Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan Turn 8: Our Heroes Beat-Down One of Their Own, heh  (Read 18424 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan: Turn 7: The Troglodytes Routed
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2017, 06:05:57 pm »

Just waiting on the duck.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2017, 07:20:53 am »

For two days?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2017, 02:14:53 pm »

Just waiting on the duck.
For two days?

((OOC: Sorry, haven't been able to access the internet lately.))

Quack-Quack fidgets with his mace.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2017, 11:56:53 am »

Holy quack.

ITS BACK AND I DIDN'T NOTICED?

for now PTW later i will probably join.

and roll for everything possible when creating a character because i love random stuff.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2017, 12:07:59 pm »

Holy quack.

ITS BACK AND I DIDN'T NOTICED?

for now PTW later i will probably join.

and roll for everything possible when creating a character because i love random stuff.
ALL PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY OMADA

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan (3/?)
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2017, 01:59:54 pm »

How did Omada even get to play as a duck in the first place?
I gave a weird name with ducks in it "duckington" and Inaluct decided that i was really a duck, and i loved it UHSAHUSAHUSAHU

One of my favourite parts about the first Roguelike is that it was a duck barbarian who caused ducks to be recognized as a civilized race.

Fun fact: When i made Querint i was not making a duck joke this time, i was expecting to roleplay a perfectly normal dwarf, but he died in the first turn.

For me the people recovered the duckington's body and thought he is Querint, and now Querint name is remembered but his body abandoned in the basement, and Duckington was forgot and his body is in a tomb without his name.

Okay, for the first character i WILL play as a duck
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:57:03 am by omada »
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2017, 03:10:42 pm »

slp revuekat elitsoh
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2017, 07:31:23 pm »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
T  U  R  N      8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The badly wounded wizard hits the floor like it cheated on him and asked for a divorce, and he starts snoring loudly enough that it faintly echoes in the dungeon. All of the dwarves start lying down and looking around expectantly, waiting to get healed. [5] Jacob takes a look at the dwarves (?) and quickly realizes that there's really nothing to be done about the eyes. He tears a few strips of cloth from Sir Lootington's robe and binds them around the dwarves' charred eyesockets. It'll at least keep anything from getting in there, and it looks kind of intimidating. As he finishes patching the first one, he looks up and sees that the other two have already been bandaged. Fath gains 1 HP!

Sir Deikos watches angrily as Jacob turns and grabs the crossbow and starts scooping up coins. The room spins fuzzily. How are they gonna have good shares for everyone if this SNOW ELF takes so much?! There are like six maimed dwarves here! Deikos looks around the room and waits for his eyes to focus. Yeah, six! He grunts aggressively and staggers over, Akashir coming with him, and the two loom menacingly over the snow elf! [1+1 vs 6 AC] Sir Deikos shoves Jacob, but is sort of off balance himself and falls over with a clatter of plate mail. [4+1+1 vs 6 AC] Akashir, however, is not drunk on anything other than bloodlust and punches Jacob square on the jaw. -6 stun HP! The pale elf drops like a sack of potatoes, landing face down on the floor completely limp and completely unconscious. He sort of falls in a puddle of gore, and with a splash and a squelch an odd-looking eyeball gently rolls over to Fath. The dwarves pick it up and examine it; it's the intact eyeball of the subhuman who Quack Quack messily decapitated. The iris is slitted and yellow.

Speaking of Quack Quack, he fidgets with his mace as the wolf watches the scene and tries to get a word in. [4] Upon looking again, the wolf is actually really small and cute and it seems to know how to talk. More eloquently than most of the rest of the party. Quack Quack's been around the block a few times, and has a pretty good feeling about this magic talking dog. wolf.

Akashir helps Deikos up and they quickly assemble the bags of coins, crossbow, bear trap, mandrill-head jar, and jewelry into a pile and shove it in various bags and packs for easy transport.

Current state of the party, as rendered by the briefly proposed marching order:
Fath: 2/5 HP, 5 AC, one eye.
Sir Deikos: 6/6 HP, 6 AC, carrying a bunch of loot. Double vision prevents accurate dwarf-count.
Jacob Diamonds: 3/3 HP, 6 AC, -3 stun HP, totally unresponsive, face down in a puddle of gore.
Quack Quack: 3/3 HP, 6 AC.
Sir Lootington: 1/4 HP, 4 AC, fast asleep.
Akashir Azirkan: 4/4 HP, 5 AC, carrying a bunch of loot.
Theta: 3/3 HP, 3 AC.

(If Akashir was actually going for a more brutal kind of lethal beatdown, I'll change the turn.)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROGUELIKE 2: Sword of Azirkan (3/?)
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2017, 07:37:21 pm »

Omada's character:

Dark Feather sits in the corner of the tavern, watching warily as less mysterious adventurers plan their delves. A group of particularly belligerent and disorganized ones went down to the basement less than half an hour ago. Maybe they'll be back soon. Until then, this castle was a stronghold of the followers of the lion-headed Ong in ancient times. Surely its byzantine depths must hold many secrets, and many clues as to where the evil sect is strongest and where his father may be held. There are even rumors that the cult is still active here, deep underground...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:42:19 pm by inaluct »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... you guys suck.

Wake up.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

Thank Akashir
Give Quack Quack a handful of coins
Attempt to rouse Sir Lootington
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

*SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE*
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Assist Jacob. He's one of the only sane people around. Also pocket the eye, and make sure I'm behind the guys that beat up Jacob next time a fight starts.

I'm starting to think that the monsters are only the third most dangerous thing down here, behind traps and allies.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile

"With an Azirkan, greed gets you nowhere but face-down on the ground."

Distribute my coins amongst party members, excluding Jacob. I want that bear-trap, though.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile

The wheel of stupid choices start spinning.

He first needs to get stronger

As his father, and grand father and so on did...

Offer his services to the local smiths/guards/merchants in or out the dungeon
 aka: look for quests.

See if there were criminals hiding in the basement and let the guards know that he might help.

Tell the smiths/tanners/whatever that he wants to know better how to work their work, if labour and help between trips to the basement isn't enough offer to get special stuff they might want underground.

Try to convince the merchants that if they help him he might bring shiny stuff back to then

Use papers and ink to make a contract if necessary

If shit goes to the fan run as fast as I can to the dungeon before i get the same destiny of the rest of the family

I know my luck, I wouldn't be surprised if i roll a 1 in the first test
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13