Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Welcome to the Perplexiplex: Splitting storylines  (Read 5398 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Perplexiplex: A beginning
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 03:48:11 am »

"If you can't handle the dump, what the hell are you doing leaving the settlement? Don't bother the terrified villagers, they'll probably shoot you out of fear and jealousy."

Perkus goes to find something in the dump rather than get shot. Some form of weapon or tool, preferably.
One wheel short of a wagon

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 05:59:28 am »

Lalo looks around, trying to decide which one looks the most dangerous. Unable to decide he begins to bow and greet everyone fairly. Ah, sirs I think going with the armory is a wonderful idea.
"You know what, sure, armory. Let's just go to the least likely place to give up weapons to unauthorized misfits and get shot on sight. Yeah, I'd say going door to door was the better idea."
"If you can't handle the dump, what the hell are you doing leaving the settlement? Don't bother the terrified villagers, they'll probably shoot you out of fear and jealousy."

Perkus goes to find something in the dump rather than get shot. Some form of weapon or tool, preferably.
We don't go to the armory unless they let us. No matter what, we're going to be going to the dump.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 06:03:57 am »

Fine, leave, meet you there later. Tired of waiting though.
Hector marches to the nearest house and knocks on the door.
Excuse me! Hello! Going to fight strange things, need weapons! Anyone home?!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 06:24:08 am »

Can I join?

Is this an IC thread, and there's some OOC thread somewhere?
"I don' get what you're saying. Must mean you're a lunatic like us. Just fo' th' sake of giving an answer, there're's no distinction...at least, yet. Who knows if it'll happen in the weirdlands. Anyway, for..erm, documentation, what's your name, description, disposition, and aspiration? We don't need no elation, though you may get some exasperation, especially in our nation, or all of creation, though in our exploration, there may be a plantation, found during divination, where we find an abberation or abomination that gets a provocation.. what am I sayin'? This dissertation is all just improvisation, a conflagration going so far I wish I had a renunication before the eventual stagnation that leads to by defamation or its revocation via negation, this proclamation doesn't need a distillation, condensation or abbreviation, save a certain permutation or stipulation, my oration's become some form of meditation, this tribulation deserves some sort of adoration or veneration for those with my affiliation, feel like with this incantation, I could do some levitation, though I may deserve  for my innovation due to my determination and connotation (it's almost alliteration, despite your aggravation), this is all justification, nomination for my incarceration, cremation, or assassination, I need some limitation or moderation on all this exclamation.."

Burr heads to the dump while saying this.
(Will finish later, so you ought to have anticipation)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 07:08:11 am »

Can I join?

"I don' get what you're saying. Must mean you're a lunatic like us. Just fo' th' sake of giving an answer, there're's no distinction...at least, yet. Who knows if it'll happen in the weirdlands. Anyway, for..erm, documentation, what's your name, description, disposition, and aspiration? We don't need no elation, though you may get some exasperation, especially in our nation, or all of creation, though in our exploration, there may be a plantation, found during divination, where we find an abberation or abomination that gets a provocation.. what am I sayin'? This dissertation is all just improvisation, a conflagration going so far I wish I had a renunication before the eventual stagnation that leads to by defamation or its revocation via negation, this proclamation doesn't need a distillation, condensation or abbreviation, save a certain permutation or stipulation, my oration's become some form of meditation, this tribulation deserves some sort of adoration or veneration for those with my affiliation, feel like with this incantation, I could do some levitation, though I may deserve  for my innovation due to my determination and connotation (it's almost alliteration, despite your aggravation), this is all justification, nomination for my incarceration, cremation, or assassination, I need some limitation or moderation on all this exclamation.."
Mate.
You need to stop.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 10:08:50 am »

"FINE! Go ahead and "negotiate" with "the police" for the "expedition", I'm gonna go "make" some "cocktails" to "deal" with "the" "pigs"."

"Also, I "really" need to "get out" of this "habit" of putting "air quotes" around "most" of "my words""

Grab some alcohol and some rags in order to create a molotov cocktail.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 10:20:01 am »

Can I join?

