Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we take mate off of the "List of Important People"?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 01, 2016, 07:55:06 pm

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: Gloomdiamonds: The End of the Story (Finished)  (Read 52989 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomdiamonds: The Twilight of the Saga
« Reply #630 on: April 07, 2017, 12:54:20 am »

Oh dear.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #631 on: April 07, 2017, 04:49:38 pm »

Fuck. I think it's corrupted, and I forgot to back up.
edit: It's good

Due to technical issues, save is late.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 04:40:12 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #633 on: April 12, 2017, 01:31:28 pm »

Okay, I've downloaded the save. FPS is steady at about 15, not bad considering how much of a mess of critters is around. My question is why is everyone dying of dehydration? 1900+ drinks, none forbidden, and no obvious blockages preventing access. They are literally dying steps away from a drink stock pile, and just standing there.

Proof of life until death.

*EDIT* At this point, I'm about to say it's bugged and save scum, as around 70 deaths have occurred, with no actual reason for it. There's plenty of drinks, they have access to the drinks, they refuse to drink. They refuse to do anything. Other than the soldiers sparring, no one is doing anything, just display no job.

*EDIT 2* It's bugged, there is no way possible for them to be dying like this. 100+ deaths since last post, with no reason. They refuse to walk south about 20 or so tiles and grab a damn drink. I'm save scumming, and see if the same thing happens.

*EDIT 3* Save scummed, made sure the old copy was deleted before extracting the save, and same thing. Most of the fort is dying of dehydration. If I unpause the game, I will start having a string of deaths which make no sense.

This is just one section of the health screen. Most of the population is dehydrated or thirsty.

Plenty of food and drink in stock, even for this large of a population.

Ordered the walls to the north and south of the nearby stockpile to a large number of the affected torn down. They had no issues reaching the room itself. It's a drink stockpile, so no excuse for not being able to find a drink. We'll see if tearing down the wall works.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:07:06 pm by azrael4h »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 12, 2017, 02:20:28 pm »

Just hurry up and finish!!!

Release me from this nightmare.

And dehydration and a fuckton of drinks is not a new issue, just pray your dwarves get over it
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 12, 2017, 05:20:32 pm »

The Starcats are punishing you for your refusal to respect them... I wish to join them in the stars. The Sinners will die and I will laugh. You have no choice but to slowly dehydrate, while I choose to die, laughing at you all. The end approaches as your false gods die. The merging of the dimensions is almost complete, and those demons who ruled us for so long are powerless to stop it.. The demon king wants to redeem himself by abandoning the world he helped bring into being.All will die so the Starcats can bring in the chosen creatures. I will be able to take the holy form, although I was unable to start the holy growth the demons and their avatars fear, the non-avatars will be forgiven, unless they have harmed or eaten one of the holy beings. The slowing of time is upon us, and I laugh at the demons and their king.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 17, 2017, 08:39:16 pm »

Welp
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:23:30 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Gloomdiamonds: The End of the Story (Finished)
« Reply #637 on: May 19, 2019, 12:50:05 am »

The Third Part of the Saga

Doomhollow
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:56:42 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]