Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Viking: Sea Wolves-Chapter 1: Fur and Fang  (Read 24857 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viking: Sea Wolves
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2017, 04:24:17 pm »

Do the raiders under you also follow Crom?
Of course they do there warriors!.

So I'm thinking I'll see about giving out the Sea Wolves next task tonight, so you have until tomorrow when the company actually departs to make a purchase or spend or experience. Unless you would rather stay in town for a few more IRL life days.

I'm away over the weekend, just so you know what's up if i miss a few up dates.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2017, 09:39:29 pm »

((If I'm able I'll buy Juggernaut for 10 XP if I can and save the other 5))
((In which literally everyone but me, Mardent, and Einar, are Juggernauts :V Yay y'all!))

Uhh, I'm spending my personal coin on this!

Jora buys a modified and customized/commissioned quiver, to hold all her arrows/special arrows (fire/whistling arrows), and a compartment in that thing for medical aids. (So I can free up my 2 slot inventory \o/)

If possible, she also buys specialized arrows for...rudimentary things, like grappling ropes or bodkin arrows.
Or if not possible (but still having coin for upgrading), do upgrade my bow!
...Prioritize also buying armor if possible .-.;

Skjære is going to  upgrade his spear, and then try and network with some of the other residents.
((This dude gets part of my cash in it btw. Me and those under me share a communal pot :3 wherein 90% of my funds are in there anyway.))

((I assume there's a community culture present that helps those who've had family lost in the raids? I kinda feel like that would've been my month-action, to search and help out those folks who're sad and feeling lost and all, or at least organizing something to help them while we're gone. Like our past Captain's widow?))

Also Lorknis hasn't posted yet D: Hope he's okay! (Maybe he can retroactively trait up in the future :x because of personal concerns)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 09:56:46 pm by Tiruin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2017, 10:47:57 pm »

A month has passed, with the Sea Wolves back home in the town of Freysakr. Wounds were tended to, new warriors trained, and armor and weapons mended. The leaders of the Sea Wolves took care of personal and company business.
Jora was the one to bring Captain Kejak's sword back to his wife and son. The woman's eyes were red from weeping. The young man was pale faced, and Jora could see the exhaustion in it. She told them that he was a great leader, and fell in battle like he had always wanted. The son took the sword and stared at it for a moment. He looked at Jora an asked to be taken on as a warrior, to honor his father's memory. His mother protested angrily at this, and Jora asked for more time to consider his request (Another Secondary character possibility here  :P)
The summer was beginning to end, and the first hints of harvest time coming when Thane Evarson summoned the leaders of the company of Sea Wolves.

"I have concerning news. The situation in the Neck is deteriorating. The beastmen have grown more bold, and are beginning to launch raids up the coast. We have an outpost on a small island called Varper. The finishing touches on your new ship are being done as we speak. I need you to take 25 or so men to reinforce the island, and resupply it. They have also located a beastmen encampment, and I need you to destroy it."
He shook his head and sighed.
"The Jarls have grown complacent. The believe our victories of 20 years ago still keep the beasts at bay. But they do not acknowledge the blood that we spill in the name of all Nords, to keep them safe. This is why the Sea Wolves were made. This will not be easy, but it must be done. Finish your preparations, you set sail in a day or two."

Group
Loot: Have you decided to trade the captives for coins? If you are going to keep a few, how many?
Are you doing like 2 coins per person, and the rest in the company pot?

Tir
-Okay, special quiver for 1 coin is good!
-grappling ropes and bodkin arrows are easy enough to acquire for you without having to spend
-Armor would cost 1 coin as well, just confirm if you want it.
-Hehe I was wondering if anyone would remember the old captain and his son.
Mardent
-I'm pretty sure Jora would give you a coin for the nicer spear, so thats good.
-any particular resident you try to network with?
Funk
That's fine, I don't know if you would see this in time, but would you want Sihylde to stay out of this raid, or do you want her to follow the general direction of the group? Just a warning she may get harmed, so it is up to you.

Lorknis
Hmm hopefully he is just busy! That being said, I may shift Fromund temporarily to a secondary character position, and make Kol a protagonist if he doesn't post by tomorrow.

Taricus
That works! Like I said above, I may promote Kol up to protagonist if Lorknis doesn't make an update by tomorrow.

