Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Status of update from 1.24c to 1.24d  (Read 2215 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Status of update from 1.24c to 1.24d
« on: April 17, 2017, 12:43:12 pm »

Status of update from 1.24c to 1.24d.

I've made some serious progress on the front of cleaning up the entity files by finishing the entity_good_dwarf.txt in just over 4 hours.  I'll post it in sections over the next several posts.  I've pretty much figured out the gui bug and defeated it through cheater bars.  the file is now organizable (which has been done) and cleaned up (really its been getting a lot of chop, cut, copy, paste done.  removed a lot of unnecessary tags (there is no reason to remove mod items like stal and grim, if the mod item text itself has a tag breaker in it).  Formatted to look prettier and easier to read, also easier to duplicate into other entity files.  I'll finish off the "playable" races first then move on.  Even with additional comments and a fixes, the file length over all was reduced by ~15% due to so much junk data, repeat entries, items/reactions/buildings that no longer exist in any format, unnecessary tag removals, and basic good practice formatting.  Okay lets see how well I can get it to display here...

-Amostubal
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Status of update from 1.24c to 1.24d
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 12:45:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 12:46:38 pm »

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 12:47:31 pm »

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 12:50:47 pm »

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 12:56:08 pm »

lol - I even spotted 12 more duplicate lines from the original while posting.... basically this file is nearly complete on being cleaned up,  I'll clean Kobold, human, & orc also this way... succubus is boltgun's so I'll let him decide how he wants to proceed.  I'll probably have them cleaned up long before the end of today.  I tied reactions to their buildings (or in the case of reactions for vanilla buildings, I stuffed them together with a #comment stating their building) it makes the file easier to read.  once they are all done, I can move onto reaction.txts with more confidence as these better written entity files will help sort those files.

anyways, have !!fun!!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 07:56:24 pm »

Thank you for doing this, I hope you get a new version out soon.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 08:56:54 am »

yeah I haven't posted an update in a bit... currently passing through the reaction_dwarf_civ...  any reaction set that has more than 1 race set of buildings is being separated into individual files, than grouped along lines that make sense (crucible, armory, weaponry, blast furnace together because they have a standard building set and a single human guild set (the smith guild))

others are being separated out because they are actually mod sets that were pushed into the dwarf file, like handpump and the water/magma well reactions were separated into one file.

and a lot of cleanup of the actual reactions.
the format is:
reaction
tab->name
tab->building
tab->reagent
tab->tab->modifiers for reagents
tab->product
tab->tab->modifiers for reagents
tab->skill
tab-> fuel/automatic

1 token per line, which makes it easier to read, tab in for when something is directly affecting the token prior to it.

added descriptions... sooo many descriptions... basically if it does more than what the name can really expressed it has a description added to fully express that; i.e. bedroom set description:create a bed, a cabinet, a box, and a door. ; armor set description:creates a helm, an armor, greaves, high boots, and gauntlets.

added flavor text to trade shops... was having fun... basic things such as title ====stone====  has a description discussing how it's so hard to make money in stone, and the ====ore==== title talking about how he's been telling his brother that ore is where the money is. all the titles for shops did have a reagent:coin attached to them that would move the title with the item list so that when items under it were available for purchase they would appear in the list properly... fixed that with a preserve reagent tag, so that they wouldn't eat money. 

fixed copper vouchers in human weapon trading (apparently at some point it was renamed improperly with the wrong metal making it inaccessible, even though it was in the entity list).

if a reaction has boulder/blocks/bars/etc:none:none:none - fixed it to none:inorganic:none where appropriate, which allows for setting of the stone or metal used by the 'details'.  reduced areas where multiple reactions were put in to cover multiple material versions of the same type; like the stone sells of the trading reactions; so that instead of having 15 reactions to sell boulders, there is 1 generic boulder sell and 1 generic flux boulder sell, and 2 'rare' sells of specific stones that had higher costs.

formatting the entity file further as I clean up the reactions.  of course I'm fixing tags that are broken. but I'm switching the order of reactions/buildings in the entity to show all the "mod"ular content first, and race base items second.  titled them "MOD PNP CONTENT" and "{race} FLAVOR CONTENT".

reaction files have a section at the beginning that explains the file, and provides a dead list of the building and reactions: i.e.:
Code: [Select]
reaction_smith_guild

#A- this is the 4 sections of the human smith guild which is also the
# Crucible, Blast Furnace, Weaponry, and Armory in the dwarven society.
# this made it a perfect set to be put together as one group here.

