Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Consequences... How severe?

(1/2) > >>

DizzyCrash:
Heres my question... what are the consequences of creating a race with a gigantic caste system with a veriety of creatures and roles...
Like making some members of the castes available as pets and mounts while others have human-like intelligence and can join socioties, while other castes operate as simple beasts and or common domestic...

So... for example, if you made dogs a available cast for humans... Other than two humans giving birth to a dog, what are the consequences i can expect from this sin against nature and logic?

======================================================
Heres my situation.

I have designed robots, a veriety of such, from simple drone pets to complex cyborgs and mechs available as mounts.

Now i have two options here.

A ) Allow robots to breed and maintain a population and do not ask why they are givng birth and such.

B ) Desighn a complex mega caste with every available robot in it and allow only the semi organic cyborgs to build/breed and create every other member of the species.

Now my issue is... this has a extremely high chance of doing something wonky and insane... really messing up my mod if it doesnt go off without a hitch... and i am not just talking about your cyborg neighbour kidnapping and banging your robo-dog.

Dunamisdeos:
You could explain A in-game by explaining that they are allowed to build additional copies of themselves.

Enemy post:
My Star Wars mod has many robots and races with lots of castes. Feel free to take anything you want from it or use pieces for testing your ideas. I don't know what'll happen if you put Pet and Mount tags in one caste but not others.

DizzyCrash:
I am considering just adding a low poprate caste with assembly drones for every robot, so they create more robots, all others are no gender.

Enemy post:

Genderless races continue to exist now, you just can't breed them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version