Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Flamehorses, the luddite fortress (It has begun!)  (Read 27198 times)

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flamehorses, the luddite fortress (It has begun!)
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2017, 06:26:56 pm »

well i guess its up to me to embark a new location?  there's a reasonable one 2 clicks directly north of the ruins of flamehorses, right by a river.  same unicorns, same necromancers (although they might all be dead).  perfectly flat.  looks like this:

in the distant lower left of the world is sinister freezing tundra of death which might be fun.

although i'm not really sure why we have our hearts set on the same world.  I can gen a better one; a more lag resistant one; one with werewolves maybe.  besides i'm pretty sure we killed every necromancer in the world.

oh hey here's a different necromancer tower up north in a mirthful rocky wasteland with no trees.
http://i.imgur.com/w7C733O.png

but still sure you don't want a better world?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2017, 07:49:54 pm »

I guess I just don't want the original world to go forgotten. But that's pretty much it. We could go to a different world.

But since it probably won't be called Flamehorses, we might want to make a new thread. New players and readers are attracted to new threads anyway.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2017, 10:56:59 pm »

I'd be interested in reading about this new fort, though I'll be gone for two-thirds of July. I feel it is absolutely essential for a mechanical trap-based fort to have a minecart railgun. That has to be almost the first thing you do, IMO.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2017, 11:30:32 pm »

I'd be interested in reading about this new fort, though I'll be gone for two-thirds of July. I feel it is absolutely essential for a mechanical trap-based fort to have a minecart railgun. That has to be almost the first thing you do, IMO.

Honestly, I can never get minecarts to work properly. Every time I try to use them, they end up either not getting pushed because of something I didn't think of, or they fly out of control and swerve into a crowd I swear wasn't there before.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2017, 05:16:51 pm »

So, what's the plan? New world, or to continue with this one?

Meanwhile, I tried to sneak into Flamehorses. Probably, to pick a panda man for such a mission wasn't the best idea ever... 0 stealth. Anyhow, I didn't see the book near the edge, where it used to lay. I guess,  zazq had time to put it inside the library, which complicates the mission. Very soon, I got murdered in a blink of an eye by one of the demons.

Maybe I will try more, but it seems to be a hard mission to sneak into the fortress, full of deamons. And there is no any settlement close to Flamehorses to easily spam massive amount of attempts.

EDIT: I've finally recalled that everything get scattered after abandon...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 05:39:36 pm by hun »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2017, 06:08:56 pm »

So, what's the plan? New world, or to continue with this one?

Meanwhile, I tried to sneak into Flamehorses. Probably, to pick a panda man for such a mission wasn't the best idea ever... 0 stealth. Anyhow, I didn't see the book near the edge, where it used to lay. I guess,  zazq had time to put it inside the library, which complicates the mission. Very soon, I got murdered in a blink of an eye by one of the demons.

Maybe I will try more, but it seems to be a hard mission to sneak into the fortress, full of deamons. And there is no any settlement close to Flamehorses to easily spam massive amount of attempts.

EDIT: I've finally recalled that everything get scattered after abandon...

Yeah... in hindsight that is not going to work.

But I do think Zazq is right about how we should gen a new world. So I think that's the plan if you guys are okay with it.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2017, 07:11:31 pm »

Yes, let's just start a new world. Demons mostly fled away from fortress after few weeks, but finding the book is still pain in the ass.

I think we should leave world's creation to zazq, he is good at that.

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2017, 05:20:36 pm »

If it doesn't turn into my turn on simplefort then i'll try to gen something this evening.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 03, 2017, 06:57:46 pm »

If it doesn't turn into my turn on simplefort then i'll try to gen something this evening.

Thank you Zazq! We'd be dead without you  ;)

zazq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 03, 2017, 08:35:56 pm »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2017, 05:58:19 pm »

This was a fun read :)  Shame there wasn't time for more !SCIENCE! with the FDNs.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2017, 06:43:18 pm »

This was a fun read :)  Shame there wasn't time for more !SCIENCE! with the FDNs.

Going to guess you mean necromancers because I don't get slang. It is a pity.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]