Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Re: Modding Utility: RCFC v2.01.00  (Read 13112 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Utility: RCFC v1.33 (new raw alphabetizer!)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 11:27:27 pm »

I tried comparing body_default's between accelerated modest mod and I believe modest bodies, the body:basic_head was found in diff places in both files. 

I guess that's a good file to compare using the alphabetizer, didn't seem to work as I had hoped.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 07:35:05 am »

Hmm, well, it's possible that the files are different enough that the comparison software is having trouble aligning them.  That might be fixed by doing a hierarchical sort, but there are some cases where changing that order might lead to different meaning for the loaded files, so it wouldn't be a comparison anymore. 

I'll put some thought towards some kind of "mod comparison" tool. 
where is up?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 08:24:55 am »

yeah, hierarchical sort would most likely be needed, but if it's going to break things, then nevermind.

there already is a mod comparison tool btw, mod manager, and I was asking for an alphabetizer for the tokens within each object due to the same reasons (i.e. token's would be at different places in an object when comparing two objects, and would be merged in twice)

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Utility: RCFC v1.33
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013, 07:31:21 pm »

Cool!  Glad that's working.  Getting stonesense a bit more mod-friendly is a good thing.  Having to do a second set of sprites just for stonesense seems like too much work, and the 16x16 sprites do a decent job of visualizing what's going on I think. 
where is up?

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 07:44:53 am »

So, I've only just found this, and it looks great! Because it's almost impossible for me to use any program without potentially wanting to fix any bugs I might find, I was wondering if the source code available anywhere? (And is it also distributed under the apache license which is bundled in the rar file, because that would be awesome!)

Many thanks!

~ T

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 11:00:34 am »

So, I've only just found this, and it looks great! Because it's almost impossible for me to use any program without potentially wanting to fix any bugs I might find, I was wondering if the source code available anywhere? (And is it also distributed under the apache license which is bundled in the rar file, because that would be awesome!)

Many thanks!

~ T

The code is available at https://github.com/Caldfir/RCFC.  I wrote the central code ages ago, and since then I've only really gone around applying it to different things.  I think I originally intended to release it under the apache license, and it's been available on github for ages; though if you do find and squash any bugs I would appreciate being informed so I can merge the changes. 

At some point I should really come back to this and give it a good cleaning, but I do seem to be extremely busy so we'll see when that happens.
where is up?

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2016, 12:49:03 pm »

At some point I should really come back to this and give it a good cleaning, but I do seem to be extremely busy so we'll see when that happens.

Only took 2 years, but I have an update :)
where is up?

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Utility: RCFC v2.01.00
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2017, 01:04:13 am »

woohoo - annual update 2.01.00

Added a "lazy" option in config which only loads data as needed (rather than all together upfront).  I don't think performance is a big deal unless you're chewing on something huge like Masterwork, but that's what I felt like programming today while spaced out on pain meds after surgery.  I also fixed up the assembly/deployment, so this will hopefully be less painful to update in the future (which was one of the big reasons this has been dead so long). 

I think the next thing I'll try to tackle will probably be a "logical-merge" function.  There's plenty of similar functionality floating around this forum, but the difference here would be that the merge would be happening to the interpreted objects, rather than on the text, so it would probably be more robust.  We'll see. 
where is up?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Utility: RCFC v2.01.00
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2017, 05:25:05 am »

Thankfully, that's not necessary in Armok Vision, since it loads creature graphics in the same format as DF. No conversion necessary.
Pages: 1 2 [3]