[OBJECT:REACTION]

##### BUILDING AND REACTION LIST ##############################################
*PERMITTED_BUILDING:CRUCIBLE*
*PERMITTED_BUILDING:MAGMA_CRUCIBLE*
+HUMAN_GUILD_UPGRADE:GUILD_SMITH_N+
*PERMITTED_REACTION:OBSIDIAN_BOULDER*
*PERMITTED_REACTION:STEEL_MAKING_CRUCIBLE*
*PERMITTED_REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING_CRUCIBLE*
*PERMITTED_REACTION:BAUXITE_ALU*
*PERMITTED_REACTION:COBALTITE_COBALT*
*PERMITTED_REACTION:RAW_MITHRIL_MITHRIL*
*PERMITTED_REACTION:SILVER_MITHRIL*
*PERMITTED_REACTION:WOLFRAMITE_TUNGSTEN*
#
*PERMITTED_BUILDING:WEAPONRY*
*PERMITTED_BUILDING:MAGMA_WEAPONRY*
+HUMAN_GUILD_UPGRADE:GUILD_SMITH_E+
*PERMITTED_REACTION:LUA_HOOK_IMPROVE_ITEM_EXAMPLE_ITEM_WEAPON_PICK*
*PERMITTED_REACTION:LUA_HOOK_IMPROVE_ITEM_EXAMPLE_ITEM_WEAPON_BATTLE_PICK*

reaction files for races are written as if the entity file is this reaction list for them, so in order of what is in the entity file you get information in the reaction file ie:

reaction_dwarf_civ

[OBJECT:REACTION]
#notes: A- reactions in the individual race civ reaction files are for the
# 'flavor' of the race.  reactions that are used in multiple races are not
# 'flavor', and therefore are moved out of the reaction files for the races
# and placed in individual files, so they appear as they really are a part
# of a plug and play system of files for building the reactions of a race.
# reactions will be here in the order as they appear in the entity file,
# reactions that were removed to other files will have their file names
# listed.  Mods that are pulled out will be listed first as to keep these
# remarks to a limited readable list.

###############################################################################
##### Vanilla building reactions ##############################################
# reaction_vanilla.txt         - location of basic DF vanilla reactions
# reaction_vanilla_mw_adds.txt - location of MW reactions added to vanilla
# reaction_smelter.txt         - location of all the smelting
# reaction_embroidery.txt      - mushroom dyes, mushroom cheese
#
#A- may remove mushroom dyes and mushroom cheese to a seperate file, why is
# it in there? most likely due to it coming from one writer.

##### Additonal PnP Mods (sets of buildings and/or reactions ##################
# reaction_patron.txt       - reactions for patron buildings
# reaction_liquids.txt      - Handpump and Waterwell reactions
# reaction_silk.txt         - egg silk reactions, Kazoo
# reaction_campfire.txt     - set fires from a campfire
# reaction_archive.txt      - great archive building.
# reaction_meph.txt         - Meph's decorations
# reaction_trading.txt      - merchant shop reactions
# reaction_pottery.txt      - all the clay/pottery reactions
# reaction_inventor.txt     - inventor shop reactions.
# reaction_embroidery.txt   - reactions for the dyer and embroidery studios.
# reaction_mw_crafters.txt  - masterwork stone, wood, gem, bone crafters
# reaction_poison_vat.txt   - poison vat reactions!
# thatchery is currently inside of reaction_kobold...it will be moved.
# reaction_brickoven.txt    - brickoven reactions.
# reaction_siegeworks.txt   - heavy seige reactions.

