Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Allow us to see our adventurers likes/dislikes  (Read 972 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Allow us to see our adventurers likes/dislikes
« on: April 16, 2017, 01:31:27 pm »

At the moment we cannot enter the full character screen for our adventurers during play, which I get around by simply taking a screenshot of my character when I create them.  However even though the characters have the demand to eat a nice meal, there is no actual information about what our adventurers likes/dislikes actually are.  Including on the initial creation screen strangely, so even screenshot taking does not allow me to get around this limitation. 

I suggest that we be able to see the likes/dislikes of our adventurers, even if only on the initial character creation screen.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Allow us to see our adventurers likes/dislikes
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 01:35:56 pm »

Didn't think it possible, but I finally agree with you on something. Sounds like this would be a very handy feature.

I haven't played Adv. Mode much since 31.25 (I shall miss you, money bag-swinging murder merchant,) but I imagine they have lots of the same "focus" issues fort dorfs have, and it's hard to counter a need if you can't see it.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 03:14:29 pm »

This would be great to have.

The current workaround I use is to retire the adventurer to a player fort. However, there are still sync issues with retired adventurers in player forts. While you can read their thoughts, likes and dislikes may not show up at all. The last time I retired an adventurer, who became that fort's hunter, noble/squad positions were never available options. Certainly an improvement from DF2014's hostile retired adventurer.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 01:27:18 pm »

The description page has this, like with all other characters. It's usually just 1-2 short sentences like "He admires purring maggots for their purr."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 06:22:54 pm »

The description page has this, like with all other characters. It's usually just 1-2 short sentences like "He admires purring maggots for their purr."
?
No it doesn't. All you get is a body and hair description. You must be playing with a mod that uses a dfhack script or something to bring up the fortress mode descriptions in adventure. Handy, but we'd like to see this as an actual part of the game.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 11:47:21 pm »

My understanding (which might be flawed) is that adventurers don't have preferences.  Preferences are created when a dwarf joins as fortress.  I think (but haven't tested it yet) that if you petition an adventurer to stay in a fortress they will get preferences when they become a citizen.  If you are already a citizen when you create the character, you will never get preferences.