Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I...?  (Read 904 times)

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can I...?
« on: April 12, 2017, 09:38:48 am »

Edit my adventurers group into a Civ through a save file?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Can I...?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 06:59:10 pm »

Not possible.

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 10:20:10 am »

damn, ok.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 10:48:22 am »

While I don't know about editing saves, I do know this is possible with dfhack. My most recent bit of dfhackery had me learning a bit about how entities work so I've managed to create a couple of scripts to do this. This comes with caveats, of course: what I know about entities is still very limited and it might require more than what my scripts currently do to have the game treat your group properly (it's lacking things like diplomacy, historical events, site links, and other stuff that might be important) - all I know is it's enough for Legends Viewer to mention the group as part of the civilization. Also it might corrupt saves (I just assume anything I code does that).

The first script is used to get the IDs of the Entities (Your adventuring group, The civilization) using their names:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The second script does the actual linking. There's no checking to see if the group and civ aren't already linked, so that part's on the user if they link something already link and break everything :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This all assumes you've got some familiarity with dfhack, but hey - if you were willing to learn how to edit save files, then you're probably willing to learn how to use/install dfhack :P