##### Dwarf reactions - Dwarf flavor ##########################################

#####  WEIGHT BENCH    ########################################################

specifics:

I cleaned and corrected the crap out of the clay to pottery reactions, ensured their reactions worked, pushed the cleaned versions for dwarves, Kobolds, orcs(into the muckraker shop) and humans (into the kobold workshop).  the old reactions still exist inside the vanilla reaction file, and are in the orc and human kilns since both of them have a harder to get to shop... making the diversity of the pottery mod only available through work, and the basic base reactions (jugs, largepots, statues, blocks) as available prior to obtaining the sieve skills in those shops.  considering allowing dwarves and kobolds those base reactions also, so that players who don't want the huge "additional items" from the pottery mod still can access the basics...

I switched 2 shops in the orc files, Muckraker Shanty is now a Kobold ghetto shop, and the Thieves Shanty is now a Goblin ghetto shop.  It made more sense as Goblins are baby snatchers and Kobold is the base of the "deep" pottery system making them more of the appropriate selection for the shop.

Fixed the error in create-unit that caused the rare crashes.  Should be at 0 crash rate now.

That's a lot of information.  So right now I'm about 75% of finishing off the Dwarf reaction file, I'm going to finish it.  Then look at the Kobold file (its small and a lot of kobold reactions were already outside of the race, so it should be fast to clean up).  I think I'll have that done by Friday (48 ~ 72 hours away).

so prior to the 1.24d release:
1. finish dwarf entity/reaction file cleanup.
2. kobold entity/reaction file cleanup.
3. any emergency fixes that might be spotted.

so list of what will be pushed off to a 1.24e release:
1. human entity/reaction cleanup
2. orc entity/reaction cleanup
3. cleanup other entity files (they are really short)
4. cleanup other reaction files
5. cleanup item files
6. fix anything that might be broke in 1.24d
7. any emergency fixes that might be spotted.

I'm working at a break neck pace to get this job done.  After the dwarf reaction and kobold reaction fix.  Most of the file reactions that are spread across multiple races will be separated.  when I do the human files, I'll spot more "groups" so that I can put 2 to 3 shops together to correctly across "profession lines" as I have done in with the smith guild list.

Anyways... that's the update of where I'm at today.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:05:06 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 03:36:24 am »

Keep up the good work!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 09:03:49 pm »

Hi, it's Heydude, the guy who fixed boulder crabs! Sorry to interrupt but I finally fixed leatherwings and drakes and not being able to tan their sheared hides. I would post my fix here now, but in my time zone it's pretty late and the fix is a lot bigger than you would expect (Read: It's gonna be a massive wall of text and I'm too tired to write it at the moment). If you manage to finish your file cleanup, would it be possible to delay the release of the new version so I can get my fix in as well? I should have it in sometime tomorrow so the wait won't be that long.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 10:18:24 pm »

Hi, it's Heydude, the guy who fixed boulder crabs! Sorry to interrupt but I finally fixed leatherwings and drakes and not being able to tan their sheared hides. I would post my fix here now, but in my time zone it's pretty late and the fix is a lot bigger than you would expect (Read: It's gonna be a massive wall of text and I'm too tired to write it at the moment). If you manage to finish your file cleanup, would it be possible to delay the release of the new version so I can get my fix in as well? I should have it in sometime tomorrow so the wait won't be that long.

I put the boulder crab fix in, so yeah if you have a fix for the leatherwings and drakes (which I thin there is one more that is similarly broken, the frill lizards? I can't remember I'll have to look it up), I'll put in the upload... currently I'm running tests on the 1.24d changes... currently dwarves and kobolds are a go, going to test orcs, then humans tomorrow, here its late though I got to go to bed.  I hope that I'll be ready to pack it and post it in say ~18 to 20 hours from now.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 05:44:05 pm »

Sorry for the delay. Due to my busy schedule, I only just got back to my computer. Also the forum managed to swallow my post so I'm retyping it.

