Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Roll To Split Time: Lets Kill Off The Protagonist Again 10 More Times  (Read 4088 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Split Time: Tailor Tails
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2017, 08:55:48 am »

Do(Speak to Time about the device, T000101);
This timeline didn't seem to end, so I'm going to try this.

Guess I'll stop rolling dice, as I can see no effect as of yet.

@T000101 A time line is dead if it or all of it's child timelines are dead. As a result, timeline T000101 is dead.
@Dice mostly intended Rng() to be a function for meta stuff.
I probably won't write the turn until later today so feel free to revise/post whatever actions
10: Do(revive timeline T0000101);
20: If(have knowledge on how to revive a timeline)=false; Do(figure out how to revive a timeline); Goto(10);
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

10: Do(revive timeline T0000101);
Way too soon for me to give you any power of that magnitude. Sorry. That being said, there may be a time in the future when you can divide a timeline into 3 or more direct branches such that you see a timeline with a 2 within its id code. This is actually technically possible but it would involve multiple people choosing 1 specific timeline to fork using separate actions.
Do(Speak to Time about the device, T000101);
It's Dead Jim...
Do(Call Doc Sproc anyway just to be sure. Maybe their answering machine will have a message, or some information we can use.);
int ActionRoll = RNG(6) => 1

The Screen Has The String 'T00101100101' Lit Up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You are just about to call Doc Sproc when you feel a piercing sensation. And by piercing I mean a knife in your back. You think you are dead. Then you die. Painfully. TIME LINE  'T00101100101' HAS ENDED.

The Screen Has The String 'T10101100101' Lit Up.
You briefly exit the market to call Doc Sproc. You hear several rings and then someone picks up. A man with a delightfully British accent picks up. Good Day Sir, You Have Reached the Office of Doc Sproc and Co. How may I help you?

The Screen Has The String 'T01101100101' Lit Up.
You have so much on your mind right now that you forget to call Doc Sproc

The Screen Has The String 'T11101100101' Lit Up.
You are calling Doc Sproc when you feel a piercing sensation. And by piercing I mean a knife in your back. You think you are dead. Then you die. Painfully. Well you what they say; Do Not ask who the phone rings for, for it rings for you. TIME LINE  'T11101100101' HAS ENDED.

Do: (keep searching for time.)
int ActionRoll = rng(1d6) => 3

The Screen Has The String 'T10101100101' Lit Up.
You ask the man on the phone, do you know where I could find Time? The man replies, Pardon sir, but I am not acquainted with anyone named Time.

The Screen Has The String 'T01101100101' Lit Up.
You begin to search for Time, something you are surely lacking.

Do(browse for a tailor, with the device in view so that if one can help me, they will know)
int ActionRoll = rng(1d6) => 1

The Screen Has The String 'T010101100101' Lit Up.
You search for a tailor. You find a tailgater, a mouldy tail, and some stale bread crumbs but you fail to find a tailor.

The Screen Has The String 'T110101100101' Lit Up.
You search for a tailor. You find a tailor. And by that I mean some kind of Mad Scientist who disects you and turns you into a zombie slave. Essentially, if Dr. Frankenstein was chose a more active method to gather corpses, that's who you ran into. TIME LINE 'T110101100101' HAS ENDED.

The Screen Has The String 'T001101100101' Lit Up.
You search for a tailor. You find a tailgater, a mouldy tail, and some stale bread crumbs but you fail to find a tailor.

The Screen Has The String 'T101101100101' Lit Up.
You succeed in finding the same Tailor who gave you the note in the same square.

20: If(have knowledge on how to revive a timeline)=false; Do(figure out how to revive a timeline); Goto(10);
int ActionRoll = rng(1d6) => 4

The Screen Has The String 'T0010101100101' Lit Up.
Through a bit of research at a nearby library, you discover that it has been theorized that it is possible to revive dead timelines.

The Screen Has The String 'T1010101100101' Lit Up.
You decide to order pizza while at the library to give you some energy during your research. You go outside to get your order and are ran over by a frozen pizza truck. Your old nemesis. TIME LINE 'T1010101100101' HAS ENDED.

The Screen Has The String 'T0001101100101' Lit Up.
You decide to order pizza while at the library to give you some energy during your research. You go outside to get your order and are ran over by a frozen pizza truck. Your old nemesis. TIME LINE 'T0001101100101' HAS ENDED.

The Screen Has The String 'T1001101100101' Lit Up.
You decide to order pizza while at the library to give you some energy during your research. You go outside to get your order and are ran over by a frozen pizza truck. Your old nemesis. TIME LINE 'T1001101100101' HAS ENDED.

The Screen Has The String 'T0101101100101' Lit Up.
The tailor gives you an annoyed look and tells you to learn to read. You leave the square and get run over by a frozen pizza van on the way to the library. TIME LINE 'T0101101100101' HAS ENDED.

The Screen Has The String 'T1101101100101' Lit Up.
You find no information on how you might revive dead timelines. You are left with no new leads. I scrap of paper goes remains forgotten in your pocket.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:10:59 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

((quick ping just in case people just missed last week's turn. If no one replies within a day or so then I will assume that player interest has died))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
Pages: 1 2 [3]