Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The secrets of lust  (Read 3511 times)

Ekaton

• Bay Watcher
  • Love the Bomb
    • View Profile
The secrets of lust
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:29:18 am »

In the fortress mode, I've found a 'hidden fire opal slab' in the river, and it's description shows that it reads "The secrets of lust". Is it kind of like the necromancers slabs? If so, what could it mean? Will someone hwo reads it get the power to unlock the true power of lust? A lust-mancer?

I will try to move it when the river freezes.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The secrets of lust
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 05:41:24 am »

The only secret currently is the one of life and death, so no, sadly, you shouldn't get the power to create incubii/succubii. I haven't heard of anything like what you describe though. I assume you're not using a mod that might introduce odd stuff without mentioning it.

"Hidden" might refer to the DF hidden property whereby items can be marked as hidden and thus not displayed. If so, it can be revealed by toggling the hidden property.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 05:53:01 am »

Read it and find out.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 09:18:33 am »

This is interesting... and it is just sitting in a river?

Can we have a screenshot? If you aren't using a mod, you might have found something nobody else has.

Also, there is the chance that some wizard snuck into your fortress, then fell in the river and drowned. But you would probably see a body if that is the case.

Fearless Son

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 03:53:36 pm »

In the fortress mode, I've found a 'hidden fire opal slab' in the river, and it's description shows that it reads "The secrets of lust". Is it kind of like the necromancers slabs? If so, what could it mean? Will someone hwo reads it get the power to unlock the true power of lust? A lust-mancer?

This sounds like the beginning of a bad horror/exploitation/erotica film...

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 04:12:57 pm »

We cannot wait!
Please, don't wait for winter, build 4 pumps on the river to dam it out and tell us about the slab's effects!
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 06:39:52 pm »

Dwarf Fortress, you never disappoint. This is too funny!  :P
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 08:24:46 pm »

This slab is obviously immersed in the river because it needs cold water constantly flowing over it to prevent it from becoming dangerous to all life (possibly due to massive population explosion). Investigate it's secrets at once.. but in the privacy of your own room ;)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 01:33:29 am »

Could it be related to vault HFS?

Spoiler: HFS Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 09:12:45 am »

Could it be related to vault HFS?

If so... that leads to a bigger question. How did it get there?

Fearless Son

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 01:28:57 pm »

Waitaminute, you found this potentially demonic artifact of immense temptation just lying in a river next to a settlement of small folk?  Why does this feel familiar...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 08:46:43 am »

Fool prolly went on an adventure.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 06:11:53 pm »

Waitaminute, you found this potentially demonic artifact of immense temptation just lying in a river next to a settlement of small folk?  Why does this feel familiar...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What could go wrong.

Read it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 10:21:08 am »

Why do they always leave the nice, hidden comfort of their homes and go on hideously painful adventures that always end in excruciatingly painful deaths and seem to always involve some sort of evil ring object and the associated corruption, temptation, withering, demonic grammar degradation, and poor dietary choices???
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 11:10:38 am »

Why do they always leave the nice, hidden comfort of their homes and go on hideously painful adventures that always end in excruciatingly painful deaths and seem to always involve some sort of evil ring object and the associated corruption, temptation, withering, demonic grammar degradation, and poor dietary choices???
'Cause the ones who didn't resulted in such boring stories that they never got published...
Pages: [1] 2