As you already know the inability to tan sheared hides is caused by the More Leather! mod. It changes skin into GLOBs and it changes the tanning reaction so it only accepts globs. What my fix does is add a second layer of shearable skin to leatherwings and drakes that isn't a GLOB and a new reaction to tan it. It also removes the shearable property of the original GLOB skin and it comes with GUI tags that prevent the game from breaking if you turn off More Leather! or Standardized Leather.

So first is the new reaction (you should also change the keybinding if you can since it shares the same hotkey as the original TAN_A_HIDE reaction)

[REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE_SHEARED] /new reaction to tan sheared fix leatherwings and drakes. Works by tanning regular hides(not globs). Disabled when "More Leather!" is turned off
[NAME:Tan any sheared hide]
[BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_T]

[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
[REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][REACTION_CLASS:SHEARED]
[UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TAN_MAT]
[SKILL:TANNER]
[AUTOMATIC]

Here's what you add to a creature's entity file to enable the reaction in the civ.

YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD[PERMITTED_REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE_SHEARED] /adds a reaction that tans hides sheared off of drakes and leatherwing bats

The next part is new materials, that is the material of the skin that isn't a GLOB. These have different names to distinguish them from the regular skin. They also have a unique reaction class that designates them as a sheared hide.

For leatherwings it's this:

[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BAT_SKIN_TEMPLATE] /This was copy and pasted from meph's bugfix in Ye Olde Masterwork, though modified to have the parts that designate it as a GLOB removed.
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:GRAY]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:winglet] /changed name to winglet to prevent confusion between sheared skin and butchered skin
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:winged]   /if a dwarf uses the sheared skin in a macabre mood, it will say "Winged item" rather than "Winglet totem"
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:GRAY]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:GRAY]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:n/a]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[SPEC_HEAT:4181]
[IGNITE_POINT:10508]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:10250]
[COLDDAM_POINT:9901]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:1000]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:NONE]
[MOLAR_MASS:NONE]
[IMPACT_YIELD:10000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:10000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[TENSILE_YIELD:10000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:10000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[TORSION_YIELD:10000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:10000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[SHEAR_YIELD:20000] used data for human skin
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:20000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[BENDING_YIELD:10000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:10000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:50000]
[MAX_EDGE:0]
[ABSORPTION:100]
This lets the game know to use this item to determine the exact material type for the leather product in the tanning reaction.
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER][REACTION_CLASS:LEATHER_NORMAL]
This lets the game know that an animal was likely killed in the production of this item.
[IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL]

[REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][REACTION_CLASS:SHEARED]
[ROTS]

For drakes it's this:

[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRAKESCALE_TEMPLATE] /a version of the scale template with the tokens that designate it as a glob removed, as well as adding REACTION_CLASS:SHEARED
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:GRAY]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:shedding] /when the creature is sheared, it will drop a "stray drake shedding", this is in order to prevent confusion with butchered scales
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:scale]     /adjective kept as scale on purpose
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:GRAY]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:n/a]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:GRAY]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:ashes] Modest Mod
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:n/a]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:1]
[SPEC_HEAT:870] Modest Mod
[IGNITE_POINT:10508]
[MELTING_POINT:11000] Modest Mod
[BOILING_POINT:12000] Modest Mod
[HEATDAM_POINT:10250]
[COLDDAM_POINT:9900]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:500]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:NONE]
[MOLAR_MASS:NONE]
[IMPACT_YIELD:10000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:10000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:10000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[TENSILE_YIELD:10000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:10000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[TORSION_YIELD:10000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:10000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[SHEAR_YIELD:60000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:120000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[BENDING_YIELD:10000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:10000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
[MAX_EDGE:0]
[ABSORPTION:100]
[IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL]
 [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:TANNED_SCALE]
 [REACTION_CLASS:SKIN] [REACTION_CLASS:SKIN_SCALE] [REACTION_CLASS:SHEARED]