Everyone again
I'll try to update your character sheets on the first page tomorrow. But it would be helpful if you would include an updated version of your character sheet on your next post, so I can make sure that we are on the same page. Include any new traits and/or equipment you have. Thank you!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2017, 11:13:39 pm »

Some of the other Thrall-sons  Thrall-daughters. I have big plans... ;)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2017, 11:16:43 pm »

-Hehe I was wondering if anyone would remember the old captain and his son.
I'm spending my month-action on this :3 As well as forwarding the ol' Captain's words (and visiting that one other dead warrior's family too)

A month has passed, with the Sea Wolves back home in the town of Freysakr. Wounds were tended to, new warriors trained, and armor and weapons mended. The leaders of the Sea Wolves took care of personal and company business.
Jora was the one to bring Captain Kejak's sword back to his wife and son. The woman's eyes were red from weeping. The young man was pale faced, and Jora could see the exhaustion in it. She told them that he was a great leader, and fell in battle like he had always wanted. The son took the sword and stared at it for a moment. He looked at Jora an asked to be taken on as a warrior, to honor his father's memory. His mother protested angrily at this, and Jora asked for more time to consider his request (Another Secondary character possibility here  :P)
((So there's a secret player wanting to be IN, EH? SURE!))
"Most of my family comes with me, even my mother who stays at home--lonely, but with family; the community. Your son aspires too, but if there will be any concerns, your family is always the community: I can give word to my mother to meet you someday too." Jora said, as she accepted that he would need time with his mother too.

She closed the door to their home quietly, having a confident feeling in her chest. Less than a week ago, she had been accepted and confirmed as a credible healer in the field--yet she understood that there was another kind of healing too: Emotions, feelings, and thoughtful wounds needed the same closure.

-Armor would cost 1 coin as well, just confirm if you want it.
Armored cloak that doesn't get in the way of movement? :P
Anyway, yes, to armor. :3

I need you to take 25 or so men to reinforce the island, and resupply it. They have also located a beastmen encampment, and I need you to destroy it."
He shook his head and sighed.
Best day for lootship. :3

Either we're going to bring a TON of equipment and reinforce this, or loot that encampment and bring home the everything
Loot: Have you decided to trade the captives for coins? If you are going to keep a few, how many?
Are you doing like 2 coins per person, and the rest in the company pot?
I'd say yeah to all of this--other than keeping a monk or two, fully pushing my vote onto Mardent because he's totally a protagonist in my eyes. c:

I'll try to update your character sheets on the first page tomorrow. But it would be helpful if you would include an updated version of your character sheet on your next post, so I can make sure that we are on the same page. Include any new traits and/or equipment you have. Thank you!
I'm noting 4/5 because of spending fate for Mardent. Also I guess improving my bow would be for later on then.
I initially wrote up a personified description of Healing Arts, but decided to leave it blank because I'd like you to fill it up--detail is important! :P
Also I put Skjære in place of one of the light warriors under my command.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:33:15 pm by Tiruin »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2017, 03:33:26 am »

Funk
That's fine, I don't know if you would see this in time, but would you want Sihylde to stay out of this raid, or do you want her to follow the general direction of the group? Just a warning she may get harmed, so it is up to you.

What daughter of Crom hides from battle?!

Spoiler:  Sihylde Norheim (click to show/hide)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2017, 07:33:14 am »

Spoiler: Einar Kolsson (click to show/hide)

(Also I'd like to buy a better axe of some sort, and I'm for selling all the monks; keep one if Tir really wants to have one.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2017, 08:16:49 am »

Spoiler: Kol Magnusson Stórr (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2017, 08:56:38 am »

Okay I updated the character sheet! I am not sure about your personal coin counts, but if you give each character 2 coins for spending money, you would have 15.5 coins in your company pot, and 1 monk after ransoming the others. Also, I'm going to have you guys be responsible for reminding me of your character traits that apply when you are making an action  :P

Mardent: I think I updated your character sheet, but please feel free to double check, I may have missed something.

