Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Welcome to the Perplexiplex: Splitting storylines  (Read 5397 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Perplexiplex: All are Welcome!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 05:03:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 05:28:55 pm »

A small gang of ten transhumanist punks have gathered together, in their thirst for knowledge and power, they agreed to go beyond the safe boundaries of home, and out into the wild unknown. However, it would be foolhardy to make a journey such as this without some equipment. Lacking in the funds and connections necessary to purchase real supplies, the group decides to root around in the dump.
Specifically, the red dump, where the cautious and superstitious inhabitants of home drop anything too strange and dangerous to simply stow away in the closet. This, our punks reason, would be the best place to look for things odd and powerful before leaving home proper.

Well, that's probably what they reason. With this lot, they might just decide to raid the local armory for weapons, or charge blindly onwards without any thought given to preparation. Or perhaps they could decide to settle down and get a real job, and forget all this hype about the twisted surface and it's secrets.
In truth, the choice is up to you.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 06:30:16 pm »

Well, equipment is definitely going to be important... but how do we know that the dump won't be dangerous, too?

And we could always ask for weapons, and frame it as an "expedition"...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 06:40:11 pm »

You honestly think those schmucks would give us shit for our "expedition"? No way buddy, I say we grab some bottles and serve those pigs a molotov cocktail and loot what we need.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 06:51:41 pm »

It was a suggestion. We could try it. They might be fine with that.
It's the search for knowledge!

And besides, it could always be a negotiation instead.
"We want to go exploring, and we want to not die while doing that. That requires equipment. You have that; we don't. My friends here would like to remedy that by force. I would rather not have a fight. Allow us access to protective armor and weaponry, even if just long enough to search the RD for other equipment in safety. There are worse ways that this could go."

Anyway, statistics states that there is always at least a 33.33333% chance that it will work!
And at least a 33.33333% chance it could fail miserably, yes. That is true. But that failing miserably would still have better results than a raid failing miserably!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Perplexiplex: A beginning
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 08:01:00 pm »

"Am with Mr Grey. Good equipment rotting in closets of these people. It could be destroyed by fire. We talk, then when that fails we use muscle. We do not damage the goods."
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 08:34:48 pm »

"Ahh, but, why should we... don't any of you have family here?  They're just scared, I mean it's still stupid, but they don't deserve to be hurt.  Besides, they're just hiding down here, why would they have real weapons?  We're much more likely to find useful things in the dump, things they were afraid of."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 08:40:59 pm »

People get scared of things for a reason. It may not be a good reason, but some of that stuff in the dump probably is dangerous. As originally suggested: we can ask for stuff first, and if as Klakov says, they have no real use for weapons, they would have no real reason not to let us have some. It's not like we'd only use what they give us; we'll just use it to help make the visit to the dump safer and more rewarding.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 08:51:56 pm »

If we're going to ask for equipment, we should frame it as an extermination. As in, "we can push back the wave of weirdness, but we could use some help" or "We can normalize this area for resources, but we need better equipment to face the strange things within it", y'know?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 08:59:08 pm »

If we're going to ask for equipment, we should frame it as an extermination. As in, "we can push back the wave of weirdness, but we could use some help" or "We can normalize this area for resources, but we need better equipment to face the strange things within it", y'know?
Bingo. Everyone, pay attention to Burr. He thinks well.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 09:53:01 pm »

Hmmph. However we phrase it, I suggest we do it soon. I want to get looting that dump, and certainly every piece of equipment we get will help with that. Let's go, pick a home. One near the dump, do you think?
The Cyan Menace

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 09:54:38 pm »

Hmmph. However we phrase it, I suggest we do it soon. I want to get looting that dump, and certainly every piece of equipment we get will help with that. Let's go, pick a home. One near the dump, do you think?
I'm so sorry, guys, but I forgot where everything is. Mind giving me a map?

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 11:54:00 pm »

Lalo looks around, trying to decide which one looks the most dangerous. Unable to decide he begins to bow and greet everyone fairly. Ah, sirs I think going with the armory is a wonderful idea.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 12:08:32 am »

Can I join?

Is this an IC thread, and there's some OOC thread somewhere?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:11:26 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 02:40:29 am »

"You know what, sure, armory. Let's just go to the least likely place to give up weapons to unauthorized misfits and get shot on sight. Yeah, I'd say going door to door was the better idea."

Can I join?

Is this an IC thread, and there's some OOC thread somewhere?
(Probably, kindof, and no?)
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5