Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: The Downtown Game: Day 2: Dungeons and Drag-ons.  (Read 11549 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Downtown Game: Awaiting players (0/8-10)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 10:48:45 am »

Take stock of my surroundings. Try to figure out my general location. Try using the Map app if my phone has one.

Spoiler: Ted Thompson (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: The Downtown Game: Day 1: Turn 0
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 11:35:15 am »

Check around to see if I can recognize any of the street names.

Spoiler: Ross Roosevelt (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 12:12:08 pm »

Spoiler: Dylan Daehler (click to show/hide)
Explore around the place away from the subway station, make note of anything that could pique my interest. Check on my phone the next time a subway train will make a trip to this place.
(With the naming, what wrong with a little bit of alliteration nothing is wrong when their is that)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2017, 12:39:56 pm »

I meant to put up an application sooner. Mind squeezing me in?
Spoiler: Roésse Radde (click to show/hide)
Room for moar (or at least to get onto the waitlist)?

Spoiler: Sara Sarowski (click to show/hide)
Because you guys submitted sheets on turn zero, I can squeeze you in.
I'll do so after work.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 01:38:29 pm »

Check the station name. Do I recognize it? Is there anything nearby that I recognize?
Spoiler: Donny (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Fabulous death bringer

• Bay Watcher
  • Fabulous to the bitter end
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 02:13:47 pm »

"Did I sleep walk last night? I need to stop doing that.... If I even do" Lily mutters to her self

Check to see if Lily has a phone on her and contact her brothers. If no phone, then go and as some one "where am I?"

Spoiler: Lily LaBlanc (click to show/hide)
I didn't choose the Fabulous life, it chose me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Downtown Game: Day 1: Turn 1
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 12:08:58 am »

Section VI
Joe Joseph looks around him. Nope. There is not a damn thing around here that he's familier with.
With that, he hears his cell phone go off. It's a message...

Section VII
Donny DiBorgo checks the station name. "Eastside Station".
That's it. There aren't any stops that are just called Eastside. Nothing else looks familiar. Then his cell phone goes off. There's a new message...

Section VIII
Ted Thompson looks around him. Aside from the strange store he just left, apparently called "The Goth", what a dumb name, this place looks just like every other street in town. Only, without anything recognizable.
He pulls out his phone. The apps are all odd now, and half of them are missing, but maps are still there.
When he hits it, there is indeed a map that comes up, but it's not the town map. It's like some kind of weird board game shaped like a deformed butterfly. There's a main street down the middle, with 4 sections labled 1 through 4 in roman numerals. On the east wing, there's 5 though 8, with the 5 connecting to the 2, and the 8 to the 4. The 8 is lit up. There's an identical wing on the other side, also linking at 2 and 4, and a small circle around the 1. There are 16 sections, total.
His browsing at the map is interrupted by a text...

Section X
Ross Roosevelt looks about at the street names, but he doesn't recognize a single one of them.
His cell phone goes off. There's a new text...

Section XI
Dylan Daehler walks away from the subway and whips out his phone. Huh, he can't get a signal. Weird. Looking around, nothing looks out of place.
His eyes are pulled back down to the phone as he gets a text...

Section XII
Lily LaBlanc pulls out her cell phone and tries to make a call. There's no service. In the middle of town? She tries to ask someone passing by, but they don't even glance at her.
Then she gets a message on her phone...

Section V
Roésse Radde looks up from the sidewalk to the startling realization that this isn't the road she was just on. Before she can even collect her bearings, her cell phone goes off with a new message...

Section IX
Sara Sarowski sits on a bench, reading an English dictionary to try and memorize some cool-sounding words. When she takes a break and looks up, she realizes that she's not sure where she is now. She's on some downtown street that she hasn't been through before.
Closing the book, she feels her phone vibrate. There's a new text...

ALL PLAYERS
Spoiler: Unknown Sender (click to show/hide)

As each person reads the text that they mysteriously received, a sudden pulse of pain ripples through their right hand and up their arm, resulting in a red timer to scar on their palm, as it slowly counts down.

2:59:56

Around each of them, pockets of air warp and twist until small creatures, overgrown green frogs, begin to pour out. They immediately move towards the players, ignoring the crowds, who don't even seems to see them.

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pacts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bouncing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dodging (click to show/hide)
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 12:20:47 am »

Joe shouts out

"Is no one going to address the giant frogs!?

Thinking he's gotta be high on something, he complies to the text and dodges the frogs (?) as he heads towards the noted location
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 12:40:14 am »

"Hey! Does anyone else see this shit!?"

Bum-rushBounce towards the target location. In the meantime, text the Unknown Sender the message, "Who the hell are you? What the hell is going on?"

Spoiler: Donny DiBorgo (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 01:43:00 am »

((Heh, I thought that might have been the setting. I'll change this into an action momentarily. It's an action now.))

If I can dodge and head to 4, do that. If not, bounce to 4 then head north as close to 1 as I can get.

Spoiler: Ted Thompson (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:59:09 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 02:44:51 am »

PTW. Heheheh. Can't wait to see how this one goes.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 03:14:06 am »

((Heh, I thought that might have been the setting.))
I was trying really hard to hint at the setting without making it obvious until now. When did you start suspecting it?
The Derail Thread

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 07:03:42 am »

I KNEW IT! I mentioned that it seemed like TWEWY in my original application, but I spent so much time away from my signup that it erased itself, and I forgot to include it in my second sign-up. You may not believe me, but it's TRUE! If I had put that, it would've been LEGENDARY!

well, maybe not legendary..

And I only ever knew about TWEWY from a passing glance at someone playing Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I forgot about the pairing-up thing, so I'm glad Elvish Miner also signed up. Also, I didn't realize the name pattern until just now. Is that a TWEWY thing? Anyway, where's the map?

"Seems like another of those dreams..though I don't remember the hand-timer. The reapers are unfamiliar, too..and the frogs are different. And is 'erasure' even a term?. So I guess this isn't like those dreams, then. Now I just need a map to Northern Heights..."

Bounce.
Spoiler: Roésse Radde (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:15:11 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 09:41:06 am »

I must be seeing things, right? Well if I were seeing things than the other people would probably not be panicking...", Dylan Daehler thinks to himself as a response to what is happening

Time to comply to the unknown sender, and bounce away from the subway station into the next closest area towards the target location

Spoiler: Dylan Daehlee (click to show/hide)

Elvish Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 09:53:32 am »

Oh kurwa, what is going on? Sara thinks to herself. As she stands up and starts rubbing the scar on her palm, trying to get rid of it. She starts to see... Frogs? "Hey, does anyone else see this?! She calls out, as the frogs start to move towards her. She attempts to dodge out of the way while calling for help.

Spoiler: Sara Sarowski (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:12:55 pm by Elvish Miner »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13