf Shows Up
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2017, 10:12:15 am »

Technically speaking it was an accident... it just so happened to be an accident I was perfectly fine with.

Also, THERE'S A GIANT FUCKING WEREWOLF IN THE DOORWAY AND NONE OF YOU ARE SCARED!? IT'S THE LOGIC-wait. It's logical... Weeeeeeeeell theeeeeeeeen...

"Oooh, a giant werewolf. Intresting. Hmmm, something appears to be horibbly wrong. I am suddenly feeling overwhelming stupi-*UGH* EVERYTHING IS FINE! OH LOOK! PUPPY! YAY!"
HUG PUPPY!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:21:21 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2017, 01:44:45 pm »

I'm enjoying pretty much everything about this. When I make the turn, I'm gonna go with the ruling that an opponent constitutes anyone who would want to try to avert the spellcasting. The wolf is close enough that she could probably attempt to close the distance and stop it, but that might not work and may be extremely counterproductive for fairly obvious and extremely circumstantial reasons. The category of 'opponent' is fairly subjective, anyway. Additionally, whether sleep is untargetable or not doesn't seem clearly defined, so I'm gonna roll for him accidentally winging extra dudes with it.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2017, 02:08:12 pm »

((I'm thinking about the D&D3.5e Sleep spell as the wording is somewhat similar. The difference being that the D&D spell was a 10 foot AoE that could be cast at a range of up to 300 ft. But in the end it's really up to the GM.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2017, 02:17:23 pm »

I'm enjoying pretty much everything about this. When I make the turn, I'm gonna go with the ruling that an opponent constitutes anyone who would want to try to avert the spellcasting. The wolf is close enough that she could probably attempt to close the distance and stop it, but that might not work and may be extremely counterproductive for fairly obvious and extremely circumstantial reasons. The category of 'opponent' is fairly subjective, anyway. Additionally, whether sleep is untargetable or not doesn't seem clearly defined, so I'm gonna roll for him accidentally winging extra dudes with it.
I'm a person who would want to avert the spellcasting...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2017, 02:20:41 pm »

...You guys do realise I am serious about my new action, right?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2017, 02:31:10 pm »

((Oh I actually thought you were going to do one right after the other. You might want to strike out the old action if you don't want to do it anymore. Or leave it as is. It would be pretty funny that way actually.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2017, 02:50:27 pm »

My action (as has been outlined earlier) is protecting Fath and stopping Lootington's spell.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2017, 04:25:19 pm »

((Oh I actually thought you were going to do one right after the other. You might want to strike out the old action if you don't want to do it anymore. Or leave it as is. It would be pretty funny that way actually.))
We're waiting on the duck, but this clarification would be useful too.

((Lootington's the only sane one in the whole damn party. There's a freaking big scary dungeon-wolf right there! ...Oh yeah, and I should really finish my sheet.))   
You could just be some dude with an axe and a helmet that looks like a skull, or something like that. That is an acceptable level of backstory for this game.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan (3/?)
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2017, 04:30:27 pm »

Backstory: Deikos is a knight. He does knightly things.
That was an acceptable level of backstory for this game.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2017, 04:40:17 pm »

"BLOOD FOR MY ANCESTORS! BLOOD FOR AZIRKAN!"

Stop whirling long enough to pounce at the remaining trog.
It'd also be good to know which trog Akashir's about to mangle. It's important to the ~*~ tactical situation ~*~

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2017, 07:16:42 pm »

"BLOOD FOR MY ANCESTORS! BLOOD FOR AZIRKAN!"

Stop whirling long enough to pounce at the remaining trog.
It'd also be good to know which trog Akashir's about to mangle. It's important to the ~*~ tactical situation ~*~

Fix'd. Your drawing is really confusing.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2017, 10:53:52 pm »

Personally, I like how the map is as chaotic and hard to comprehend as a drunken brawl.

It's an accurate portrayal of the situation.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2017, 01:05:44 pm »

At the sight of the wolf, Quack-Quack stumbles backward, quickly scrambles to his feet, and brandishes his mace in a vain effort to look intimidating.

*In Quack* "By the Gods that is a big, big dog..."

*In Common with a heavy accent* "Stay back ye flea-bitten cure! Ol' Quack-Quack'll be no-one's snack, ye wanna come on n' get some? Go 'head, but Ol' Quack-Quack won't hold back!"

Quack-Quack brandishes his mace in an effort to appear intimidating.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2017, 02:55:12 pm »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T  U  R  N      7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room erupts into a hive of chaotic activity all at once. The snow elf starts yipping and barking, and the wolf starts howling back. Deikos unhands the troglodyte and greets the wolf, a stupid drunken grin on his face behind his visored helm. The duck shouts and brandishes his mace, droplets of blood flying off the head. Akashir turns and lunges toward the trog in the corner, [6+1 vs 4 AC] -3 HP! (2 HP remaining.) Giving it a rough whap on the top of its head and slicing a laceration into its face and scalp. [6] The trog wails in pain and bolts out of the room as several things happen all at once:

Sir Lootington mumbles an arcane formula, gesticulating towards the wolf. The trog locked in combat with him swipes at him with a bone, but fails to connect [2 vs 4 AC]. Jacob leans over tries to buffet him on the jaw with his fist, [2 vs 4 AC] but also comes up short. Between dodging a fist and a sharpened bone, the badly injured wizard is forced to stop chanting. Fath immediately picks up a different chant, quickly casting a spell of his own. His form seems to blur and distort, and then there are three of him, slowly getting on their feet in different parts of the room. Between the sudden profusion of dwarves, the screaming duck, the angry masked warrior, and the giant wolf, the remaining trog is apparently done with this and [5] shoves Lootington aside and sprints out of the room and down the hallway, screaming.

All enemies have been killed or routed!

There is a momentary awkward silence, and then Sir Lootington hugs the wolf. (Not pictured: Sir Lootington hugging the wolf.)

Current state of the party, as rendered by the briefly proposed marching order:
Fath: 1/5 HP, 5 AC, one eye.
Sir Deikos: 6/6 HP, 6 AC, starting to get a hangover while still drunk.
Jacob Diamonds: 3/3 HP, 6 AC.
Quack Quack: 3/3 HP, 6 AC.
Sir Lootington: 1/4 HP, 4 AC.
Akashir Azirkan: 4/4 HP, 5 AC.

Standing in front of the party, a talking wolf that does not seem interested in attacking them:
Theta: 3/3 HP, 3 AC.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan: Turn 7: The Troglodytes Routed
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2017, 03:27:08 pm »

"Heh heh, pretty stars."
Sir Lootington collapses and starts snoring.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13