Of course with new materials comes new tissues. Here is the one for leatherwings:

[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BAT_SKIN_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_NAME:skin:NP]
[SCARS]
YES_STANDARDIZED_LEATHER!TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BAT_SKIN]
YES_STANDARDIZED_LEATHER[TISSUE_MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:BAT_SKIN]

[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
Lower is faster.
[HEALING_RATE:100]

[VASCULAR:1]
[PAIN_RECEPTORS:5]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

And the one for Drakes:

[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:DRAKESCALE_TEMPLATE] /a new shearable hide for the drakes, based on the hair template to prevent it from making the creature tanky
[TISSUE_NAME:rough outer scale:STP]

YES_STANDARDIZED_LEATHER!TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:DRAKESCALE]
YES_STANDARDIZED_LEATHER[TISSUE_MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_LEATHER:DRAKESCALE]

[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[HEALING_RATE:100]
[SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE:SCALE]
[COSMETIC]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:SCALES]

Now for the final and hardest step, changing the creatures.

The first creature to change is the creature known as ANIMAL_LEATHER. It is located in "creature_fake" and is a key component to standardized materials.

In vanilla it's this:

// fake creature for leather
[CREATURE:ANIMAL_LEATHER]
   [NAME:rugged:rugged:rugged]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FAT:FAT_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TALLOW:TALLOW_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAP:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEATHER:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HARDENED_LEATHER:HARDENED_LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PARCHMENT:PARCHMENT_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SHELL:SHELL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TANNED_SHELL:TANNED_SHELL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SHELLPLATE:SHELLPLATE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TANNED_SCALE:TANNED_SCALE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALEPLATE:SCALEPLATE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHITIN:CHITIN_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TANNED_CHITIN:TANNED_CHITIN_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHITINPLATE:CHITINPLATE_TEMPLATE]
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
        [ARENA_RESTRICTED]
        [DOES_NOT_EXIST]

In my fix it's this:

// fake creature for leather
[CREATURE:ANIMAL_LEATHER]
   [NAME:rugged:rugged:rugged]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SKIN:SKIN_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BAT_SKIN:BAT_SKIN_TEMPLATE]          /new entry added to fix the shearing bug for leatherwing bats
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MUSCLE:MUSCLE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FAT:FAT_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR:HAIR_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TALLOW:TALLOW_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAP:SOAP_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEATHER:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HARDENED_LEATHER:HARDENED_LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PARCHMENT:PARCHMENT_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SHELL:SHELL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TANNED_SHELL:TANNED_SHELL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SHELLPLATE:SHELLPLATE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRAKESCALE:DRAKESCALE_TEMPLATE]       /new entry added to fix the shearing bug for drakes
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TANNED_SCALE:TANNED_SCALE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALEPLATE:SCALEPLATE_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHITIN:CHITIN_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TANNED_CHITIN:TANNED_CHITIN_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHITINPLATE:CHITINPLATE_TEMPLATE]
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
        [ARENA_RESTRICTED]
        [DOES_NOT_EXIST]

Next, we change the leatherwings. The entry for leatherwings can be found in "creature_domestic_DDD"

From this vanilla version:

