Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Viking: Sea Wolves-Chapter 1: Fur and Fang  (Read 24874 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Viking: Sea Wolves-Chapter 1: Fur and Fang
« on: April 10, 2017, 06:01:25 pm »

You and your fellow raiders marched half a day to the monastery. The rain soaked through your mail and leather, leaving you cold and sullen. Captain Kejak Ironsides learned of this monastery through a monk taken captive in a raid two years ago.

Unfortunately, the southerners somehow of your coming, and laid an ambush for you. A rain of arrows and screaming footmen came charging down the hills to right, and out of the woods to your left. If you were lesser men, this might have spelled your doom.

But you are not a lesser man. You are a Sea Wolf! One of Crom's chosen! You and your people have brought fire and terror for generations, and today is no different. The foeman will learn what a true warrior is when our axes split their shields and our swords spill their blood!

How will you fight?

A.   Charge them with your squad (ferocity) (Desperate risk, Great effect)
B.   Form a shieldwall with your squad (Resolve) (normal risk, normal effect)
C.   Shoot the archers with your bow (if you have one)( normal risk, normal effect)
D.   Something else.

Welcome to Viking: Sea Wolves! You and up to three others are capable warriors of the Sea Wolves, a band of Viking marauders. You pillage and plunder, and bring death and ruin to your enemies, and needed goods back to your people so that they survive another coming winter.

Your Viking has 3 stats
Ferocity: Attack, Martial, Anger, Intimidation, Berserker
Resolve: Defense, Determination, Endurance, Stubbornness, Smithing, Juggernaut
Cunning: Speed, Persuasiveness, Quick-witted, Deceitful, Archery, Looting

You decide what skill you use! Either use one that best fits the situation, or try to use the one that you have the highest points in! But if your action doesn’t fit your stat, expect some difficulties when you use ferocity to calm a crying child.
There are also numerous skills you can get that make you able to do a certain task well, such as dual wielding, sorcery, smithing, command.

Roles work by rolling the number of points you have in dice (i.e. 2 points equal 2 dice) A 6 is the best result, putting you closer to your goals with little to no negative to you. A 4 and 5 is still successful, but depending on the risk and effect of the roll, may have little negatives, to being harmful. 3 is either you succeed, but at great cost, or reassess and attempt to approach from a different angle . 1 or 2 are failures, either increasing risk or lowering effect of your next actions.

Spoiler: Fate Points (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Who are you? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weapon Categories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dark Bargain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Command (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resisting damage (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Group Actions (click to show/hide)

So post your character, and your first actions! Remember, you and the other protagonists are badasses. You will fight tooth and nail to really claim a place in the world, but you are favored by fate, and that gives you a chance of carving out a great destiny for yourself. The challenges you face will be decided by yourself, and who you test yourself against. Don’t be afraid to push yourself, as that is where glory is won. May your saga be long, and your victories many!

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 06:04:20 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viking: Sea Wolves
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 09:37:48 am »

Characters:

Spoiler: Frømund Thormodsson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Einar Kolsson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Sea Wolves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Secondary Characters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:47:51 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 10:12:11 am »

VIKING GAMES O_O

Where's the weapon categories you need listed? :P
Also this seems like your first game! :O Cheers with your first topic! \o/

C
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:16:31 am by Tiruin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 01:00:56 pm »

VIKING GAMES O_O

Where's the weapon categories you need listed? :P
Also this seems like your first game! :O Cheers with your first topic! \o/

C

Looks good! Added the weapon categories, thanks  :D
Thanks for the support, am excited to stop lurking and make a game!  :)

Lorknis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 02:36:02 pm »

Also thanks mate, you've given me something new to read when I have nothing to do. Cheers!

B

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 07:39:22 pm »

Also thanks mate, you've given me something new to read when I have nothing to do. Cheers!

B
Awesome, looks good! Will probably start tomorrow, there is still have room for two more people though!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 07:49:52 pm »

B
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 10:03:05 pm »

B
+1
Err, this isn't a suggestion game XD It's a 'make your character and suggestably go with choices the GM does but this is a player game'. :3

SO MAKE YOUR SHEET. Also we probably need a commander who would act like a de facto party leader since I assume none of us are going to be 'full raid leaders' yet, and all that.

Also yay weapon categories \o/

-Bow with seax, please!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 10:25:50 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 05:58:29 am »

Tir asked me to play. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

B; Einar lends his shield-arm to the wall being formed.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:39:51 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 06:37:12 am »

Tir asked me to play. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

B; Einar lends his shield-arm to the wall being formed.
I should've asked to be discreet too D:< as I said 'click this link [I think you'll enjoy it]' :P
Also 3 max in any stat. I'm...now that I re-read it, I'm unsure what the roll 2 means.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 06:40:54 am »

Fix'd. :P What roll 2 means is that if you need to make a roll for a stat you have zero in, he rolls two different dice and uses the one with the worse result; a 5 & 6 will result in 5, a 2 & 4 results in 2, etc. Otherwise, he rolls the number of dice as you have points (you would get 3d6 rolled for Cunning checks, for instance) and I guess chooses the best result?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 08:20:36 am »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 09:40:54 am »

Fix'd. :P What roll 2 means is that if you need to make a roll for a stat you have zero in, he rolls two different dice and uses the one with the worse result; a 5 & 6 will result in 5, a 2 & 4 results in 2, etc. Otherwise, he rolls the number of dice as you have points (you would get 3d6 rolled for Cunning checks, for instance) and I guess chooses the best result?

Exactly right! Character also looks great, I will wait a bit for a fourth, but will start this afternoon either way.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 10:10:14 am »

Err, this isn't a suggestion game XD It's a 'make your character and suggestably go with choices the GM does but this is a player game'. :3

SO MAKE YOUR SHEET. Also we probably need a commander who would act like a de facto party leader since I assume none of us are going to be 'full raid leaders' yet, and all that.

Right ok here a sheet
Spoiler: Sihylde Norheim (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 11:21:11 am »

Right ok here a sheet
Spoiler: Sihylde Norheim (click to show/hide)

Alright looks good! Got all four protagonists, now just taking secondary characters. Just to check Funk, are you charging the enemy, joining the shield wall, or something else?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:07:48 pm by chubby2man »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25