Also feel to add anything else you want to do around town. Feel free to add stuff like "I checked out some land that we might be able to turn into a fort", "I meet with a local merchant, he might want to give us a contract in the future", "I met with a bunch of slave-born warriors and we plotted a revolution  :P"

Other than that, the adventure will resume sometime tonight, probably very late but I'm not sure. Right now you have been filled back up to 10 men, though now you have room for each squad to have 20 men. Though you won't have to give them plunder on this mission, you will on other raids. How many warriors do you want? You can pick like 15 men each as well.  The outpost is about a day's sailing to the south.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2017, 11:13:32 am »

Okay I updated the character sheet!
Eek ._. I noticed you editing it yourself and I made a mistake of not noticing that the char sheets are in spoilers themselves so it cancels itself out. Only error in mine is copying the "Name:"; sorry for adding a spoiler on Skjære!

There's a bit of messiness as my spoiler and Sihylde are both unsure where to put 'armor' into ._.

Right now you have been filled back up to 10 men, though now you have room for each squad to have 20 men. Though you won't have to give them plunder on this mission, you will on other raids. How many warriors do you want? You can pick like 15 men each as well.  The outpost is about a day's sailing to the south.
~80 raiders total? .___. woaaa.
Jora takes a complement of 4 archers (plus herself into 5, and delegates the other 9 for her second in command)

...Can we loot the beastman encampment? :3
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:20:15 am by Tiruin »

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2017, 11:18:23 am »

Can secondary's pick troops?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2017, 11:20:32 am »

Can secondary's pick troops?
Changed my action so that you get a call anyway. :P

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2017, 11:27:49 am »

A set of  5 Axmen, and 4 spearmen.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2017, 06:02:24 pm »

Chapter 1: Fur and Fang

The Sea Wolves boarded the long ship, larger than the one they had before. The warriors were determined, knowing they were going to face their mortal enemies. Frømund was gripping Kol’s arm, and told him to take good care of his men. His leg wound developed an infection, and Gertrude the healer demanded he stay behind to take care of it. He resisted at first, but relented when he couldn’t stand after a rigorous training fight. Kol took over the command of his squad, and promised to take good care of it. Thane Evarson looked over his leaders, and commended them for their bravery, and called for the protection of the Allfather over these warriors. They set off from the dock at dawn, and determination burning in their hearts.

The misty air parted before them as the long ship glided through the water, finally revealing their destination, the Crag Outpost. Einar was called to the fore at their destination. He went up there with a smile, but then immediately whirled and called for the men to get ready for battle.
The outpost was burning.
It was a simple fort, made of mostly timber. It had a dock where its multiple skiffs could dock, being sent out on and returning from scouting missions. But now a barge lay crashed through the docks and up onto the beach. A flag with a red boar flew over it. On the beach were bodies leading up to fort, where there was a hole in the wall, and a fire burning. Einar thought for a moment, and looked around at his sister and father, and at Sihylde. They wore expressions of anger and determination, and they all looked to him. He nodded to himself, he knew what they needed to do. He ordered them to beach the ship. Einar heard of the flag from his father, the flag of the Cimbri. The traitors, the ones who joined with the beast men to save their lives and become like beasts themselves.

They beached the long ship, and took their force carefully up the hill, shields and weapons at the ready. The bodies wore furs and armed with crude weapons. No one was encountered as they came to the gate, but inside there were a few men running around trying to put out the fire in the central keep. A call of alarm was made, but both sides quickly recognized the other as friendly. On of the warriors came over, and asked for assistance. His beard, a dark brown, was matted with blood, and his eyes were wide and wild. He told them that the captain was dead. Jóra was the first to act, calling the warriors forward to assist in combatting the blaze. With the additional help, the fire was extinguished. The keep was in ruins, however, and a scant few men remained in the fort. Einar told the man, however, that they brought additional men and supplies. The warrior in charge, Rodrick, was thankful. He told them that they barely fought off the assault, and probably would have died had a lucky arrow not found the eye of the beast that was with them, and sent it fleeing into the woods. A few Cimbri had followed it in there. He looks at Einar, and asks what they should do?

A.   We will search for and find this beast! (Risky, standard effect)
B.   Repair the fort, and wait for it to come to us!(Controlled, low effect)
C.   Something else?
D.   This isn’t our mission, we need to destroy the encampment where this attack came from.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Viking: Sea Wolves-Chapter 1: Fur and Fang
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2017, 06:09:18 pm »

Einar decided to poll the others before making a decision. "I say we should hunt this beast down. What say you?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25