[CREATURE:LEATHERWING_DDD]
[DESCRIPTION:A blind flying mammal that hunts small vermin.  Its furry little body is dwarfed by enormous leathery wings.  The many folds of skin from these wings can be safely trimmed as a renewable source of leather.]
[NAME:leatherwing bat:leatherwing bats:leatherwing bat]
[CASTE_NAME:leatherwing bat:leatherwing bats:leatherwing bat]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:leatherwing pup:leatherwing pups]
[CREATURE_TILE:'w'][COLOR:0:0:1]
[NATURAL][LARGE_ROAMING]
[CARNIVORE][HUNTS_VERMIN]
YES_DDD[PET]YES_DDD[COMMON_DOMESTIC]
[PETVALUE:29]
[CHILD:1]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:2]
[FREQUENCY:50]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:35:50]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:6]
[FLIER][EXTRAVISION] //Our bats can fly, and see without eyes
[HOMEOTHERM:10065]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_FLYING_GAITS:900:657:438:219:1900:2900] 40 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_WALKING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:3512:2634:1756:878:4900:6900] 10 kph
[NATURAL_SKILL:CLIMBING:15]
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[MUNDANE]
[PREFSTRING:chittering squeeks]
!NO_CREATURES_TRAINABLE!TRAINABLE][CREATURE_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES] [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK_FLIER:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4FINGERS:4TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODYGLOSS:PAW]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:800]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:2]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:EAR:80]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:NOSE:40]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:SKIN]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]
[TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:5]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
YES_STANDARD_BLOOD[BLOOD:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_BLOOD:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:100]
[BODY_SIZE:0:168:1900]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:2400]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:6:9]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]

[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:MOTTLED_TAN_SLATE_GRAY:2:MOTTLED_CHARCOAL_BLACK:1:MOTTLED_GRAY_DARK_CHESTNUT:1:MOTTLED_GRAY_BROWN:1:MOTTLED_TAN_DARK_BROWN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:fuzzy hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PINK:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:leathery wings:PLURAL]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:40:80:100:120:160:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:leathery wings:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_RATE:4:DAILY:0:360:0:0:NO_END] // A growth rate of 4 per day will result in a length of 360 after 90 days.
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:12:60:120:180:240:330]
[SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:LENGTH:330] // At 300 length the tissue layer (skin) will be shearable.  With our defined growth rate, this should be once per season.
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EAR:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:huge ears:PLURAL]

To this new version:

[CREATURE:LEATHERWING_DDD]
[DESCRIPTION:A blind flying mammal that hunts small vermin.  Its furry little body is dwarfed by enormous leathery wings.  The many folds of skin from these wings can be safely trimmed as a renewable source of leather.]
[NAME:leatherwing bat:leatherwing bats:leatherwing bat]
[CASTE_NAME:leatherwing bat:leatherwing bats:leatherwing bat]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:leatherwing pup:leatherwing pups]
[CREATURE_TILE:'w'][COLOR:0:0:1]
[NATURAL][LARGE_ROAMING]
[CARNIVORE][HUNTS_VERMIN]
YES_DDD[PET]YES_DDD[COMMON_DOMESTIC]
[PETVALUE:29]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:2]
[FREQUENCY:50]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:35:50]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:6]
[FLIER][EXTRAVISION] //Our bats can fly, and see without eyes
[HOMEOTHERM:10065]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_FLYING_GAITS:900:657:438:219:1900:2900] 40 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_WALKING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:3512:2634:1756:878:4900:6900] 10 kph
[NATURAL_SKILL:CLIMBING:15]
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[MUNDANE]
[PREFSTRING:chittering squeeks]
!NO_CREATURES_TRAINABLE!TRAINABLE][CREATURE_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES] [BODY:HUMANOID_NECK_FLIER:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4FINGERS:4TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODYGLOSS:PAW]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BAT_SKIN:BAT_SKIN_TEMPLATE]                    /adds the material for the shearable skin
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BAT_SKIN:BAT_SKIN_TEMPLATE]                      /adds the tissue for the shearable skin
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:800]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:2]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:EAR:80]
[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:NOSE:40]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]

YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:SKIN]             /prevents two hides from being received upon butchering with "More leather!" turned off
YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD!SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]         
YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD!TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:5]

YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:BAT_SKIN]        /used to be regular SKIN, replaced with BAT_SKIN since it's serving the same role
YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:BAT_SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER]      /used to be regular SKIN, replaced with BAT_SKIN since it's serving the same role
YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD[TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:5]

