Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How do you spend your free time?  (Read 6405 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: How do you spend your free time?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2017, 04:55:11 am »

When i'm not sleeping, daydreaming or wallowing in the crushing despair of my hopeless future
This is mondo relatable so I'm stealing it.

The rest of my post, however, proved to be dreadfully boring when I looked it over.
Instead I shall just allow you to imagine me doing all sorts of zany and exciting, possibly even wild and dangerous, things with my spare time.
Hey, sometimes I leave my room!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 05:37:27 am »

poor life choices

ITT a lot of you guys have free time in college. Working sucks, can't wait to get back to studying.

Edit: I can't reading comprehension

Studying blows though. It's usually easier because there's less volume compared to work. Do hardmode and do a job that requires you to study and memorise on tiny deadlines.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 05:43:22 am by Caz »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2017, 05:45:20 am »

I'd like to study if I could.
Love, scriver~

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2017, 07:09:42 am »

I go theough the library of a living room we have, and read some Terry Pratchett.
I bake things. I'm nibbling on some fresh gingerbread as I type this.
I play games, of course.
I go for extremely long walks.
I go over to Elliot's place and we play cards.
I... Do work. Gahd, whoever invented homework is also who I'm one day going to kill...
... Did you know that time machines in the future are powered by cows?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2017, 12:05:12 pm »

Dota 2, for the most part. :P

As for the work/school thing, I've found generally it comes down to a tradeoff; while working you generally have less free time but that free time is much more reliable, while when at school it's flipped; you have much more free time but the fact that school leaks like a sieve means it's much less reliable. The result is that you can mess around more, but it's much harder to actually do things other than messing around in your free time due to all of the sudden 'oh hey what time can you meet this evening after 6 pm's that pop up just in everyday group work in schools. There is a lot to be said for being able to say that you will be free to do what you want to do instead of what you have to do from this time to that time almost every single day.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2017, 06:10:44 pm »

I don't have free time, too busy being unemployed
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2017, 04:00:50 am »

Not that well. Way too much sleep and do-nothing.

This is going to have to change.
Max avatar size is 80x80

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2017, 06:29:24 am »

yay ou love me (i mod the mos popular discord)

I check r/talesfromtechsupport and bay12, before getting on irc and discord.
Uh, except you're not among the people I talk to on Discord. I'm talking about my friends: GentlemanRaptor, Xanmyral, Furtuka, adwarf, GiglameshDespair, choppy, Ochita, Sensei, Solifuge, Janet, and others. I don't frequent any of the Bay12 Discord channels, I have my own.
you left mine ;-;
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2017, 08:59:11 am »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2017, 12:13:10 pm »

Now that I have a job and school, I have time for even less stuff. I haven't even played a video game since I started working, I just watch some YouTube before going to bed.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2017, 02:15:52 pm »

I read and browse bay12, for the most part. There are also some people on discord who I talk with, mostly from other forums.

In terms of more organized pastimes, I participate in a pretty effort-intensive theater group. That's either zero or a hundred- rehearsals cycle from ten minutes a week to having no free time whatsoever.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:41:23 pm by Whisperling »

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2017, 03:44:12 pm »

I used to have a lot of free time a lot of hobbies, then long story short I have a baby. Now the only fun I have is commuting on a motorcycle besides quick snatches of dwarf fortress.  Also Not even a quarter of an hour ago I derped at strangers on the internet. It was not satisfying.

Also I drink alot which I consider its oen activity since nothing else I do is compatible with drinking.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2017, 06:19:11 pm »

I drink a LOT, play video games, and do entertainment type stuff with my wife, like movies and things. That's about it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2017, 11:13:13 pm »

Lurking on various websites (here, reddit, etc.), shitposting on imageboards, and watching BS on youtube.  I'm too addicted to the Internet at this point to do anything else.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:18:13 pm by kingboxz »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2017, 12:54:23 am »

Not a lot of free time since the family tragedy, but usually, I spend it doing various experiments on getting consumer grade network and computer hardware to do things the manufacturer does not intend, but that the devices are capable of doing.

My latest victim is a WD-MyCloud NAS box. (single bay, generation 2 model)  It has the software RAID driver baked into the kernel, so I was doing experiments on how to get it to setup and use software RAID over USB as my latest project.

Future projects include getting it to function as an iSCSI target host, and pals. (Since it ALSO has the iSCSI modules baked into the firmware, they just dont get loaded.)

The web-based administration dashboard for it seems to be a "conserved" project for several other NAS devices offered by WD, some that overlap with the small business target sector, that DO have those functions enabled. I am going to flowchart all the magic scripting they use (Some byzantine combination of PHP, Javascript, and perl based CGI-BIN invocations.. Blech.) to determine which systems have what features turned on, and how they do them, so that I can create a manually patched version that enables all the goodies on the cheap consumer grade single-drive version I have. (I can use redundant disk stores on USB3, which the unit supports.)  It's gonna take a while to do that, due both the complication of the system (all the JS is stuffed into a folder with like, 50 scripts in it doing various things), and due to recent.. events.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4