Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Remnants of the Precursors, free Master of Orion 1 remake  (Read 48703 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Remnants of the Precursors, free Master of Orion 1 remake
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2017, 02:09:01 am »

Thank you for the many fixes and tweaks from 3.14 and the newly released 3.15 :
https://remnantsoftheprecursors.com/2017/04/23/alpha-3-15-is-here-with-more-tweaks/

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2017, 07:36:34 am »

In the 3.15 tiny universe, the Darloks had a good enough fleet that included 30 giant spaceships of complete doom and destruction.
A lot more were in mass production on the many conquered world.
http://i.imgur.com/Ay0XYAP.jpg

Some said they were so ahead in power they were unstoppable, though it didn't stopped the Meklar (that just finished to invade all the Sakkras system) to declare war, and probably prepare to be vitrified soon when the Darlok war machine would move to them.
Looks like they didn't learned from the warmongers Bulrathis that i kept alive just for toying with sabotage feature turn after turn.
http://i.imgur.com/jz2Nh9T.jpg

Anyways, before the Meklars could even seen the Darlok fleets orbiting their world and unleashing hell, an election went on and i guess they all finally understood how much chances they were standing in trying to challenge the unstoppable and ever growing power.
http://i.imgur.com/B1Ykhe7.jpg

No obvious bug happened in this game :)

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2017, 10:12:17 am »

No obvious bug happened in this game :)

Hmmm, seems like I'm slacking on the job, then.

Glad you're enjoying the game!

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2017, 09:16:25 pm »

I am so going to like actual ship combat in Alpha 4.  My current test game (start year 14215, current 14311, 500 star ring galaxy with 18 AIs) should have the Electrar steamrolling me through the ruins of the Cluckari empire.  I am in a position where if I remove a single snub fighter from the formation (a picket force at a dead-world system neither of us can colonize), the Tornado (a large craft) is suddenly no longer terrified of the picket force (and thus no gameplay) and has it for lunch.  You only get the engage question either for an enemy planet, or when the AI thinks its fleet is not utterly overwhelmed.

Also, diplomatic ratings ignore battles in uncolonized systems.

Instead, I actually have time to upgrade my fleet and my systems.  (The Electrar have just entered war with the Rocknoids and do have a trade treaty with me.)

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2017, 02:32:32 am »

3.16 added radically increased visibility for min-maxers on population growth.

EDIT: Through astigmatic lenses.  I'm getting a relatively high off-by-one error rate that isn't always, even when only looking at what isn't sending transports.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:27:07 am by zaimoni »

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2017, 07:30:50 am »

3.16 added radically increased visibility for min-maxers on population growth.

EDIT: Through astigmatic lenses.  I'm getting a relatively high off-by-one error rate that isn't always, even when only looking at what isn't sending transports.

If you have a save game with an example of the off by one, please send it to me. I'll take a look at it.

edit: got it... it will be fixed in the next patch. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:15:55 pm by RayFowler »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2017, 02:35:32 pm »

The video on your game website puzzles me. Your face looks too young for your hair (I'd estimate your age based on facial features to be somewhere between 35 and 45). Did you dye it that way?
It reminds me that I used to have a neighbor back in my highschool days who had pitch black hair, until he started turning grey at age 16, and his hair was completely white like yours when he was 17.

That being said, good work man, on the MOO1 revival. I'll give it a spin whenever a 4x mood hits me next.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2017, 03:21:34 pm »

Well, you see, he's a Witcher.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2017, 03:52:30 pm »

Woo!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2017, 11:59:09 pm »

3.1.17...yes, this is working much better regarding ECO.  Not flawless (e.g., advertised +4, actual +8 when cloning involved), but appears to work perfectly in the absence of transports and cloning.  EDIT Didn't see the waste from My First Factory coming online either.  Worlds with pre-existing factories had more built without surprises.

The backward-incompatibility of the ship construction time estimates is disturbing.  I needed that colony ship in two years as advertised in the ship construction slider, not have it idle in the shipyard for a full year because it got completed a year ahead of schedule.  (Its destination comes into range when another planet is colonized.)

EDIT: 3.17b confirmed to double-process end-of-turn events as well for games saved in 3.16, and new games created in 3.17b.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:23:22 am by zaimoni »

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2017, 07:35:07 am »

EDIT: 3.17b confirmed to double-process end-of-turn events as well for games saved in 3.16, and new games created in 3.17b.

ugh. ok. I'll look at that tonight

I'm only seeing the double-process on the first turn of the game. Shockingly, this is all fallout from the traded techs code,lol

I uploaded 3.18 to fix this issue plus another.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:50:09 am by RayFowler »

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2017, 01:41:05 pm »

Some artwork coming in Alpha 4... the Mrrshan soldier:

https://remnantsoftheprecursors.com/2017/04/28/the-mrrshan-soldier/

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2017, 03:47:13 pm »

Would not want to fight him!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2017, 04:43:25 pm »

Amazing art !

RayFowler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2017, 05:55:27 pm »

Would not want to fight him!

No kidding! One thing I really wanted to bring back is the idea of the Mrrshan as a fearsome warrior race, something that seemed to be forgotten along the way. The Kzinti, another sci-fi feline race, were once described as "eight feet of death" and that's kind of the feel I want to create for the Mrrshan.

Amazing art !

Yes, I am continually blown away by Petar's work and am very thankful to have found him. When I started this project, before I started adding artwork, I used to describe MOO1 as the closest thing to a "work of art" in the 4X genre because of its elegant mechanics and gameplay. Little did I realize that my remake would literally become a vehicle for such amazing actual MOO artwork. I can only hope that the rest of the game turns out half as well as the artwork.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18