[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[HAS_NERVES]
YES_STANDARD_BLOOD[BLOOD:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_BLOOD:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:100]
[BODY_SIZE:0:168:1900]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:2400]
[MAXAGE:6:9]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]

[FEMALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL] /everything was tabbed to the right to fit the LEATHERMOD GUI token
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:MOTTLED_TAN_SLATE_GRAY:2:MOTTLED_CHARCOAL_BLACK:1:MOTTLED_GRAY_DARK_CHESTNUT:1:MOTTLED_GRAY_BROWN:1:MOTTLED_TAN_DARK_BROWN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:fuzzy hair:SINGULAR]
     YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD!SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:SKIN]
     YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ARM_UPPER:BAT_SKIN]                  /used to be regular SKIN, replaced with BAT_SKIN since it's serving the same role
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PINK:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:leathery wings:PLURAL]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:40:80:100:120:160:200]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:leathery wings:PLURAL]
[APP_MOD_RATE:4:DAILY:0:360:0:0:NO_END] // A growth rate of 4 per day will result in a length of 360 after 90 days.
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:12:60:120:180:240:330]
[SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:LENGTH:330] // At 300 length the tissue layer (skin) will be shearable.  With our defined growth rate, this should be once per season.
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EAR:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:huge ears:PLURAL]

And finally we change the drakes. The entry for drakes can be found in "creature_masterwork_pets"

From this:

[CREATURE:DRAKE]
   [CREATURE_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES][DESCRIPTION:A large reptile-like creature.  Agressive and used as a guard animal.  You can shear it's scales to make bronze grade armor from them.]
   [NAME:drake:drakes:drake]
   [CASTE_NAME:drake:drakes:drake]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'d'][COLOR:7:0:0]
   [PETVALUE:350]
   waspet  [PET][CREATURE_CLASS:PET_HEALING] [COMMON_DOMESTIC][CREATURE_CLASS:PET_HEALING]
   [TRAINABLE_WAR]
   [BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
   [PRONE_TO_RAGE:5]
   [FREQUENCY:100]
   [CARNIVORE][NATURAL]
   [LARGE_PREDATOR][MEANDERER]
   [NOFEAR]
   [LIKES_FIGHTING]

[PREFSTRING:scales]
   [PREFSTRING:viciousness]
   [LARGE_ROAMING]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:5:10]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:6]
   [BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]*was soul system EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_TYPE:THOUGHT  EBO_ITEM:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:SOUL:STRUCTURAL
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
      [REMOVE_TISSUE:SKIN]
      [REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SCALE:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:CLAW:FRONT]
    [PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
      [TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
   [HAS_NERVES]
   [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
   [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:2300]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:112:5000]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:224:7500]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:0:10000]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:168:45000]
   [BODY_SIZE:2:0:70000]
   [BODY_SIZE:2:168:95000]
   [BODY_SIZE:3:0:140000]
   [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:baby drake:baby drakes]
   [MAXAGE:50:60]
      [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3][ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
   [ATTACK:CLAW:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:CLAW]
      [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3][ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:claw:claws]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [SWIMS_INNATE]2500]
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:711:521:293:1900:2900] 30 kph[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:5951:5419:4898:1463:6944:8233] 6 kph[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:5951:5419:4898:1463:6944:8233] 6 kph[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph[SWIMS_INNATE]750]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10070]
   [LITTERSIZE:1:2]
      [FEMALE]
      [MALE]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SCALE]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:SLATE_GRAY:1:GRAY:1:WHITE:1:ASH_GRAY:1]
               [TLCM_NOUN:scale:SINGULAR]
            [TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
               [APP_MOD_NOUN:scale:SINGULAR]
               [APP_MOD_RATE:3:DAILY:0:300:0:0:NO_END]
               [APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:25:50:100:150:200:300]
            [SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:LENGTH:300]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

To this:

