Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kindlework - Masterwork 2014  (Read 537 times)

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kindlework - Masterwork 2014
« on: April 12, 2017, 09:46:15 am »

I am the mighty artificer, Momuz Atirzagod, known among my own folk as Crypt. It has been my life's work to advance dwarfkind's knowledge of the deeper mysteries, of magic and of the more arcane shaping of such things as moonsilver and mithril! It has been almost a year since the dark day upon which I was cast from my home by ignorant fools who could not understand my designs. They saw my great experiments, and burned my plans, Savages, They cannot see my designs! But they shall not stop me. I have not starved in these harsh months of autumn and winter, and I have wandered across the world, learning things the fools of my home could never have known. I have grown my own intellect, further and further, and have gathered to me six disciples, wise enough to understand my new designs, and we have traveled deep into the southern woods, far from the belligerence of our kin.

I have been named as lord of this new expedition, and it is my desire to delve deep, and to build high. We shall not hide ourselves entirely beneath the earth, but shall carry our artifice into the sky, upon the solid shoulders of a mighty tower. Today, we have founded a new fortress, one that will soon grow and swell to be among the greatest in all the world, today, the blaze of my intellect has been set to it's toil, in Kindlework!

With me come the brightest minds and strongest arms I could summon up from the ignorant masses. They are;

Bust Binshoot, a sturdy fellow and a miner by profession, though a trained mason and carpenter to. He is a dull young dwarf, but has made me a fine assistant for many a month.

Gorge Midnightcontain (Or Eddasetost), a friend to Bust, a trained woodsman and charcoal burner, she will be of some use when the great forges begin to billow!

Granite Saturnine, a dear friend of mine, who has assisted me alongside Bust, but in a more intellectual manner. She has been my aide for many years already, a skilled scribe, cook, paper-maker, and even a farmer in her younger days. She perhaps is the only one who ever saw my oldest plans, asides from me, though they are burned now, and what they held is forgotten, for the moment.

Sin Taintentry, a young miner cursed with a bad name at her birth, sent out into the world a lonely outcast. I am glad that we found her, as she will make skilled labour alongside Bust. I do not know her much, but she seems a pleasant enough wanderer.

Taint Armourgrasp is our mechanic, engineer and chemist, a skilled young dwarf who has made a fine friend to me. It will be his mind that dreams the greatest glories of our tower, alongside my own inventions. Unfortunately, he is not an inventive fellow himself, but he is a stout mechanic.

Vile Spiralpick is... something, certainly. She was an apothecary, who trained with me in the healer's guild, but she soon grew to be much too fascinated with surgery and combat. She is our butcher, doctor and axedwarf. It makes me nervous to combine the three.

Last of all, but certainly not least am I, myself! Crypt Dyegrip, Artificer and Inventor extraordinaire! By my trade as a young man I was an apothecary, and then a herbalist, but I quickly moved to mechanics and engineering! I produced hundred of blueprints in years passed, of massive and glorious construction, but now, all lie burnt, and I must begin my arduous craft entirely once again! I swear it now that I shall guide the folk of Kindlework to the highest glories of Dwarfkind, and the light of innovation shall rise like a star with our tower!

Of course, we must begin with burrowing and building, as all fortresses.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:02:10 am by Herodian »
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kindlework - Masterwork 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 03:38:29 pm »

this succession?  i want in!

Herodian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kindlework - Masterwork 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 04:48:37 pm »

And the save broke. How anticlimactic. On the plus side, I do have a bunch of ideas for other Masterwork succession and story forts. I'll either restart Kindlework or get to work on a Dwarvern Legion succession game or something lik that.
The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-dûm.