Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Ever been in a fight?

I've been in a fistfight, but nothing serious.
- 0 (0%)
I've been in a life-or-death fight.
- 0 (0%)
I've never been in a fight.
- 0 (0%)
I am MaximumZero, and I got in three fights this morning before breakfast.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 02, 2017, 08:55:24 am

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: The Guns, Weapons, and Tactics Thread  (Read 21480 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: The Guns, Weapons, and Tactics Thread
« Reply #255 on: May 09, 2017, 05:31:18 pm »

Theres also a few good videos on some of them, for instance, heres one on the US M2/M2A1 and the Japanese Type 100
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:07:11 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2017, 06:20:28 pm »

I also remember reading in a book on WWII weapons that flamethrowers were mainly used for their psychological effect rather than because they could kill people. I guess that's because fire's scary. That could also explain why molotov cocktails are always depicted as super effective in video games.

That's wrong. The main use of flamethrowers in WWII was clearing out bunkers and cave complexes. They were excellent at doing this because the fire sucked in a lot of oxygen and asphyxiated the people in the target.

Does anybody know of an affordable semi-auto pistol chambered in .357 Magnum? That's the pistol cartridge I learned to shoot pistols with, and I've always been fond of it. Most of the guns that shoot it are revolvers, and I'm looking for a nice autopistol to pick up once I get some savings built up.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2017, 06:23:55 pm »

napalm or super-napalm (or a generic-brand equivalent

Hooray.

There's a generic-brand equivalent of a highly flammable substance, frequently used in incendiary weapons, that sticks to kids.

Insert long tirade about the military-industrial complex here.

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 09, 2017, 06:28:20 pm »

I also remember reading in a book on WWII weapons that flamethrowers were mainly used for their psychological effect rather than because they could kill people. I guess that's because fire's scary. That could also explain why molotov cocktails are always depicted as super effective in video games.

That's wrong. The main use of flamethrowers in WWII was clearing out bunkers and cave complexes. They were excellent at doing this because the fire sucked in a lot of oxygen and asphyxiated the people in the target.

Does anybody know of an affordable semi-auto pistol chambered in .357 Magnum? That's the pistol cartridge I learned to shoot pistols with, and I've always been fond of it. Most of the guns that shoot it are revolvers, and I'm looking for a nice autopistol to pick up once I get some savings built up.

I don't know of any common autoloader pistols made for .357 magnum. There is .357 Sig in autoloaders and I'm told its a fabulous substitution.

9mm in +p+ might offer similar performance as well.

napalm or super-napalm (or a generic-brand equivalent

Hooray.

There's a generic-brand equivalent of a highly flammable substance, frequently used in incendiary weapons, that sticks to kids.

Insert long tirade about the military-industrial complex here.

Yeah I thought it was kinda funny Napalm is a trademarked product. They clearly use cheap, generic alternatives in the arsenals of other countries desiring a similar substance.

Don't be fooled by imitators! Napalm brand Napalm is the stickiest!

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2017, 06:46:31 pm »

Napalm B is stupidly easy to make anyway.

Just mix gasoline, Styrofoam and benzene and you have napalm.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 09, 2017, 06:54:21 pm »

No it would be missing the naphthalene. Also the phosphors like in Super-Napalm. Cheap imitation. I've read powdered laundry detergent is a good additive to your recipe though.

Anything that makes it sticky and burn hot works though you needn't file a patent. Animal blood aparrently works as a good additive to gasoline based naplam substitution as well.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 10, 2017, 11:14:59 am »

I may have borked the poll. *shrug* I may have to ask for help creating a new poll.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 10, 2017, 03:04:56 pm »

How are we classifying being in the general vicinity of rockets for the purposes of the poll?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 10, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »

Was there a real possibility of death/dismemberment?  If yes = life or death fight.

Other than pretending to be MZ I don't see an option for someone who spent years as an enforcer for a supplier.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 10, 2017, 04:50:22 pm »

Was there a real possibility of death/dismemberment?  If yes = life or death fight.

Other than pretending to be MZ I don't see an option for someone who spent years as an enforcer for a supplier.

^What he said. If they're like, military ICBMs (You must live in North Dakota) then no. But if someone was launching rockets more or less at someone, even if it wasn't you, then yes.

Also, you can answer the MZ one, but I'd like you to explain what you mean. Also, please tell me how to fix the poll.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 10, 2017, 06:11:46 pm »

No it would be missing the naphthalene. Also the phosphors like in Super-Napalm. Cheap imitation. I've read powdered laundry detergent is a good additive to your recipe though.

Anything that makes it sticky and burn hot works though you needn't file a patent. Animal blood aparrently works as a good additive to gasoline based naplam substitution as well.

There were several iterations of napalm. The one I posted was napalm b, which was extensively used by the US armed forces in Vietnam.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 10, 2017, 06:18:45 pm »

The poll isn't too difficult I think, you've got two options beneath it labeled lock poll and edit poll, under the edit tab you've got your options and three choices for result display, the one in the middle 'only show results after someone has voted' is the option you want selected, then at the bottom you've got an option to reset the counts to zero.

As for what I mean: When I was a teenager I was an enforcer for a 'local supplier', which is just a nice way to say 'the man who makes sure the drug dealers have products to sell', fights does not exactly adequately describe what I did then, but I've had knives and guns pulled on me more than a few times, been stabbed, shot at, beaten with baseball bats and numerous other things.  Take home lesson: young white man with a severe tendency for violence plus drug crime = bad for far too many people.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 06:20:57 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]