Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stonesense doesn't load map.  (Read 4882 times)

molden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Stonesense doesn't load map.
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:55:59 am »

Hello everyone.

I recently picked up the Masterwork Dwarf Fortress launcher and tried to use stonesense in it (command "ssense" in dfhack, there is no button for it). After going through some hiccups (like trying to launch it in overlay with TWBT enabled) i managed to launch it without crashing the game.

Now the trouble is that it is just a blank slate, with the message "No map loaded" in the top right corner.
Before you ask, i launched it only AFTER loading the save.
As you can see, the dfhack terminal doesn't display any error message, i tried using the F9 key to refresh the map but it did nothing and it doesn't respond to other keys like ESC to close the utility.

I looked into the readme for stonesense but couldn't find any clue of any configuration steps i might have missed.

At this point i thought that the problem could be coming from Masterwork so i tried it with the starter pack launcher (LNP). The problem remains exactly the same whether i select the line in the utilities tab to launch it automatically or using ssense.

Both launchers use the 0.43.03 version of dwarf fortress. I run on a 64 bits windows 7 system with AMD cpu and gpu.

Any clues? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:09:39 am by molden »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense doesn't load map.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 10:37:43 am »

You should be able to close the stonesense window normally (with the "X" button in the upper right).

Can you run "plug RemoteFortressReader" in the DFHack console to make sure that's loaded too?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

molden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 11:21:50 am »

The close button doesn't work either. I had tried that way before looking for hotkeys.

running "plug RemoteFortressReader" returns a table like this:
{Name:RemoteFortressReader, State:loaded, Cmds:1, Enabled:n/a}

I suspect that whatever script is responsible for reading the fortress in dfhack is working fine since Therapist has no trouble reading and editing my dwarves.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 01:52:36 pm »

Okay, the close button should work, so my guess is that Stonesense has locked up somehow or just isn't responding for some other reason. Maybe some information about your system (graphics, etc.) would be helpful. Have you used Stonesense successfully before? You could try changing the RENDERER setting in stonesense/init.txt (try the three options listed, besides ANY), although I'm not sure if that would help, since the default should be the most likely to work.

Stonesense runs in the same process as DF and DFHack (and isn't a script), although it does use RemoteFortressReader for a few things. DT doesn't use DFHack at all, so that's probably unrelated.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

molden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 03:35:48 pm »

System Info:
CPU: AMD A10-7850K radeon R7 4C+8G 4.10Ghz
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X 4G GDDR5 OC
Memory: 8Gb
MB: ASUS A88X-Plus (AMD chipset)

No, it never launched successfully. I have tried your suggestion and set RENDERER to SOFTWARE (said to be the most compatible option) and it didn't resolve it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:52:59 pm by molden »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 06:03:32 pm »

Is there anything in stderr.log after you start Stonesense? There should be a line similar to "Invoking: ssense", depending on what you run, followed by (maybe) any relevant information.

molden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 07:39:13 pm »

I can't find the stderr for the masterwork launcher.
In the LNP stderr the only thing there is is a warning relating to the initial creation of the PyLNP.user file.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 09:01:12 pm »

stderr.log, not stderr.txt. It should be in the same folder as Dwarf Fortress.exe.

molden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 09:18:56 pm »

Oh ok, my bad.

Nothing seems wrong here...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:00:43 pm by molden »

molden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 08:55:53 pm »

Desperate thread bump.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »

I've been trying to get in touch with Japa, but he hasn't been available much, and it's only been 2 days. I really don't have any clue what the issue could be here. Out of curiosity, does minimizing/maximizing the Stonesense window work, or does it not respond to that either?

molden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 10:45:25 pm »

It does resize and maximize but the "graphical space" widget doesn't resize with it. Minimizing it and poping it back up makes this graphical space all black with just the outline of its widget (which aren't congruent with the window borders because of resizing).