Mate.
You need to stop.
You forgot to quote the best part:
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 10:52:05 am »

"I'm gonna check out the red dump and then raid armory! And then we bring down everything that stands against me!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 01:53:10 pm »

((Here's a sheet, Egan))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 02:06:01 pm »

((Here's a sheet, Egan))

Yes. I like this. This is great.
Everyone, we're being cowboys. Yee-haw, mates!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 03:09:58 pm »

well everyone seems to going to the dump, so go there as well.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 07:03:09 pm »

Can I join?

Join please!
Post your OOC here. Also post your IC here. We are all big boys, and can tell the difference. ;)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 08:14:17 pm »

Critical Path

[removed due to clutter]

Burr heads to the dump while saying this.
"I'm gonna check out the red dump and then raid armory! And then we bring down everything that stands against me!"
Checking out the dump too, but hanging back a bit.  Best not to be the first to go eldritch dumpster diving.
well everyone seems to going to the dump, so go there as well.

Five punks get up and leave the pub where they had met with the rest to plan out their excursion. They head east, toward the outskirts of town.
Walking in front are Burr and Perkus, both clearly motivated to find something particularly interesting. Excitedly marching through the streets, their poor fashion sense makes quite an impression.
Following shortly behind is Grace, nearly as energetic as the two in front. Her face is an odd mix of fury and excitement.
Finally, Klakov and Lalo follow at a slightly more sedate pace. Oddly, Klakov is vibrating less than anyone else.

The red dump is somewhat small due to its specialized nature. Crammed in an alleyway between two mostly abandoned warehouses, it's fairly well hidden from a casual observer. Someone has installed a chain link fence between the dump and the street; however, you all doubt it could possibly keep anybody out or anything in, as it lacks a gate.
A single city guard stands beside the single entrance through the fence. Once she sees the group, she looks a bit disheartened; her job is to prevent this sort of thing, but there's nothing she can do to stop you.

"Here to drop something off?" It is clear from the tone of her voice that she knows that you have nothing to drop off.

((Here's a sheet, Egan))

Slim looks upwards at the cavern ceiling and frowns. Another day without fresh air. Life beneath the surface is no life for a rustic old cowboy like him.
Sitting on the doorstep outside his scenic cave shack, he sees five weirdos rush past completely conspicuously. Well then.

Stragglers

Damian, Aciero, and Johann remain in the pub, pondering their next move.

Fine, leave, meet you there later. Tired of waiting though.
Hector marches to the nearest house and knocks on the door.
Excuse me! Hello! Going to fight strange things, need weapons! Anyone home?!

Nearest house, huh?
[Basically just random luck=3]
You knock on the door to an old fashioned house. An elderly man opens the door and peers suspiciously at you.
"What?" He turns his head sideways, so his ear is closer to you. Must be hard of hearing.

"FINE! Go ahead and "negotiate" with "the police" for the "expedition", I'm gonna go "make" some "cocktails" to "deal" with "the" "pigs"."

"Also, I "really" need to "get out" of this "habit" of putting "air quotes" around "most" of "my words""

Grab some alcohol and some rags in order to create a molotov cocktail.

The pub doesn't sell anything strong enough to burn well, so you head over to your personal stash in a nearby dumpster.
[Cleverness?=3]
...The dumpster would appear to be empty. Damn, that trash collector must have stolen it again!

To take your mind off the pain, you quickly collect the other materials you need. A rag, and a box of matches.
Meanwhile, you consider the best way to get the booze. You have a distillery stowed away that could make some more, but that would take a few weeks. There's always the liquor store, but they kicked you out last time... hmm, the chemist, Johann, might have something workable.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2017, 08:30:11 pm »

*ahem*
...we could always ask for weapons, and frame it as an "expedition"...
We could try it. They might be fine with that.
It's the search for knowledge!

And besides, it could always be a negotiation instead.
"We want to go exploring, and we want to not die while doing that. That requires equipment. You have that; we don't. My friends here would like to remedy that by force. I would rather not have a fight. Allow us access to protective armor and weaponry, even if just long enough to search the RD for other equipment in safety. There are worse ways that this could go."
As originally suggested: we can ask for stuff first, and if as Klakov says, they have no real use for weapons, they would have no real reason not to let us have some. It's not like we'd only use what they give us; we'll just use it to help make the visit to the dump safer and more rewarding.
Where's what I do?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5