Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: How do you spend your free time?  (Read 6552 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
How do you spend your free time?
« on: April 10, 2017, 08:32:17 pm »

Every morning I read Bay12 and check the places where I post my art. When I'm not busy during the day, I talk to my friends on Steam and Discord (if you guys are reading this I loooove youuuu <3) while I do homework. If I'm not doing homework, I'm drawing (ugh) or writing code (UGH) for fun or for personal projects. Sometimes I play video games and lately it's a lot of RTS. I also play DnD 5e at my friend's house on Monday nights.

What about you? Just follow my example above. The focus is on what you regularly do. Feel free to talk about significant changes in your routine when/if they happen.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
Re: How do you spend your free time?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 09:26:32 pm »

yay ou love me (i mod the mos popular discord)

I check r/talesfromtechsupport and bay12, before getting on irc and discord.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:02:46 pm »

Apathy, trying to convince myself to do something which might be enjoyable, but usually defaulting to mindless web surfing in lieu of mustering the energy to read something or play a game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 11:56:19 pm »

Generally, Bay12 or Discord.  Or a couple things on other websites.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 11:57:41 pm »

Anime and video games almost exclusively. It's kind of sad but that's all I have energy for. I would like to pick up the guitar, but I've been running on fumes for weeks now and any leisure activities other than the most basic "push button, get reward" are too exhausting. At least college is forcing me to get out of the house, socialize and be productive, which I know is good for me and makes me happy but it's hard to want to do it. Like eating vegetables.

I haven't had time to work on it lately, but I've been basically the chief (read: only) programmer for the STEM club at my college. I'm writing a manual/guide to the Raspberry Pi that was purchased for STEM club use, and also including some general Linux and programming information in general. There's a handful of people interested in computers at my school, but they're still at the "how do you make a code" stage. There's no CS resources on campus, or indeed all the way until the CS programs at some of the biggest schools in the state, 60 miles and several thousand dollars away. Being a CS major myself, it's lit a fire under my ass to hand down what I know before I move on. I feel like it's important, and something I can be proud of spending my leisure time on.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 12:00:19 am »

poor life choices
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 12:09:41 am »

Playing videogames, caring for my children and spouse, and doing everything in my power to distract myself from the relentless onslaught of destructive impulses that bombard my every living moment.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 12:59:32 am »

Wake up in the morning, I take a few minutes to read the news, weather, and financial indicators.
At university, I tend to pass the time reading about games I'm interested in. More rarely, I paint or read.

At home, I balance reading, painting, and playing/working with my dog. Usually more time painting, but if I have an engrossing book I read more, and if there's a competition or assessment coming up I spend more time training with the dog.

On the weekends, I usually game a bit, often with my brother.

Painting is slowly consuming more of my free time. So is university...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 01:02:23 am »

Mostly mindless web surfing between three forums, and when I can muster the willpower I write.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 01:26:22 am »

Uh, except you're not among the people I talk to on Discord. I'm talking about my friends: GentlemanRaptor, Xanmyral, Furtuka, adwarf, GiglameshDespair, choppy, Ochita, Sensei, Solifuge, Janet, and others. I don't frequent any of the Bay12 Discord channels, I have my own.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:30:57 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 01:37:26 am »

I mostly just die slowly.
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 01:44:49 am »

I don't spend time, I kill time. Spending time implies I'm getting something out of it, which I can safely say is not the case.

What about you? Just follow my example above. The focus is on what you regularly do. Feel free to talk about significant changes in your routine when/if they happen.
Well okay. I hate to be the first long response in the thread but its not like I could be doing something else right now (actually that's a lie, I have work).

Usually, there's a little, I'm inspired to call it a carousel, that I follow. I wake up, check the internet. I say check this or that, but really it's specific places: check bay12 new replies in case something old has come up, otherwise pick a thread (often, but not exclusively politics, simply because it's the closest we have to a news thread, and I like talking about news). Then I'll probably check general discussion, check any new threads, or maybe check emotion threads. Occasionally, contribute. I'll also check any videogame threads but rarely talk so much as see what others have said. Then Reddit, which is very predictable: front page, then a quick run through a few subreddits (usual game subreddits), followed by front page again. Again, occasionally contribute. If I've managed to run through this a few times in semi-rapid succession and I'm still bored, I will check my email (not that i'm expecting anything interesting there), or head to youtube. Youtube for me consists of listening to a few sets of music I like, or occasionally checking up on a youtuber I follow. Very occasionally I'll discover something new they or someone else has done or played or whatever and start watching videos about that. At some point, I check the news. Same few news sites. Sometimes I'll do all of this but while listening to music.

Sometimes I play videogames instead of watching or reading about others doing it. Sometimes I'll go weeks without playing anything (as I am now), othertimes it's every day, and takes up the majority of my free time. Usually the same few games, but that's a non-issue. I own a lot of games, but there are a few which take up the majority of my interest and energy; those games vary, but the list usually includes TF2 for whatever reason. Very occasionally I receive an invite to play from a friend I picked up playing TF2 and play with him and a few other people I've met. That's usually nice.

At times I'll develop a particular interest in some subject or game or thing. It may be something new, or something old (either from a year ago, or from when I was 10; it varies). But it'll reignite my interest for a little while. Sometimes it'll last only for a day or two, or not be particular intense; othertimes it'll be a multi-month love-affair. Then it'll fade, usually slowly. The period between interests is not fun. Sometimes I'll remain interested somewhat, and if particularly long-lasting it'll become part of my "carousel" of actions that I cycle through. Currently, this manifests as a light but persistent interest in a browser-based game called Fallen London. I hope this one lasts, but I never know.

And that's basically it. I could do other things, but I don't have excuses like distracting myself or not having energy. This is my day even during extended breaks; in fact moreso, as I tend to find actual reasons to not work when I need to work, whereas when I have no excuse I'll do little of anything. I know I could do other things, I just don't have an interest in those things. I could go outside, but in truth, I'm not really interested in that, or at least not nearly interested enough to bother trying. Could also meet people, online or elsewhere, but I have a very rough time with this and tend to just have a very small number of sort-of friendships which developed organically without much work on my party (which I'd likely bungle anywya). I do make small talk with my roommates about work or whatever else is going on; on rare occasions, they'll invite me to come with them to lunch, so I'll tag along for a short outing.

And that's my life. Oh, and occasionally I sleep in addition to waking up. That's nice, when it happens.
I mostly just die slowly.
I mean this sums it up pretty well too.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 01:47:14 am »

I languish in the awning of ecstatic perfection that is being a human being, the most refined presence of all reality, and sharpen the knife of my mind to pierce the veil of ignorance that surrounds us as I ascend past the malus of this place and time to grasp the universal love which surrounds our home in the cosmos.

also sometimes i write things and exercise, idk, used to play video games but memes killed the vidja star
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 07:59:12 am »

Uh, except you're not among the people I talk to on Discord. I'm talking about my friends: GentlemanRaptor, Xanmyral, Furtuka, adwarf, GiglameshDespair, choppy, Ochita, Sensei, Solifuge, Janet, and others. I don't frequent any of the Bay12 Discord channels, I have my own.
Ah. Understandable.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 08:10:44 am »

Generally studying, girlfriending, vidja gaming, exercising, random web surfing, going out, catering to my random whims and extradimensional shenanigans.

I check on bay12 in between these activities.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4