[CREATURE:DRAKE]
   [CREATURE_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES][DESCRIPTION:A large reptile-like creature.  Agressive and used as a guard animal.  You can shear it's scales to make bronze grade armor from them.] /This description is outdated, Drake scales aren't bronze grade anymore.
   [NAME:drake:drakes:drake]
   [CASTE_NAME:drake:drakes:drake]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'d'][COLOR:7:0:0]
   [PETVALUE:350]
   waspet  [PET][CREATURE_CLASS:PET_HEALING] [COMMON_DOMESTIC][CREATURE_CLASS:PET_HEALING]
   [TRAINABLE_WAR]
   [BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
   [PRONE_TO_RAGE:5]
   [FREQUENCY:100]
   [CARNIVORE][NATURAL]
   [LARGE_PREDATOR][MEANDERER]
   [NOFEAR]
   [LIKES_FIGHTING]

[PREFSTRING:scales]
   [PREFSTRING:viciousness]
   [LARGE_ROAMING]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:5:10]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:6]
   [BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]*was soul system EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_TYPE:THOUGHT  EBO_ITEM:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:SOUL:STRUCTURAL
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRAKESCALE:DRAKESCALE_TEMPLATE] /new from me, loads the material for the shearable skin
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
      [REMOVE_TISSUE:SKIN]
      [REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:DRAKESCALE:DRAKESCALE_TEMPLATE] /new from me, loads the tissue for the shearable skin
      [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SCALE:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
   YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_TYPE:UPPERBODY:DRAKESCALE] /new from me, places a layer of shearable drakescale over the upperbody
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:CLAW:FRONT]
    [PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
      [TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
   [HAS_NERVES]
   [BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
   [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:2300]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:112:5000]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:224:7500]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:0:10000]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:168:45000]
   [BODY_SIZE:2:0:70000]
   [BODY_SIZE:2:168:95000]
   [BODY_SIZE:3:0:140000]
   [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:baby drake:baby drakes]
   [MAXAGE:50:60]
      [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3][ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
   [ATTACK:CLAW:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:CLAW]
      [ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3][ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:claw:claws]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
   [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [SWIMS_INNATE]2500]
   [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:711:521:293:1900:2900] 30 kph[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:5951:5419:4898:1463:6944:8233] 6 kph[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:5951:5419:4898:1463:6944:8233] 6 kph[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph[SWIMS_INNATE]750]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10070]
   [LITTERSIZE:1:2]
      [FEMALE]
      [MALE]
YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD!SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SCALE] /prevents two hides from being received upon butchering with "More leather!" turned off   
YES_MORE_LEATHERMOD[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:DRAKESCALE] /SCALE is replaced with DRAKESCALE so the sheared skin is actually usable in the reaction
                [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:SLATE_GRAY:1:GRAY:1:WHITE:1:ASH_GRAY:1]
                            [TLCM_NOUN:scales:PLURAL] /used to be scale:SINGULAR, this is not related to fixing shearing, but it fixes a grammer error in the creature description
                     [TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:DENSE:0:0:0:0:0:0:0] /used to be LENGTH, now it's DENSE. I feel it's more apropriate though you can change it back if you want
                            [APP_MOD_NOUN:scales:PLURAL] /used to be scale:SINGULAR, this is not related to fixing shearing, but it fixes a grammer error in the creature description
                    [APP_MOD_RATE:3:DAILY:0:300:0:0:NO_END]
                    [APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:25:50:100:150:200:300]
                     [SHEARABLE_TISSUE_LAYER:DENSE:300] /used to be LENGTH, now it's DENSE. I feel it's more appropriate though you can change it back if you want
         [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
                [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
                     [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

And that should be it. You should have all the information you need to implement my fix. If you find any bugs, contact me and we'll figure things out (I've tested this thing for weeks, most bugs that should still be in there are bugs in the vanilla version that I never noticed before working on this fix)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:46:32 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 08:51:49 pm »

cool I'll look at it real quick see If I understand add it in and pack the file tonight... I'm running behind schedule came across an error in the human file, Its not critical... and if anyone is having a problem with it, they was having a problem before now.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group