Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Consequences... How severe?  (Read 2464 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Consequences... How severe?
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:09:12 pm »

Heres my question... what are the consequences of creating a race with a gigantic caste system with a veriety of creatures and roles...
Like making some members of the castes available as pets and mounts while others have human-like intelligence and can join socioties, while other castes operate as simple beasts and or common domestic...

So... for example, if you made dogs a available cast for humans... Other than two humans giving birth to a dog, what are the consequences i can expect from this sin against nature and logic?

======================================================
Heres my situation.

I have designed robots, a veriety of such, from simple drone pets to complex cyborgs and mechs available as mounts.

Now i have two options here.

A ) Allow robots to breed and maintain a population and do not ask why they are givng birth and such.

B ) Desighn a complex mega caste with every available robot in it and allow only the semi organic cyborgs to build/breed and create every other member of the species.

Now my issue is... this has a extremely high chance of doing something wonky and insane... really messing up my mod if it doesnt go off without a hitch... and i am not just talking about your cyborg neighbour kidnapping and banging your robo-dog.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Consequences... How severe?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:22:02 pm »

You could explain A in-game by explaining that they are allowed to build additional copies of themselves.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 12:28:30 pm »

My Star Wars mod has many robots and races with lots of castes. Feel free to take anything you want from it or use pieces for testing your ideas. I don't know what'll happen if you put Pet and Mount tags in one caste but not others.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:53:47 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 03:03:28 pm »

I am considering just adding a low poprate caste with assembly drones for every robot, so they create more robots, all others are no gender.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 06:04:00 pm »

Genderless races continue to exist now, you just can't breed them.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 11:39:53 am »

Genderless races continue to exist now, you just can't breed them.

Wait... genderless races now have populations not dependent on breeding pairs?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 11:43:31 am »

I was surprised too.
My mods and forum games.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 10:51:04 am »

that would make my day.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 11:07:40 am »

I hope your mod works out. I've kept an eye on it, I'm just burned out on modding right now.
My mods and forum games.