Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 72801 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »

I always used the rune for head-explosion heals. Worm's tooth, I think. Actually don't think I equipped any other healing runes.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2017, 09:55:17 pm »

If they can just make a better Shadow of Mordor then I'd be happy.
Aye.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 10:26:20 pm »

Combat Branding + Heal. Nice in a pinch when things have gotten a little too real and you need some momentary muscle, because the animation for combat brand is so quick. When I got bored of having too many minions, I'd just slay them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2017, 10:28:15 pm »

Combat Branding + Heal. Nice in a pinch when things have gotten a little too real and you need some momentary muscle, because the animation for combat brand is so quick. When I got bored of having too many minions, I'd just slay them.

Later on the best skill was just Wraith Burn if you wanted to clear everyone out.

Which is kind of a shame... but they REALLY didn't balance out some of their skills too too well :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 10:45:36 pm »

Don't you have to hit with one attack then the other? I faffed around with those powers before deciding swording orks was way more satisfying.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2017, 10:47:30 pm »

Don't you have to hit with one attack then the other? I faffed around with those powers before deciding swording orks was way more satisfying.

Well Wraith Burn doesn't really do damage (unless enemies are knocked down or stunned... but good luck with that) but it fears everyone in range... essentially mass killing them (and for some missions... it does count as a kill).

Actually the actual killing mechanic of Wraith Burn is kind of pointless...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 05:26:42 am »

I really liked the game, but it reallllly needed some kind of hard mode or "orcs have no level limit" or anything, please. Excited for the next one however

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2017, 03:28:44 pm »

IGN: "The New Nemesis System Revealed"

Orcs can have a third type on top of their tribe and class ("advanced class: destroyer"), it seems. I'm really interested to see how the different combinations work together. A level 60 mystic necromancer with bombs sounds like a terrifying opponent.

The best part is the random orc that appears to announce Ugakuga like a comedy wrestling match.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2017, 04:35:38 pm »

So basically each fortress is a microcosm of SoM's nemesis system. Each fort has an overlord, warchiefs and captains. I'm guessing you can subvert their loyalty to the overlord just like you could subvert the loyalty of captains in SoM.

I.e....you can make conquering each fortress take 10 hours if you want by meticulously breaking apart its defenses....or you can just bum rush your way in and fight everything.

I like it. Although it does smack a little of "there's a whole bunch of stuff you don't need to do to make the game even easier" like it was in SoM. Maybe the difficulty levels compensate for that.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2017, 05:43:06 pm »

I.e....you can make conquering each fortress take 10 hours if you want by meticulously breaking apart its defenses....or you can just bum rush your way in and fight everything.

I like it. Although it does smack a little of "there's a whole bunch of stuff you don't need to do to make the game even easier" like it was in SoM. Maybe the difficulty levels compensate for that.
I'm a bit worried about that too. In SoM the orcs can have a huge number advantage but they won't really use it... It seems the same in this one, too. Maybe there's difficulty options to make the orcs more aggressive.

You could technically go straight for the kingpins when clearing out the regions in Crackdown but the fights were absurdly difficult. Hopefully the overlords in SoW will be similar to that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »

I didn't play Crackdown but I kind of expect boss fights will be more QTE fighting style than your average warlord. Guess we'll have to wait and see when there's some actual gameplay and not these staged fights.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2017, 11:33:35 pm »

Hmm. With the human NPCs and such in this game, I'm a bit sad that there probably won't be randomly generated humans.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2017, 06:41:26 am »

Yeah I wanted to gather all the slaves and start a militia or something and lead a rebellion lol.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2017, 06:47:59 am »

Hmm. With the human NPCs and such in this game, I'm a bit sad that there probably won't be randomly generated humans.

Yeah, I get the impression it is a sort of "We either want to do it right or not at all" a... admirable quality.

Also there won't be randomly generated humans :P

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2017, 01:26:43 pm »

The Minas Ithil video shows five human captains (one is named and has dialogue) and the overlord of the city in question near the start of the video. I could see random humans being put in; the real question is how much of a role they play in the game, if any.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53